Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

Lots of mature responses here, some not so much.  Pretty easy to see who talks football and who just likes to complain.  No wonder you don't see many fans of other teams posting here, I post about the riders in a rider thread and I'm a troll?  

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wasn't aware that Ripper transforms into a giant peacock after the Riders fluke two wins in a row against the absolute worst performances by Jennings and Reilly in their career.   

Does he go into hibernation after a Riders team plays against decent qb'ing?

This may be over your head, but maybe they played bad because they were running for their lives most of the game.  

22 hours ago, Ripper said:

Fluking out wins is what you have been doing. Our wins have been a bit more decisive. 

Let's see. Sask hits upright, Bombers don't. Win bombers.

Winnipeg down 12 to Montreal drive the field score a TD. Kick the convert. Recover the onside. Drive the field score on a one yard plunge. Bombers win.

Ottawa ties game. Bombers drive field kick a last second FG Bombers win.

Montreal Ties game. Both score in first OT. Bomber pick off Durant pass. Kick FG to win.

Bomber roll Hamilton and Roll TO and Rolled Edmonton. The scores may have been tighter but they were in control of those three games. They have only not scored 30 or more points once this year and most of their points have come from the offense, not the defense. Four straight games they have led whistle to whistle. So they may have had five tight game but they have not "fluked" any of those wins they put up point when they needed to and there is nothing fluke about that.

Saskatchewan most definitely has a very good defense but their O has not quite been a sparkler.  While our D is not as good, our O is putting up good numbers. Winnipeg plays a much more controlled offense and is not as susceptible to turnovers as BC and Edmonton are so I don't think your team is going to be doing any rolling over the opponent this week. This is Labour Day though so I am not going to predict a WInnipeg win but I know that they can can win and in a close game I like their odds. They have only lost one of five close games while Saskatchewan has not been able to pull out a win in a close game yet.

Edited by Dragon37

22 hours ago, Ripper said:

Lets look at the big winning streak. Lucky wins against a bad montreal team. winless Ottawa, pulled that one out of the fire. Beat Hamilton, who hasn't. Beat the same practice squad eskimo's, in your stadium with a way worse roster than the one we pounded in their stadium last night.  Respect is what you will get when you beat the western teams.  

A bad Montreal team which you failed to beat because your team could kick the ball between the uprights when you needed it. Oh and they kept your self vaunted offense to what 16 points?

An interception is no fluke Durant made a mistake and Winnipeg made him pay. Not any different that Johnson or What-his-names pick sixes this week for Sask.

4 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Saskatchewan most definitely has a very good defense but their O has not quite been a sparkler.  While our D is not as good, our O is putting up good numbers. Winnipeg plays a much more controlled offense and is not as susceptible to turnovers as BC and Edmonton are so I don't think your team is going to be doing any rolling over the opponent this week. This is Labour Day though so I am not going to predict a WInnipeg win but I know that they can can win and in a close game I like their odds. They have only lost one of five close games while Saskatchewan has been able to pull out a win in a close game yet.

Might want to look at the stats a bit closer. Bombers have 191 more passing yards for the season than the riders, in one more game played. Bombers have 12 turnovers on offense, 2 more than the riders. Riders have more td passes.  You have a 57 pt edge in points scored, in one extra game. Riders have edge in possession time, but its so close its basically a wash.   Bombers have a 373 yard edge running the ball and more rushing tds. I would hardly say the stats show the Bomber offense substantially better than ours. Your Oline is 3rd worst for sacks allowed, a concerning stat going into this week. With the Lions not playing you can look to be 2nd worst or worst after the weekend. Only edge you have on us is running the ball. We are not planning on letting you do that so that will be the game story going in.  I guess in conclusion, any of you satisfied or happy with your offensive numbers are hypocrites to not see the Riders nearly equal in every category.

2 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

A bad Montreal team which you failed to beat because your team could kick the ball between the uprights when you needed it. Oh and they kept your self vaunted offense to what 16 points?

An interception is no fluke Durant made a mistake and Winnipeg made him pay. Not any different that Johnson or What-his-names pick sixes this week for Sask.

We blew that game in Montreal, hands down. Crapigna hurt us with that miss. That 2 points would be nice now.  The upright hit in Regina sucked as well,  but that wasn't a sure victory as the Bombers would have got ball again so we may still have lost. The ones with the clock at zero and the field goal for the win are the ones that really suck, kind of like your guy whenever you play the Lions.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Might want to look at the stats a bit closer. Bombers have 191 more passing yards for the season than the riders, in one more game played. Bombers have 12 turnovers on offense, 2 more than the riders. Riders have more td passes.  You have a 57 pt edge in points scored, in one extra game. Riders have edge in possession time, but its so close its basically a wash.   Bombers have a 373 yard edge running the ball and more rushing tds. I would hardly say the stats show the Bomber offense substantially better than ours. Your Oline is 3rd worst for sacks allowed, a concerning stat going into this week. With the Lions not playing you can look to be 2nd worst or worst after the weekend. Only edge you have on us is running the ball. We are not planning on letting you do that so that will be the game story going in.  I guess in conclusion, any of you satisfied or happy with your offensive numbers are hypocrites to not see the Riders nearly equal in every category.

Nearly, but not quite and as such you have failed to amass more than four wins.

13 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Nearly, but not quite and as such you have failed to amass more than four wins.

Which way do you want to play this to meet your narrative?  You're defense has won games for you also.  Your offense is the reason you have more wins? Truth is, and no one here will admit it, is the teams are almost identical.  

Edited by Ripper

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

We blew that game in Montreal, hands down. Crapigna hurt us with that miss. That 2 points would be nice now.  The upright hit in Regina sucked as well,  but that wasn't a sure victory as the Bombers would have got ball again so we may still have lost. The ones with the clock at zero and the field goal for the win are the ones that really suck, kind of like your guy whenever you play the Lions.

They do indeed suck but they are part of the game so I wouldn't call those fluke wins. Fluke wins are truly pulling out a game on an improbable play or a dubious call. Winnipeg has won close games closer games than should have been but they still pulled them out by working hard. No doubt about it either that Sask deserves full points for their last two wins. If anyone steps back and takes a hard look they should be able to see that Sask is not a bad team but they are not yet "on the porch" as they like to say on TSN. Teams cannot take them lightly or they get what BC got. At the same time Saskatchewan fans have to admit that the Bombers are a better team at this point. Not as good as say Calgary, they indeed have point they need to work on such as the secondary but they have earned their wins and not by fluke.

It should be a good game, at least on paper, but this is Labour Day and history has shown that no matter how good Winnipeg is going into this game it is a serious dogfight that they more often have lost. No matter how good or bad Sask is, or for that matter any team is, you must respect them, because if you don't you lose. Its that simple. I think though Saskatchewan too, does have to respect this version of the Bombers because since Nichols took over and we tweaked the o-line they have become a much better team. Just because Sask rolled tow strong teams doesn't mean they will do the same without good preparation.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Which way do you want to play this to meet your narrative?  You're defense has won games for you also.  Your offense is the reason you have more wins? Truth is, and no one here will admit it, is the teams are almost identical.  

Winnipeg offense is better and Sask D is better. It's that simple. There's the narrative. In a close game I like the Bombers chances.

Chris Jones, at least for the moment, is no longer the object of ridicule .... there is evidence his rebuilding program is working and they have the makings of a contender ... he is still using bailing wire, binder twine and duct tape to keep the team together but they have momentum and spirit ... If as and when Jones buys himself a real QB all that money they are paying him could be said to be worthwhile .... meanwhile we will be having something opposite a picnic  on Labour Day

On 8/26/2017 at 0:40 PM, Brandon said:

I wasn't aware that Ripper transforms into a giant peacock after the Riders fluke two wins in a row against the absolute worst performances by Jennings and Reilly in their career.   

Does he go into hibernation after a Riders team plays against decent qb'ing?

No kidding. I was reading through this thread thinking the exact same thing - Ripper has been incredibly tolerable for almost the entire time he's been here, then his team gets two wins and you'd think it's an entirely different poster.

It's going to be a good game. That much is probably about as much as I want to guarantee, but that being said ... god, Rider fans are so easy to dislike.

52 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The only way I can see the bjb and ldc going is a split. We should sweep, but its LD. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a split, but I wouldn't be too surprised with a Bomber sweep. A blow out by either team in either game or a Sask sweep would be surprising to me. No offense to Sask on being surprised on the sweep bit but the way things have gone for both teams in the recent past doesn't lend me to think Sask sweep as I still think they have too many question marks going into the games and recent history between the teams would say that a sweep by either team is not very likely.

4 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a split, but I wouldn't be too surprised with a Bomber sweep. A blow out by either team in either game or a Sask sweep would be surprising to me. No offense to Sask on being surprised on the sweep bit but the way things have gone for both teams in the recent past doesn't lend me to think Sask sweep as I still think they have too many question marks going into the games and recent history between the teams would say that a sweep by either team is not very likely.

I dont think our execution is where it needs to be nor our ability to keep the pedal to the metal. To sweep this series either one team needs to be worst in the league, or the other needs to be the best.  A split, especially if the lose is a little bitter could be great for pushing our team to the next level. 

The riders have scored 50+ and 40+ in their last two games. Its very, very uncommon to string such high scoring games back to back. While we have cruised along mostly at 30 ish points per game all season. Missing once, in our loss to calgary. That for the riders was with a lot of turn overs from the other teams. And i dont think their is much of a chance we repeat that pattern for them.  I think we win big in regina the lose a close shoot out the following week. Course i hope we win and stomp the riders in both games. 

Give me the consistency that the Bombers show any day of the week over the wild swings that the Riders have. 

You consistently get the same results you know what you have, you're like the Riders where one week you **** the bed and the next you light it up I don't care what the overall numbers say, you don't know what you're going to get. No 2 game bin win streak is going to change that. Do it for 4 or 5 games in a row then you got something. 

A Rider blowout could only occur if the Bomber offence fell apart completely and started giving the ball away, frankly I don't see it.  I actually hope the Bombers do not build up a 2 TD lead in the first half as the wheels inevitably fall off in those situations and they lose momentum far too frequently.  Keep it close, keep focused and they should sneak out of town with two points.

Riders are going to be pumped... I can't wait to watch carter and Roosevelt v randle and leggett

marshall v hurl worries me but I think Harris is better than muamba 

just please don't start eight cdns for no reason...

riders win in OT, bombers win next week - just the way it is