Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

Please no Lapo. Brady would be a boon, as would be Jackson. Lapo is such a bombers hire. We've seen what he can do.

Totally agree with this.

Remember why we fired him in the first place.

Yeah, Mack fired him after 7 injuries to some major players, especially on the Oline.  Then they finally started to trickle back in and things were starting to look up again and Mack threw him under the bus.

That being said, I'm not saying I wanted Lapo here, but the dude got a bum wrap.  Just like a few of our other coaches in the past that produced.

As for Khari, I think he's better then MB, but he's still not that great.  Not yet anyway.  But I'd love to have him here in Winnipeg as QB Coach for sure.

I'd love Brady, but I just don't know if he'd leave Toronto for Winnipeg unless we were to give him lots of moolah.  I could say the same about Condell, not sure if his contract is up yet though.

Not sure why anyone would want Khari Jones.

Would rathe have Lapo than Khari AINEC.

Khari Jones, other than being a name brand in Winnipeg, is not a reasonable candidate. I mean ... how bad is it going to look if we can Bellefeuille and replace him with a guy he showed the ropes to? Khari was first hired into the CFL coaching ranks by Bellefeuille. His offense is run like Bellefeuilles. Pass.

it's dishonest to suggest that Khari is just a mini Bellefool.

It's also dishonest to suggest he's done anything as a coach that warrants giving him this job. I'll be pretty disappointed if he's the best we can do.

for all those who were 

5DA.gif

you can now 

zqYpB.gif

best post of the season?

I had heard from a little birdy that Buck Pierce was calling the last half of each of the last few games and possibly had called all of the last game against Toronto.  Just speculation but he could be our next OC...... 

This is coming from someone who works with the Bombers so take it as you will.

I'm sceptical of this rumour... not that I don't believe you know a guy... but I don't understand the logic...  why would MB stick around if he knew they were training someone else?... why wouldn't the team just fire MB several weeks ago and let Buck and/or Howell give it a whirl right away?

Jesus Christ, Lapo? Really? Do you people forget how terrible the O was when he was head coach here before? And when he was here in 2002 I am pretty sure that I coulda called a good offence with Stegall, Roberts, Sellers, Bruce and Khari at my disposal. Just say no to Lapolice. So over rated. 

Reasons his offense was terrible:

1. Joey Elliot

2. Alex Brink

3. Steven Jyles (was actually moderately effective for only time in his career under Lapo)

4. Broken down Buck Pierce

Not sure why anyone would want Khari Jones.

Would rathe have Lapo than Khari AINEC.

Khari Jones, other than being a name brand in Winnipeg, is not a reasonable candidate. I mean ... how bad is it going to look if we can Bellefeuille and replace him with a guy he showed the ropes to? Khari was first hired into the CFL coaching ranks by Bellefeuille. His offense is run like Bellefeuilles. Pass.

it's dishonest to suggest that Khari is just a mini Bellefool.

It's also dishonest to suggest he's done anything as a coach that warrants giving him this job. I'll be pretty disappointed if he's the best we can do.

Well he's been on some good staffs recently working under some good offensive coordinators... I think most of the negative thoughts about him as OC come from his time in Hamilton but come on, he was working under mr. average at best Marcel Bellefeuille with Mr. Average Kevin Glenn as his quarterback. Are we surprised the results there were average? That was quite a few seasons ago too. He worked with Drew Willy in Sask did he not? Perhaps that should be a check in his favour since Willy developed nicely? 

I ain't saying he is a slam dunk and yes I am a self admitted Khari fanboi, but the guy has put in the time as a positional coach sooner or later he's going to get another chance running an offence. 

Jesus Christ, Lapo? Really? Do you people forget how terrible the O was when he was head coach here before? And when he was here in 2002 I am pretty sure that I coulda called a good offence with Stegall, Roberts, Sellers, Bruce and Khari at my disposal. Just say no to Lapolice. So over rated. 

1. Joey Elliot

2. Alex Brink

3. Steven Jyles (was actually moderately effective for only time in his career under Lapo)

This team has already fired Lapo twice because the offense wasn't good enough, I'd rather not give him a third try. 

1. Joey Elliot

2. Alex Brink

This team has already fired Lapo twice because the offense wasn't good enough, I'd rather not give him a third try. 

It's most likely a moo point anyways. I can't see him coming here even if we wanted him.

Did anyone even remotely think of Marcus Brady as an option before Mike mentioned it? Now that's the de facto #1 choice? Hmmm. Dunno about that one. But I'm curious to see what all is out there. Could be some wheelin' and dealin' during GC Week.

Most people, self included, didn't think he would even be available.

Is it possible the mess on offence wasn't just Marcel's doing?

If the quarterback doesn't have even two seconds before he's jumped on, what difference does it make what play is called? Shouldn't at team with a decent O line be able to run up the middle

at least once in a while? Edmonton seems to do it all the time to good effect.

He's somewhat a scape goat, to buy themselves some credibility.

I'm skeptical that anyone better will come here. There's more wrong with this team than Marcel.

guess we'll see.

If the quarterback doesn't have even two seconds before he's jumped on, what difference does it make what play is called? Shouldn't at team with a decent O line be able to run up the middle

I'm skeptical that anyone better will come here. There's more wrong with this team than Marcel.

guess we'll see.

Marcel has himself a long track record in the CFL and it's not that pretty. Mediocre at best and consider this, when he was OC in Montreal people thought Calvillo was washed up because he was taking an awful lot of sacks... Marcel gets canned and Montreal is giving up less sacks and Calvillo goes on to have several more highly productive years. Bellefeuille is not a good offensive coordinator and yes there is likely more wrong than just him, but he's a big problem and probably the biggest problem. 

guess we'll see.

Marcel has himself a long track record in the CFL and it's not that pretty. Mediocre at best and consider this, when he was OC in Montreal people thought Calvillo was washed up because he was taking an awful lot of sacks... Marcel gets canned and Montreal is giving up less sacks and Calvillo goes on to have several more highly productive years. Bellefeuille is not a good offensive coordinator and yes there is likely more wrong than just him, but he's a big problem and probably the biggest problem.

Yup, I would give Marcel the benefit if it wasn't for the fact his entire career has played out like this. He's had all star olines and made them look bad, he's had legendary qbs and made them look bad. Etc etc etc. Marcel undoubtedly was the biggest (not the only) problem with this team.

Two words that couldn't mean more...given the situation:

Bellefeuille sacked!

How appropriate.

do we add it to the total sacks given up this year by the offence?

I feel sorry for Marcel, and hope he does well.

In his life going forward? Sure.... as a football coach? I'm not sure that's possible...

guess we'll see.

Just to be sure they get rid of all possible causes I would be happy if Bob Wylie also shuffled off into the sunset along with his assistant.

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.