Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.

You know you have a great point and is probably the reason MOS will never be a good HC he just doesn't have enough expertise or experience on ethier side of the ball to lean on in times of trouble.He desperately needs good experienced coordinators to be able to run a team.If they promote Buck with his limited experience it's just going to clearly show this limitation.

Well....he certainly got off to a roaring start with MB, Tracy.....and Etch.

This, for me is the most troubling aspect of O'Shea's tenure here- his inability to pick talent in both subordinates and players, It seems to even his in/ability to turf or bench people when it it clear that they are not good enough or a poor fit. I fear that we are in for of the same in 2016.

I can't believe there are actually people on this site that can't see that Drew Willy is an elite QB in this league....

What is elite in a 9 team league? Top 3? Top 5? He is neither of those...
I disagree.

Collaros was the hottest QB in the league before he got hurt and in my mind is #1, and Burris had a great season this year so that puts him at #2. (Of course Burris is just as likely to crash and burn next year like he did last year.)

That leaves Mitchell, Harris, Reilly and Durant in the 2nd tier of QBs. (And possibly Jennings from BC? I did not see enough of him to say.) Willy is easily in their league. If you put any of those guys on the Bombers offence this year what do you think would’ve happened?

Statistically speaking, if you extrapolate Willy’s numbers for an 18 game season he is right up there in the top 5 QBs. He would have had approx. 4100 yards, 24 TDs, 9 int., With a QBR of approx. 100. And that's with Bellfool as OC.

You missed Ray. And I don't play the "if he had stayed healthy, he would have had..." game.
That’s okay that you don’t play that game, but if you want to compare QBs and rank them, you kind of have to. I understand that every QB could add numbers to their totals in this way, but there is really no other way to compare.

Ricky Ray in his prime was elite and I would have wanted him over anyone out there.

He is no longer in his prime though. Going into next season he will be 37 years old and on the down side of his career.

At this point in their careers, I would stick with Willy.

It is my opinion that with a competent oline and a competent OC, Willy has the tools to be a top 3 QB.

Fair enough but he hasn't shown that yet. Hell we chose Willy over Burris because Burris was on the downside of his career and now Burris just had one of the best years of his career and very well may win the Grey Cup. Now we're saying the same thing about Ray. Hmmm something about not learning from our mistakes....

Yes he has. When we is healthy is near the top or the top in all stats. He hasn't done it over an entire season due to injury. But when he's in there, he's one of the best.

If a guy is never healthy can you really make that argument? I'm assuming you are counting the last half of last season as him not being healthy because his numbers were certainly not top of the league. In fact his numbers over the past two seasons have been eerily similar to Buck's first two seasons with the Bombers (chronologically reversed). Another guy who people liked to play the "when he's healhy he's great" game with.

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.

You know you have a great point and is probably the reason MOS will never be a good HC he just doesn't have enough expertise or experience on ethier side of the ball to lean on in times of trouble.He desperately needs good experienced coordinators to be able to run a team.If they promote Buck with his limited experience it's just going to clearly show this limitation.

Well....he certainly got off to a roaring start with MB, Tracy.....and Etch.

I don't get the hole "he doesn't have enough experience" BS. The guy was a starting MLB for how many years in this league? He knows how a Defence works and how it should work. Saying he doesn't is flat out wrong. He's got plenty of experience on that side of the ball, even if it isn't as a coach.

Well...some of you definitely don't want an OC with no experience, but a good coordinator can be someone

with little experience in that roll, but a very good football mind in another capacity.

Just for sh..its and giggles and to keep this monstrous thread going...

Personally I like former QB's

Damon Allen (runs a QB school)
Milt Stegall
jeff garcia  (presently an ass't coord in the NFL)
Danny Mcmanus
Ryan Dinwiddie
Kahari Jones
I'm leaving Buck out

have at it....

Well...some of you definitely don't want an OC with no experience, but a good coordinator can be someone

with little experience in that roll, but a very good football mind in another capacity.

Just for sh..its and giggles and to keep this monstrous thread going...

Personally I like former QB's

Damon Allen (runs a QB school)
Milt Stegall
jeff garcia  (presently an ass't coord in the NFL)
Danny Mcmanus
Ryan Dinwiddie
Kahari Jones
I'm leaving Buck out

have at it....

Milt already said he was in for the OC position....just had a few demands. 2 days working from home (atlanta) and everyone wears #85 on O. I think we can make it work

Jesus Christ, Lapo? Really? Do you people forget how terrible the O was when he was head coach here before? And when he was here in 2002 I am pretty sure that I coulda called a good offence with Stegall, Roberts, Sellers, Bruce and Khari at my disposal. Just say no to Lapolice. So over rated.

This times a million!! Why would we bring back a retread who failed miserably last time he was here. Mike Kelly would be a better option then him!

Jesus Christ, Lapo? Really? Do you people forget how terrible the O was when he was head coach here before? And when he was here in 2002 I am pretty sure that I coulda called a good offence with Stegall, Roberts, Sellers, Bruce and Khari at my disposal. Just say no to Lapolice. So over rated.

This times a million!! Why would we bring back a retread who failed miserably last time he was here. Mike Kelly would be a better option then him!

x 2 million, now if you had said Doug Berry for o-line coach I would have been all over that (fat kid on smartie sort of thing).

Chapdelaine is a name I could get behind if the Riders move on from him. He satisfies the desire for experience and he's run some good attacks in the past. 

I think it's all a moo point anyway because chances are it'll be Khari because of his connections here.

Moo point! Moo!

Mike Kelly as coach, Lapo as OC, bring back Etch as DC.

to take the discussion on a completely different tack, a few games ago, Chris Walby was holding forth on how bad the Bomber offense was and the discussion turned to who might replace Bellefeuille. Walby opined that the smartest football person and  best offensive mind he had ever seen was....wait for it.......Danny McManus.

Walby said he could not understand why Danny Mac was not at least an offensive coach somewhere in the CFL.

to take the discussion on a completely different tack, a few games ago, Chris Walby was holding forth on how bad the Bomber offense was and the discussion turned to who might replace Bellefeuille. Walby opined that the smartest football person and  best offensive mind he had ever seen was....wait for it.......Danny McManus.

Walby said he could not understand why Danny Mac was not at least an offensive coach somewhere in the CFL.

Great players don't always make great coaches. Different sport but look at Wayne Gretzky. Arguably the best hockey mind ever as a player, not a good coach at all. Those that can do, those that can't teach. 

to take the discussion on a completely different tack, a few games ago, Chris Walby was holding forth on how bad the Bomber offense was and the discussion turned to who might replace Bellefeuille. Walby opined that the smartest football person and best offensive mind he had ever seen was....wait for it.......Danny McManus.

I think the simplest answer is that he doesn't want to coach.

Argh if Walby thinks positively about someone then stay away. It took Walby three years to figure out he was washed up and in that time he was quite good at passing blame onto other teammates. He was a good player but he is no football analyst and far too old school in his football ways/thinking.

Great players don't always make great coaches. Different sport but look at Wayne Gretzky. Arguably the best hockey mind ever as a player, not a good coach at all. Those that can do, those that can't teach. 

I think Milt echoed similar sentiments when asked if he'd consider getting into coaching as he was hangin em up. He said he wouldnt make a good coach because what he asked of himself was unrealistic to ask as a coach or something like that.  but he landed that panel job pretty quick and seems like hes getting better n having fun with it anyways