Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

42 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

This is really a hard game to predict an outcome. Naturally Rider fans are going to say the Riders will win and Bomber fans are going to say The Bombers are going to win.. (for the most part anyways). Truthfully, I have no idea how this game will turn out, Bombers are hot, no doubt about it, and the team is playing with confidence. The Riders on the other hand, are what I believe to be a much improved team than what they were at the beginning of the season, and while not on a streak like the Bombers are, do have a couple of confidence building wins and hopefully take that onto the field Sunday. (just not over confident lol) 

I think each team has certain advantages over the other.. you guys have a better qb in my opinion, and at this point of the season, I think our defense is playing a little better than yours. That being said, the guys in your secondary are pretty quick to the ball when it's thrown. Is home field an advantage for us? I would say probably, even though you guys took the first game from us at Mosiac. I'm pretty sure it will be loud and the noise will cause a few mistakes for Nichols. Might just come down to who want's it most lol. Regardless of the outcome, looks like it's going to be a good couple of weekends of spewing mud back and forth. 

I agree with your comments.

4 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Welcome to MBB Scaroz71. Hope you enjoy yourself here. 

My apologies. I fell asleep reading your post.

Thanks for the warm welcome.  :rolleyes: I've been here for about 3 years though. I don't post a lot here, usually just read the posts to get another perspective of whats going on around the league. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents seeing as it's a discussion that involves the Riders. 

And no need to apologize for falling asleep reading my post, I know it's pretty dark in your mom's basement and pretty easy to nod off. ;)

2 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Well, in my years watching the Bombers in the LDC they have mostly lost the game. They have lost despite having some very good teams going play very bad Rider teams. As such, I can see why some Bomber fans will favour the riders going into the LDC. I most certainly will not judge their devotion to the team based on such calls. I think it is very unfortunate that you would attack other fans for having an opinion different from your own. It doesn't make for a very welcoming community.

Welcome to the internet.  Wear a helmet.

2 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome.  :rolleyes: I've been here for about 3 years though. I don't post a lot here, usually just read the posts to get another perspective of whats going on around the league. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents seeing as it's a discussion that involves the Riders. 

And no need to apologize for falling asleep reading my post, I know it's pretty dark in your mom's basement and pretty easy to nod off. ;)

My mom is dead. 

22 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Welcome to MBB Scaroz71. Hope you enjoy yourself here. 

My apologies. I fell asleep reading your post.

I concur about falling asleep ... so many words & so little content .... but that is nothing new here

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

It never ceases to amaze me when people who call themselves fans of the Bombers will predict a loss.  Sure, a loss is possible every game, but personally, I go in expecting the Blue to win.  Especially against the Riders.  So to all of you saying "we're going to lose on Labour Day", shame, shame on all of you!

Did you feel that way in 2013 too?... that season I was at every game, wearing my Bomber jersey and cheering for my team... but I fully expected them to lose every game (once the pre-season optimism had died after a few games)...

Just now, bearpants said:

Did you feel that way in 2013 too?... that season I was at every game, wearing my Bomber jersey and cheering for my team... but I fully expected them to lose every game (once the pre-season optimism had died after a few games)...

2013 was frustrating, no doubt about that.  And in those circumstances, I could certainly understand why there would be a air of pessimism.  Having said that, I still went into every game expecting (hoping) for a win.  That was usually not the case by the 2nd quarter though.  I will point out one thing that is now significantly different:  it ain't 2013 anymore.

57 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

For you it seems you are attributing both but then why be clear?

17 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't write to your expectations.  My bad.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Do you think that is disloyalty or bad judgment?

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Does it have to be either/or?

C'mon guys!  This is exactly what those rider pukes want! We can't have dissension among us! The great green gits are the enemy, not each other. we must unite!

In less than a week, Bombers from here will join others from around the country. And we will be launching the largest grid-iron battle in this history of Labour Day Classics and Banjo Bowls.

Blue bombers-- those words should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 29th of August, and you will once again be fighting for our W, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from toothless banjo pickin' inbreds.

We're fighting for our right to make fun of, to brag.

And should we win the day, the 3rd of September will no longer be known as a Sunday, but as the day when the Blue declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Labour Day!

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, Ripper said:

The riders are going to win next week, book it. The question is, can you regroup and win at home? That will be the turning point game of your season.  

I'm not yet sold that your boys have turned the corner. I would feel better if Dressler was playing but even so,  I like how our receivers match up against your secondary and our backs against your linebackers.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

I concur about falling asleep ... so many words & so little content .... but that is nothing new here

So to be clear, you get upset when people of other fan bases come on here and troll, and yet when someone from another fan base comes here and actually talks about football, you still feel the need to try and degrade? I talked about the fact your team was riding high on a 5 game win streak, and were playing good ball. I mentioned QB's and defense and how home field may be an advantage. I get this is your house and I'm a guest here, but I don't troll on your board.  Sorry if my post wasn't filled with stat's that were cut and pasted from another website, I just thought this was a forum that people could talk football on.

17 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I'm not yet sold that your boys have turned the corner. I would feel better if Dressler was playing but even so,  I like how our receivers match up against your secondary and our backs against your linebackers.

Good bet he's back at his usual spot when the 1s take the field for the first practice of the week...

I think it's pretty obvious we have the Riders kryptonite in our back pocket by the name of... *ugh*  Matty Ice.  Never lost to the riders, undefeated at NMS and playing the best ball of his career.  I'm starting to believe when Walters and Osh felt the need to find a capable back up to Drew Willy in 2015,  a criteria in their targets was "Can they beat the riders?"  to which Nichols said hell yes I can... and I will.