Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

Jesus Christ, Lapo? Really? Do you people forget how terrible the O was when he was head coach here before? And when he was here in 2002 I am pretty sure that I coulda called a good offence with Stegall, Roberts, Sellers, Bruce and Khari at my disposal. Just say no to Lapolice. So over rated.

Reasons his offense was terrible:

1. Joey Elliot

2. Alex Brink

3. Steven Jyles (was actually moderately effective for only time in his career under Lapo)

4. Broken down Buck Pierce

In 2011 didn't bucks play in most games? Our offensive was horrible then too.

like Lawless just tweeted... I've been calling to get LaPo back on board for 2 years..... I'm sure he'd come back with the "off the record" understanding that O'Shea would be on a short leash, and he'd move to HC should the club stumble out of the gate next season.

And if Walters/Miller think that would make O'Shea nervous about his job and create conflict.... well then O'Shea doesn't have the confidence to be a HC anyways...  that's my opinion!

LaPolice had one good year as OC in 2002 when Khari Jones was on fire. And then he failed dismally when Khari couldn't stay upright, and was finally fired. Lapo also was terrible as HC: he was 4-14 in his first year here as HC and in the second year (2011) when Bombers backed into the Grey Cup, it was on the strength of the defence. It was LaPolice who brought in Gary Crowton as OC, remember that stellar judgment call? I was surprised it took Joe Mack half way through the terrible 2012 season to fire that charlatan. He should've been canned at the end of 2011. Please, lets go forward, not back.

So are we at all concerned that Brady is just a coat tail rider? I mean working under coaches like Milanovich and with qbs like Calvillo and Ray is pretty ******* easy no?

Plot twist....Milonovich is fired and Brady bumped to head coach and suddenly SM becomes available :D

Let's be honest, the  potential OC  very well could be the next HC in case O'shea flutters.  WOuld anybody prefer the next potential HC be Lapolice, Brady, or Khari?

I dont think it will be exclusive to the OC only. Hall and whoever the ST coach will be hired has the potential to be the interim HC if O'Shea falters.

It's doesnt mean the Bombers (if they're interested) will offer Lapo they OC/Ass HC... will offer the same title to other candidates.

My money would be on Marcus Brady.

Be careful what you wish for. Brady is just an extension of Milanovich (not to mention how conservative that offenses is at times). Similar to Condell and Austin in Hamilton.

Why would he want to leave Toronto to come here?  Other then a butt load of money of course.

The only thing i can think of, would be to get out of Milanovich's shadow.

The only way we'd get Brady is if it was in a HC capacity.... we can't even get the right to talk to him if the move is lateral (OC to become OC).  I believe it has to be a promotion in role to even be able to talk to a coach under contract...

Actually if you name Brady OC and asst HC it would work. that's how Toronto was able to get Himebauch from Edmonton. He's the Offensive line coach and Assistant Head Coach in Toronto now.

I had heard from a little birdy that Buck Pierce was calling the last half of each of the last few games and possibly had called all of the last game against Toronto.  Just speculation but he could be our next OC...... 

This is coming from someone who works with the Bombers so take it as you will.

While I love the idea of Buck becoming an OC in the CFL one day, I'd rather he take the slow and steady approach, nothing wrong with developing coaching talent. I look at Calvillo in Montreal, who has moved up to OC at an alarming rate and IMO that's not a good thing.

Chapdelaine, LaPolice, Brady or Jackson for me.

Chaps could be available depending on what happens in Riderville, Lapo has made it known that it's Head coach or bust. Brady and/or Jackson can be had one would think.

This wont be popular but just want to say one thing.  Those people who have had the opportunity to spend time with Marcel will attest that he was always a gentleman and a really great guy to be around.  Very humble and kind.  I had met him in passing a couple of times and then quite some time later met him again at a house party and he walked right up to me and said "we've met before" but couldnt remember the details.  He and his wife are good people.  Wish them the best.

What about a guy like Tommy Condell?  Could we steal him from the TiCats?

Condell follows Austin wherever he is. Cant see him leaving the Ti-Cats.

Actually, Brady kinda the same thing with Millanovich.

Condell isn't that young and his chances of getting Austin's job anytime soon are slim.  He's definitely worth an inquiry.  He was a ST for Wpg. in '97 so he obviously knows and loves the city and all of it's fans.

Plot twist....Milonovich is fired and Brady bumped to head coach and suddenly SM becomes available :D

Not likely, Milanovich just signed a 3 year extension along with Jim Barker. If Brady were to leave, Himebauch would most likely become the OC in Toronto.

Would Lapo consider Winnipeg moreso than other teams due to "unfinished business"?  Or would his time here sour him more than other teams.  If he doesnt get a HC gig, he has to jump back into the water somewhere and if he comes here he's either the HC in waiting or part of a success story which makes him even more likely to be everyones first choice as HC of another team down the road.

It doesn't matter who they bring in as next OC - they are doomed to fail.

When you look at the chain of command: Miller, Walters O'Shea - their CFL experience is all ST and D - not an offensive mind among them.

Is it any wonder Bombers have seen the worst offensive production in the league since this regime took over?

Sure, OK, we've got Danny McManus in the group, and it was on his advice Bombers acquired Brian Brohm from Hamilton.

Now I happen to think Brian Brohm isn't nearly as bad as everybody says, but regardless we need to use this opportunity to find absolutely the right person in this critical OC job. Especially since whoever comes in here has got no real offensive expertise/coaching back-up since the rest of the senior coaching/management draws their experience from ST and D.

What really has me really worried is O'Shea's flat out declaration today that 'we feel we have a franchise QB' in Drew Willy.

That means he's already locking the next OC into using an immobile, slow-read, slow release, drop-back packet passer on one leg.

That tells me MOS still knows nothing about what really works or doesn't in a CFL offence and he hasn't learned anything either.

Sorry, but this is a recipe for more futility and failure in 2016.

What about a guy like Tommy Condell?  Could we steal him from the TiCats?

Condell follows Austin wherever he is. Cant see him leaving the Ti-Cats.

Actually, Brady kinda the same thing with Millanovich.

Condell isn't that young and his chances of getting Austin's job anytime soon are slim.  He's definitely worth an inquiry.  He was a ST for Wpg. in '97 so he obviously knows and loves the city and all of it's fans.

The question is if he has the aspiration to be a HC or is he content to be an OC. If it's the latter, what's the point in leaving his comfort zone in the Ticats OC?

It doesn't matter who they bring in as next OC - they are doomed to fail.

When you look at the chain of command: Miller, Walters O'Shea - their CFL experience is all ST and D - not an offensive mind among them.

Is it any wonder Bombers have seen the worst offensive production in the league since this regime took over?

Sure, OK, we've got Danny McManus in the group, and it was on his advice Bombers acquired Brian Brohm from Hamilton.

Now I happen to think Brian Brohm isn't nearly as bad as everybody says, but regardless we need to use this opportunity to find absolutely the right person in this critical OC job. Especially since whoever comes in here has got no real offensive expertise/coaching back-up since the rest of the senior coaching/management draws their experience from ST and D.

What really has me really worried is O'Shea's flat out declaration today that 'we feel we have a franchise QB' in Drew Willy.

That means he's already locking the next OC into using an immobile, slow-read, slow release, drop-back packet passer on one leg.

That tells me MOS still knows nothing about what really works or doesn't in a CFL offence and he hasn't learned anything either.

Sorry, but this is a recipe for more futility and failure in 2016.

Is Wally Buono been an Offensive coach? I can't understand what's the bearing of that. That's why you hire an Offensive coach and assistants.