Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

RE: Spooner

He accidentally consumed a PED substance that is not widely distributed and he plays a sport in which fast recovery from numerous injuries is highly advantageous. Quite a low probability accident. Stuff happens man. Need to research masking better my friend. 

16 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

A football player caught with PED's in his body and he doesn't know where they came from? That's a story I've never ever heard before. Surprised he got caught? That I believe. Sorry that he got caught? I believe that too. A pro not knowing what he's taking? Nope... I don't believe that.

So you've taken dozens if not hundreds of supplements in your grueling football career have you?  cool story.

2 hours ago, jazzsax said:

So where in the world does anyone believe that someone "accidentally" consumes an oral steroid? Give me a break. 

Not in sports, not in competitive sports especially. These guys know what they are doing and take the risk trying not to get caught. 

The purveyors of these PEDs often also sell "guaranteed" masking agents or tips on how to avoid detection. Some of these are outrageously stupid and few actually work.

21 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup..lol .I have

Oh I know you have booch lol.  burg on the other hand, not so much. 

Point I was making is that it does happen.  with Anabolic steroids, not so much unless hes really dumb and taking stuff from friends at the gym or something (which is plausible,  it was an oral steroid he was caught with.. or one usually taken orally anyway)

Edited by SPuDS

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

In slightly different vein, did the Bombers not bring in a speed demon kick returner a few weeks ago who has apparently disappeared into the void?

He was released to make room for Rush on the PR. Rush was bump off the 46 by the return of Fenner.

On 2018-08-10 at 12:26 PM, Fan Boy said:

RE: Spooner

He accidentally consumed a PED substance that is not widely distributed and he plays a sport in which fast recovery from numerous injuries is highly advantageous. Quite a low probability accident. Stuff happens man. Need to research masking better my friend. 

of this half dozen of the other. lots of guys get false positives from contaminated supplements. The manufacturing of legit supplements is very often done in the same place were illegal substances are bottled. That said it doesnt excuse guys who pop. its on them to be sure they are clean. 

On 2018-08-14 at 1:27 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

As I don't follow the Winnipeg media closely, has he been clear with shedding his NFL aspirations?

I'd have to think that a player with his kind of drive isn't just going to give up on his dream that easily.... that said, if he really likes being on the field full time and being a true leader, maybe it becomes his new goal to help bring this city a championship, or three!   We'll see if the lure of the almighty dollar reigns supreme!