Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

18 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

2013 was frustrating, no doubt about that.  And in those circumstances, I could certainly understand why there would be a air of pessimism.  Having said that, I still went into every game expecting (hoping) for a win.  That was usually not the case by the 2nd quarter though.  I will point out one thing that is now significantly different:  it ain't 2013 anymore.

Exactly my point.... you called out people as "not real fans" if they didn't predict a Bombers win... we are all hoping the Bombers win every game but a minimal amount of CFL/football knowledge suggests that will not happen every game...

For example: I watched the Calgary game back in week 3 (was out of town so a rare missed home game for me) hoping and cheering for the Bombers... but I picked Calgary in both my pools b/c that was the smart bet... I would've been even happier to be wrong.... does that make me a bad fan?

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Exactly my point.... you called out people as "not real fans" if they didn't predict a Bombers win... we are all hoping the Bombers win every game but a minimal amount of CFL/football knowledge suggests that will not happen every game...

For example: I watched the Calgary game back in week 3 (was out of town so a rare missed home game for me) hoping and cheering for the Bombers... but I picked Calgary in both my pools b/c that was the smart bet... I would've been even happier to be wrong.... does that make me a bad fan?

Does betting on your team to lose so you can benefit from it, but at the same time saying you'd be happy to be wrong make you a good fan?  

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Does betting on your team to lose so you can benefit from it, but at the same time saying you'd be happy to be wrong make you a good fan?  

why not... I'm essentially saying that even if I lose money (which was technically not happening in this case) I'll still be happy that my team won...

I cheer for the Bombers EVERY GAME... and I am always happy when they win and pissed off when they lose... sometimes it's just smart to hedge your bets... bet with your brain, not your heart :D... I guess I don't meet your standards for fandom ;) 

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

why not... I'm essentially saying that even if I lose money (which was technically not happening in this case) I'll still be happy that my team won...

I cheer for the Bombers EVERY GAME... and I am always happy when they win and pissed off when they lose... sometimes it's just smart to hedge your bets... bet with your brain, not your heart :D... I guess I don't meet your standards for fandom ;) 

But that's the great thing, you don't have to!

15 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Reading comprehension for the win!  I said that I went into EACH GAME expecting to win.  Not win every game or make the playoffs.  Just the next game.  Ya, I knew that we might not, maybe even probably wouldn't but there was hope that we'd pull THIS ONE off.  I make no apologies for being a "glass half full" guy, just like you'll make no apologies for being a "cracked glass half empty but what's left isn't fit for human consumption" type of guy.  

Every Bomber fan goes into every game hoping the Bombers will win. You said you go in expecting to win, which means you don't even think about it.  The two words don't mean the same thing.

I'm neither a glass half empty nor a glass half full kind of guy. I'm a look at the two teams who are playing and actually think about who I think will win and why kind of fan.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Every Bomber fan goes into every game hoping the Bombers will win. You said you go in expecting to win, which means you don't even think about it.  The two words don't mean the same thing.

I'm neither a glass half empty nor a glass half full kind of guy. I'm a look at the two teams who are playing and actually think about who I think will win and why kind of fan.

Interesting that you would purport to know what I do or don't think about.  I'm thinking that we've gone as far as we need to in this conversation. 

On 8/27/2017 at 7:00 PM, 17to85 said:

Riders aren't committed enough to stick to the run game so I wouldn't even worry about that. They pass and pass and then pass some more. 

that and its not Hurl versus Marshall (or any RB) for the billionth time..  thats not how Richie sets up his defense.   Its more so Marshall versus Knox or a DB.  (DB part frightens me a bit yes unless that DB is Heath or Randle)

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I know we've seen a lot of the half-empty side of the cup around here..   half-full, not so much.

What's up with the Banjo Bowl selling out before the Labour Day Classic?

Tickets haven’t sold out for the 2017 Labour Day Classic between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.   http://www.cjme.com/2017/08/29/tickets-to-labour-day-classic-still-available/

I don't want to hear anymore crap from that fan base about their great support.

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Tickets haven’t sold out for the 2017 Labour Day Classic between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.   http://www.cjme.com/2017/08/29/tickets-to-labour-day-classic-still-available/

C'mon, you haven't predicted the response already....

"The Sask fans have bought 10,000+ tickets for the Banjo Bowl, meanwhile we have generously set aside 2000 tickets at the historic and truly one of a kind new Mosiac Stadium for Bomber fans who have failed to purchase them. That is all that is holding back a sell out right now" - Riderfans, probably 

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Someone at RF.com said the other day that if we host a home playoff game they hope it's not a cold day as half of our fans won't show up to the game and would rather watch on TV...... Ummmmm 2011 was brutally cold and it was a sell out. I can guarantee that if the Bombers host a playoff it will be a sell out no matter what the temperature is....book it.

This coming from the fan base who couldn't sell out a home playoff game a few years back.

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Someone at RF.com said the other day that if we host a home playoff game they hope it's not a cold day as half of our fans won't show up to the game and would rather watch on TV...... Ummmmm 2011 was brutally cold and it was a sell out. I can guarantee that if the Bombers host a playoff it will be a sell out no matter what the temperature is....book it.

This coming from the fan base who couldn't sell out a home playoff game a few years back.

Ummmmmmmmm........didn't we have like 21k at that game......?

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Good luck with that!! :lol:

You should be okay if you avoid any and all references to the CFL now or in the future. ;)

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ummmmmmmmm........didn't we have like 21k at that game......?

Wikipedia says 30,050.   I think that can be attributed to 2011 season was supposed to be the last at Canad Inns.  This should have been the last game - with Chris Garret scoring a late TD to cap a 19-3 defensive win.  Of course, we were at Winnipeg Stadium for another season.  2011 was also notable as we broke our season ticket sales record with over 21K. 

That said, in my lifetime anyway, Bomber home playoff games have never been huge sellers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_season

Edited by Jimmy Pop
forgot sauce

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

Wikipedia says 30,050.   I think that can be attributed to 2011 season was supposed to be the last at Canad Inns.  This should have been the last game - with Chris Garret scoring a late TD to cap a 19-3 defensive win.  Of course, we were at Winnipeg Stadium for another season.  2011 was also notable as we broke our season ticket sales record with over 21K. 

That said, in my lifetime anyway, Bomber home playoff games have never been huge sellers. 

This is correct. :)