Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

On 2018-08-21 at 6:10 PM, Arnold_Palmer said:

The real reason we lost was we had Ottawa second and long ALL night and Harris found the sweet spot in our zone every single time. I’ve never seen a team complete so many second and longs. This is 100 percent entirely scheme and even with the best MLB in the league and loads of talent on the defensive side we will struggle defensively all season unless there’s a change at the DC position. 

There were roughly 6 second and long situations where the Bombers were called on a penalty which extended the drives. Over 20pts were scored as a result of it. Please don't give all that credit to Trevor Harris nor blame the scheme because I can guarantee the defense didn't scheme all those penalties. It was a complete disaster on the penalty side of the game....whether they were warranted or not. 

5 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

As much as we all hate him, this team could really use the talent infusion that Duron Carter would add to the table. 

Sure, but his "zero work ethic" wouldn't play well around this club. 

I'm not sure how it's going to go over in TO and how long it will be before he wears out his welcome. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Sure, but his "zero work ethic" wouldn't play well around this club. 

I'm not sure how it's going to go over in TO and how long it will be before he wears out his welcome. 

is work ethic really the problem with him? I wouldnt suspect so. I would think its selfishness. Which also wouldnt fly. If he had his head on right he could be in the nfl easily. instead he is a mid season free agent in the cfl. 

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

is work ethic really the problem with him? I wouldnt suspect so. I would think its selfishness. Which also wouldnt fly. If he had his head on right he could be in the nfl easily. instead he is a mid season free agent in the cfl. 

With the right person mentoring him he might be okay. Kind of like Mike Tyson and Cus D'Amato. Probably too late though.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Work ethic is what causes the problem. He doesn't practice "hard", he takes plays off and generally seems aloof.

If you're out there busting your ass, you expect everyone else to. It's about accountability. 

Most people think he's a good guy, just too damn selfish and lazy to be a good teammate. 

Edited by JCon

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh please the "whining" by Nichols is nothing. That's just frustration from a losing effort coming through. Guy isn't like that, just a heat of the moment lapse in his usual attitude. 

Watch when Matty gets hit tomorrow......last game he did not like it. I am really curious to see how tough he is going to be tomorrow in order to get that win and get us closer to second place in the west.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Got hit and didn’t like it?

That’s perplexing..

xbfrd1.gif

He really really didn't like it.... like he was surprised it even happened.   He did not look impressed,  he did not just pop up like it was nothing and it is a part of the game..... really watch tomorrow for it, I will be.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He really really didn't like it.... like he was surprised it even happened.   He did not look impressed,  he did not just pop up like it was nothing and it is a part of the game..... really watch tomorrow for it, I will be.

Oh stop. Just stop. Stop.  Just Stop.  Blah, blah, blah, blah.  Is this some kind of Red Badge Of Courage thing for you? Is Matt supposed to jump up & laugh at the Stampeders defense everytime he gets hit? Is he supposed to scream, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT???" Then thump his chest & call another play?  No qb likes to get hit. Stop talking such crazy s h i t.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Oh stop. Just stop. Stop.  Just Stop.  Blah, blah, blah, blah.  Is this some kind of Red Badge Of Courage thing for you? Is Matt supposed to jump up & laugh at the Stampeders defense everytime he gets hit? Is he supposed to scream, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT???" Then thump his chest & call another play?  No qb likes to get hit. Stop talking such crazy s h i t.

UummmmMm.....  yes.  Look like a tough guy football player. Let the other team know it doesn't bother you... 

like I said let's watch the game and see how matt reacts...

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Wow....... I know this place is better than this...

you call me a troll yet can't say why....... how about we get back to talking about the Bombers 

Your words speak for themselves. I have zero respect for anything you say. From now on you're on my Ignore List. 

12 hours ago, Firekid said:

There were roughly 6 second and long situations where the Bombers were called on a penalty which extended the drives. Over 20pts were scored as a result of it. Please don't give all that credit to Trevor Harris nor blame the scheme because I can guarantee the defense didn't scheme all those penalties. It was a complete disaster on the penalty side of the game....whether they were warranted or not. 

And yet he still had nearly 400 yards passing. Let’s not blame penalties for the fact that we were softer than baby **** on second down all night.