Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

Sounds like Johnny Manzeil will be starting this week... per CFL, TSN, basically every sports outlet in the country...

Can't wait to see how Manzel reacts to the carnivorous pass rush that he will face. He is going to be harassed on every play.

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

Sounds like Johnny Manzeil will be starting this week... per CFL, TSN, basically every sports outlet in the country...

How ridiculous is that... how much can he learn of the playbook in two weeks with zero CFL experience.    

Way to really put the guy under fire. 

Unrelated topic.. the ire some have for Loffler.  saying he isnt playing well..  is it due to him not being mentioned? I think that's a good thing.  hes playing more as a traditional safety and protecting the deep stuff (tho yes I have seen him in chase sometimes) from what I've seen..

Am I off base or is this accurate?

Just now, SPuDS said:

Unrelated topic.. the ire some have for Loffler.  saying he isnt playing well..  is it due to him not being mentioned? I think that's a good thing.  hes playing more as a traditional safety and protecting the deep stuff (tho yes I have seen him in chase sometimes) from what I've seen..

Am I off base or is this accurate?

A small part. Loffler is the type of guy who sells out for big hits. And he has had a lot of whiffs this year, with very few game altering hits. I was at last weeks game and paid most of my attention while we were on D to loffler. What i saw was him seemingly to be slow in decisions and first step. Previously He came up and played a very shallow S position. he made most of our Mlber range tackles while hurl was pushed around by linemen. This year, bighill and jsk are covering more of the middle deep range that loffler covered in the past. When his decision is clear on who to take he does ok. When it isnt, when qbs look him off, when he faces double moves he is struggling. He made some un needed blind side turns rather then speed turning in the direction of the play, etc.

What we seem to be doing more of especially in that game, is sending mo deep. On the plays where mo was the deepest man, or we had 2 deep / quarters loffler did a lot better. His best play has come when he is coming up and making plays on ball carriers / pass attempts. Running down hill and laying the wood. 

Last year we saw more and more teams exploit the lack of deep help. Loffler is best in the box, or at the back end of the box, and under neath on a robber level. Still a good player, if some what limited he just doesnt fit too well right now. We will have to wait and see if he can adapt in his new role or if we can make it easier more with the deeper help from some one else. He isnt hurl bad on the back end by any means. 

Harris.... what a player.

got the ultimate compliment from O'Shea the other day:

Man, I would’ve loved to play with him,” said O’Shea, the Bombers head coach. “I would’ve been fired up on the sidelines all the time he got the ball, I would’ve begging the offensive coaches to just give it to Andrew

“I think I would’ve cheered every time he scored or ran somebody over. He can do it all. He thinks of himself as an O-lineman when it’s pass and thinks of himself as a receiver when he’s running routes. When he carries the ball it’s like he wants to serve the offensive line for its effort ... he makes people around him better.”

the Bombers are getting a lot of awards this season. 

All hard earned and well deserved.

Jovon, is having so much on field fun playing this season........  so great to see a guy play with such verve.

It reminds me of the good ole days of West, Battle and Jones.

going to have to open up the piggy bank to extend Bighill.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I will forever be grateful to Darian Durant for opening up cap space for Adam Bighill...  truly his Blue and Gold legacy

and making it possible for Chris Streveler to see the field. Can you imagine what a freaking nightmare it would have been to trot out doubledouche those first three games?