Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Five years in and can’t find receivers?  How about wondering why every year there are intriguing or exciting receiver prospects in camp (this year Corey Washington sits idle), yet our coaching staff either cuts them or strands them on the practice roster... while scrubs like Lankford get the tap on the shoulder??

13 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Five years in and can’t find receivers?  How about wondering why every year there are intriguing or exciting receiver prospects in camp (this year Corey Washington sits idle), yet our coaching staff either cuts them or strands them on the practice roster... while scrubs like Lankford get the tap on the shoulder??

We find guys, but yeah the coaching staff tends to fall in love with awful offensive/defensive guys who play teams and can fill a minor role. its time for an end to the stankford experiment. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Lankford has 17 games as a Blue Bomber with 22 catches for 278 yards and 3 tds. For comparison's sake, JFG was better last year and Kolhert has 4 seasons that are better.

Are you sure that's not mostly games as a backup receiver... and actually only a handful of starting games? 

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS and co will trot out Lankford and meanwhile Edmonton's depth receivers are Mitchell and Hazelton and Calgary has Michel and Begelton. If only a reporter would ask Walters a tough question such as "Why are we five years into your regime and you still can't find american receivers?"

Walters loves Canadians, which I don't have a problem with. Besides, he got us the sure-handed speed burner, Lankford. 

Speaking of speed, have you seen Petermann's 40 yard dash time?

18 hours ago, J5V said:

Walters loves Canadians, which I don't have a problem with. Besides, he got us the sure-handed speed burner, Lankford. 

Curse you for pointing out the obvious and potentially embarrassing our head coach and OC. Logic has NO place here.

17 hours ago, J5V said:

That was on a notoriously slow testing ground too. He easily would have run a very fast time by nfl standards other wise. Iirc his fast time was 4.4. 

Has everyone given up the season that they want to play all these rookies? 

There is still a full half season to go and the Bombers may very well make a run.  Do you have any idea what Calgary and Saskatchewan defenses will do if they got to play a rookie (as in no pro experience anywhere) QB and two rookie receivers (one fresh from CIS the other from the juniors)?

I get over-reaction Monday, but it is now Tuesday.  Maybe common sense should prevail.

3 minutes ago, MC said:

There is still a full half season to go and the Bombers may very well make a run.  Do you have any idea what Calgary and Saskatchewan defenses will do if they got to play a rookie (as in no pro experience anywhere) QB and two rookie receivers (one fresh from CIS the other from the juniors)?

I get over-reaction Monday, but it is now Tuesday.  Maybe common sense should prevail.

Lankford has never evolved from being a rookie.  Makes the same rookie mistakes, mistakes most rookies wouldn’t even make like letting kickoffs roll on the turf.

1 hour ago, MC said:

What rookie receivers are you referring too? 

A line-up with Adams..Wolitarsky, Tompkins, Demski and Washington rather than Lankford is hardy conceding the season...nor does it fit your above comment.

In my opinion that is our best line-up we could field this year with whats on the roster...why they havn't given this set-up a chance blows my mind

This current gang of coaches believe you go to the wall with inferior players like Lankford until it hurts.... *see Roc Carmichael of 17...Hurts us on the field,standings and hurts the club in the locker room...You can't tell me that players aren't noticing the fact we have better on the roster and yet continue to beat a dead horse.... I don't know if they'll play Lankford again against the stamps BUT if it is the case, higher ups like Miller must be wondering what the hell is going on here