Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I've never seen a team that's lost so much in the past three years have such an ignorant, loud fan base. Congrats to getting to getting to 500. That must be quite the accomishnement after being the laughing stock of the CFL for the last couple of years. There's absolutely zero fear of us coming into Saskatchewan next week. Heck we've owned you guys in your own barn lately so stop yapping. Still last in the West, and not going anywhere with a 40 year old Kevin Glenn. I just hope you're man enough to come around here in two weeks when you're 4-6.

Reminds of the fanbase for the team that plays hockey in Toronto even when there team is horrible they are ignorant and when they win a couple they become unbearable

I am sorry but any team that's depending on Grandpa Glenn is not going to go very far.  Congrats on the win over the Esks last night.  In my opinion we and Calgary are the ones to beat now and so if the Riders do lay a beat down on us that would be hard to stomach, but it would show that the Riders are for real.  I just can't get over Kevin Glenn.  I have seen him disappoint fanbases too often to ever have any confidence in that guy.

Riders played well. But... If your D is generating 5 turnovers and leading to 35 points being scored .. Yeah you're going to win... 

I wouldnt expect the bombers to turn the ball over 5 times tho... Its just.. They dont do that. If they do.. Riders win... If not... We win. 

Bombers play a more ball control clock eating game.. Edmonton is more.. Duck and Chuck.. BC is similar.. They live on the big play.. Riders took that away from them. We don't play that way. I would say.. Bombers Oline and Dline are much better than Edmonton and BC so... It plays a role. Lets not fool ourselves... Glenn was dead in the pocket a few times but Edmonton just cant tackle... If they could Glenn probably turtles. 

Esks are smoke and mirrors... Ill say it.. I wouldnt be shocked if esks or bc miss the playoffs.. 2 teams that are hyped so much.. I dont see it tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

I hate to admit it, but the Riders might be the hottest team in the league right now. Yes we have won 5 straight but the Riders have dominated against 2 western opponents. Labour Day is set up to be a hum dinger! We need to stay with the Riders in the first half. I think a key for us will be giving Matt time in the pocket.

^^^^

This

It is going to come down to whether the vaunted Bomber OLine can match up well against an extremely talented Sask front 7 comprised of some of the top up'n comers in the CFL. It will also be interesting to see if a very fast and aggressive Sask LB corps can neutralize the threat of Harris out of the backfield.

If they get to Nichols often and take away Harris as a safety valve, then he will either start throwing the ball up or else he is going to be carried off the field on a stretcher and into next year territory.

On the other side, Cam Marshall is a very good north-south running back and I don't think a less talented, very mediocre, Bomber linebacking corps will be able to stop him much - particularly with Hurl in the middle. In addition, Glenn has the quick release and Bombers always give teams those short passes that Glenn is very good at completing. The match up here will be that if Bombers can't keep the defense off the field by maintaining long drives and scoring 30+ points on O, Bombers are going to have to play waaay over their capabilities to dateon defense  to keep Glenn and Marshall from racking up some big numbers and a big score.

I have to say that I covet the personnel that Jones has brought in on that solid D and the aggressive style of defense they play. I think that is how you win big games and championships.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sorry......which streak? 

He means the 'Riders winning streak at home, they haven't lost since we beat them to help all of Canada celebrate Canada's 150th with an age old tradition: watching the Riders lose. Was extra special because as a statuatory holiday; we all got paid to watch it unfold.

Why do I hate the Riders? Is it because of their puke green ugly jerseys? No. Is it because they play in a **** hole province? Not really. I don't have to go there.  Is it because they've won 4 cups in 100 years? No that's hilarious. Is it because their team name is also the name of a popular brand of condom? Also funny.

I hate them because since the mid 2000's when that loser franchise had a small taste of success their obnoxious, beer swilling, toothless, cousin *******, uneducated, sweat pants with good shoes wearing, racist, inbred, penis breath fans became the most insufferable brand of malcontents in the sporting world. They make Raider fans look classy and put together. This team has just come off 2 horrible years with a handful of wins between both seasons, and has now JUST pulled themselves to a .500 record. And yet look at all the beaking their fans are doing. It's incredible. It's actually astonishing how tone deaf they can be, and the lack of self awareness is so pervasive.

The Bombers are 17-5 since Nichols took over last summer and most fans including myself are still very cautious and careful not to count chickens before they hatch. Yet these mongrels are breaking their necks to start erecting Chris Jones statues in that outhouse of a city called Regina.

I hope the Bombers beat the Riders by 400 points and Chris Jones rides off on his ******* motercycle during the 3 minute warning back to Tennessee and settles in a nice little cottage on ol' Rocky Top. What a prick. Him and his garbage fans deserve each other.

Edited by White Out

Blow out wins don't count for any more than close wins, the fact is this Bomber team is not likely to blow anyone out, they just don't play that way. They get up and they play it safe, they get down they go harder to get the lead back and then once they have it they try not to give the game away. It leads to close games and near heart attacks for us fans, but you can't argue that this team knows how to take care of it's business. 

The Bombers will not give the ball away like the Esks and Lions did to the Riders. They just don't do that, so without the freebies what do the Riders have? A Kevin Glenn led offense? Oooooo shaking in my boots. 

It's funny, Rider fans screamed the loudest that the Bombers relied too much on unsustainable turnover numbers to win, yet they seem to be thumping their chests awfully hard after 2 games with massive amounts of turnovers in their favour.... 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Blow out wins don't count for any more than close wins, the fact is this Bomber team is not likely to blow anyone out, they just don't play that way. They get up and they play it safe, they get down they go harder to get the lead back and then once they have it they try not to give the game away. It leads to close games and near heart attacks for us fans, but you can't argue that this team knows how to take care of it's business. 

The Bombers will not give the ball away like the Esks and Lions did to the Riders. They just don't do that, so without the freebies what do the Riders have? A Kevin Glenn led offense? Oooooo shaking in my boots. 

It's funny, Rider fans screamed the loudest that the Bombers relied too much on unsustainable turnover numbers to win, yet they seem to be thumping their chests awfully hard after 2 games with massive amounts of turnovers in their favour.... 

Well the voters in the polls give you points for those blowouts wins. Wait, that's college football, not the CFL? Nevermind.

On 8/26/2017 at 11:27 AM, TheSource said:

^^^^

This

It is going to come down to whether the vaunted Bomber OLine can match up well against an extremely talented Sask front 7 comprised of some of the top up'n comers in the CFL. It will also be interesting to see if a very fast and aggressive Sask LB corps can neutralize the threat of Harris out of the backfield.

If they get to Nichols often and take away Harris as a safety valve, then he will either start throwing the ball up or else he is going to be carried off the field on a stretcher and into next year territory.

Nichols doesn't "throw the ball up" when he's under pressure and that's the kicker.  The other issue is that the Rider D-line looked like all-stars against two decimated O-lines, I foresee them returning to their usual production when they face-off against an intact Bomber O-line.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Lets look at the big winning streak. Lucky wins against a bad montreal team. winless Ottawa, pulled that one out of the fire. Beat Hamilton, who hasn't. Beat the same practice squad eskimo's, in your stadium with a way worse roster than the one we pounded in their stadium last night.  Respect is what you will get when you beat the western teams.  

your in last place in the west...won two games against 2 teams who shat their beds...You think that the nRider's have hit some kind of revelation or something but are basically the same team that sucked the previous 6=7 games

You have  games in hand against BC, but you have to win them and that only gives you a chance at the cross over..not sure why all the boasting and delusions of grandeur to be honest...plus you have Kevin Friggen Glenn..poster child for never getting it done..choking in big games and disappearing when it gets cold...good luck

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That ^ is one hell of an insightful post. The Bomber team analysis is right on.  Adding that the Bombers have been playing consistently (Nichols17-5) demonstrates the mark of a team that prepares and practises at a high level.  Ongoing success is the result. The Bombers will be on the winning side of the scoreboard more often than not.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

We are riding high, I don't see that changing next week.  I don't guarantee anything. Its called a opinion. Am I allowed to have one?  

hmm could have sworn the bombers are on a longer win streak then you guys so we must be riding at epic heights ourselves if you wanna take who has momentum atm

Gotta give Ripper credit for stirring up poop on this forum. The Rider secondary is very good as is their D-line, but their linebacking is questionable, so Harris and Flanders ought to do well. I do not think the Rider O-line is anywhere good enough to save Glenn's bacon and no matter how good their receivers are, if Glenn is hurried and/or sacked, historically he gets rattled. That said, he has taken some hits that would have rattled his molars and still functioned, so we have  to get to him early and often.