Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

Better choices would be Brady, Condell, Cortez

Guys who have jobs that they're not likely to leave for a lateral move. Why not just wish for Austin or Hufnagel while we've got our heads in the clouds? 

Guys who have jobs because other teams want them. That makes them more, not less desirable. It would cost more than picking from the coaches the other teams don't want but that money doesn't come out of the SMS so who cares and they're much more likely to be useful right off the bat.

There's lots of reasons one or more might want to take our OC job:

• Might want to coach where it matters instead of Toronto where they get maybe 10K out to a game.
  • Might want to get out from the shadow of their HC to prove that's not the reason they're good at what they do.
  • Might want to get a direct shot at being an HC sooner than waiting behind their current HC's. They might be able to do that by mid-season next year.
  • Might want more money than they are currently making.
  • Might want to have the Assistant HC title for their resume and O'Shea said he's OK with that.

Why not Austin or Hufnagel? Sure if we were replacing O'Shea and Walters, but unfortunately that's not happening.

Can we put you down for 5000 season tickets?

Wow...that list is...a bunch of crap.

Dyce would be the only person I'd want here, but as a STC.  And Khari as a QB coach.  Big hell no to Howell and Pierce.  I hope they don't go that route as we don't need more rookie coaches right now taking command.  I'd rather have LaPo then Howell or Pierce, and that's not saying much.

I'm hoping there's more on that list, but they just aren't saying much yet because the other teams are still playing.

What a load of crap.  How do you uncover new coaches if you don't even give them a chance.  If they deserve it of course.  If everyone thought like you than we wouldn't have up an coming coaching talent like Jason Maas, Dave Dickenson or Marcus Brady.  The same can be said for current coaches like John Hufnagel and Kent Austin.  

If Buck Pierce has the right aptitude and smarts.  Why not?  Same goes for Marcus Howell.  A guy like Pierce has worked one on one with many different OC's over his college and pro career.  I'm sure he's picked something up over  those years. 

Let me fill some of that air in between your ears instead of acting like you knew what I was saying.  Did I say that rookie coaches shouldn't get a chance?  No.  We'd run out of coaches if we didn't.  What I was trying to say was the BOMBERS don't need a rookie coaches right now.  You ***** about not getting a cup, yet you want to take the chance and give Pierce a shot.  No thanks.  I don't have the faith in him yet like you might, and I doubt he could do it.  But I'm not saying that someday he won't be ready.  If you haven't noticed, we haven't had a great deal of success in the last 10 years with rookie coaches taking the big roles.

All of you whining about giving Buck a shot.  If they did that, and he failed, all of you who said we should give him a chance would be the same people crying for him to get fired and "why did we ever hire him".  Have none of you learned anything from all the rookie QB's we've thrown into the fray that have failed?  You can't rush things, if you do, they'll more then likely blow up on you.  Give him time and let him learn from someone other then a crappy OC.

And no to Howell as well.  I still stand on the fact that we need a non-rookie at OC right now.

So you automatically would ignore all non experienced candidates?  Yet many here have hard ons for Marcus Brady or Jason Maas.   Weren't they rookie candidates when they took on their OC positions? 

I'm not on the hire "Buck" train. All I'm saying is if he was the best candidate. His lack of experience shouldn't preclude him from being a candidate for the job.  I want the Bombers to hire the next Marcus Brady or Jason Maas.  Not the next Bellefeuille or Lapolice.  

Also, why is it assume that Buck has learned everything he knows from Bellefeuille?  I'm going out on a limb that most QB's would develop their offensive philosophies and coaching techniques from past OC's that they played for.   

I think Mike Kellys labelling of Bomber fans as bipolar has been a defamation of character we havent been able to shake and might have cost us a few fragile ego'd coaches. a change in the cultures attitude is a must and it all starts on the message boards and the stands.  I blame Nate. 

Mike Kelly had the temperment and selfcontrol of an 8 yr old.   Who really cares what he thinks, now or ever.......

Osh is rookie enough for me, Id love an experienced coach who has had success to help him (which was the idea behind etch, MB and Hall, but there was a lot to be desired in each of their track records, especially the first 2. I honestly think a rookie OC would be the death blow to Osheas HC life as a bomber. having yet another guy trying to get his feet wet especially with a defensive minded HC would likely have too many risks of failing

Perhaps MB might have had an opportunity to learn from Buck. QBs see the game from a different perspective. They are constantly involved in game planning. Buck like some of the others has had an opportunity to work with a variety of others. Perhaps some good and some bad but all learning experiences.

unless you like the track record we have of paying coaches after we release them. Come join the bombers, get a year or 2 paid vacation

Miller won't do that with MOS. He'll earn every penny win or lose. I can't imagine the pressure that poor guy will be under next season. Ever worked at a job where you know that your firing is an inevitability? I have & it's a terrible situation.

Except his firing isn't inevitable. Seems to be the tiny detail missing from your theory. He wins, he stays.

So what record will O'Shea have to achieve next year to earn another contract?  9-9? 10-8? Surely it must be better then .500.

So are we of the belief that moving forward That management is going to have a coach go into next season in the final year of a contract? Not that I have any desire for him to have an extension. ( never mind still be the HC). I guess if there is a solution that any contract for 2017 be predicated on a minimum number of wins in 2016. I wouldn't even make it contingent on making the playoffs. Heaven forbid the team limps into the playoffs at 8-10 and an extension kicks in.

If it turns out to be Khari as OC with Buck as QB coach/Assistant OC, how do people feel?

Depends on who all was available. If that was our choice from options that included George Cortez, Dave Dickenson and Kent Austin.....I'd be disappointed. If that's our choice from a much more limited selection? I'll be good with it and have visions of 2002 mixed with 2010 offenses.....

unless you like the track record we have of paying coaches after we release them. Come join the bombers, get a year or 2 paid vacation

Miller won't do that with MOS. He'll earn every penny win or lose. I can't imagine the pressure that poor guy will be under next season. Ever worked at a job where you know that your firing is an inevitability? I have & it's a terrible situation.

Except his firing isn't inevitable. Seems to be the tiny detail missing from your theory. He wins, he stays.

So what record will O'Shea have to achieve next year to earn another contract?  9-9? 10-8? Surely it must be better then .500.

IMHO if they are not at least two games above .500 and showing tons more improvement in overall talent and depth then it should be the big boot for MOS, his crew and Walters. Polishing that boot right now because there is no way in heck this regime is going to be over .500.

Much better than .500. I'd say 11-7 for an automatic extension. Now, if he gets to 9-9, that doesn't mean he is let go, just that the decision is not set in stone beforehand. Anything less than 11-7 means his re-hiring is up for discussion.

Put the 11-7 in writing now.

So O'Shea's poor records of the last 2 years means he only needs close to .500 next year to get even more years as our HC? Way to keep bar low folks. I thought MO would need a playoff spot to keep his job this year. Turns out that the Bomber management thinks 5 wins was good enough so I have no idea how low they set the bar next year.

There's a good chance we would have been 9 - 9 if Willy was healthy this season.   Possibly even better than that. 

If wishes and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.  

Pretty much every team with the exception of Ottawa had their starter go down.  Look back over the last number of years.  In today's CFL, it is highly unlikely your starting QB is going to play all 18 games, so what is the point of even hypothesizing what would would happen if he were healthy.  Chances are Willy will miss a number of games next year too. 

Now perhaps the QB depth is a failing of Walters and the scouting staff, but I don't think losing a starting QB can be an excuse any more.  Every team has to deal with it.  

Guys who have jobs that they're not likely to leave for a lateral move. Why not just wish for Austin or Hufnagel while we've got our heads in the clouds? 

Guys who have jobs because other teams want them. That makes them more, not less desirable. It would cost more than picking from the coaches the other teams don't want but that money doesn't come out of the SMS so who cares and they're much more likely to be useful right off the bat.

• Might want to coach where it matters instead of Toronto where they get maybe 10K out to a game.
  • Might want to get out from the shadow of their HC to prove that's not the reason they're good at what they do.
  • Might want to get a direct shot at being an HC sooner than waiting behind their current HC's. They might be able to do that by mid-season next year.
  • Might want to have the Assistant HC title for their resume and O'Shea said he's OK with that.

Why not Austin or Hufnagel? Sure if we were replacing O'Shea and Walters, but unfortunately that's not happening.

And then come to Winning instead where we fire coaches like it's going out of style? Not great for the resume because a lot of coaches have had their reputations damaged coaching in Winnipeg for a variety of reasons. Even things like token assistant HC titles and more money aren't enough to lure people out of good situations. Be a realist here, would love leave a good stable environment to come to Winnipeg? Is that really the best career move for any of those guys? Better off correctly identifying an up and comer and hiring him. 

And then come to Winning instead where we fire coaches like it's going out of style? Not great for the resume because a lot of coaches have had their reputations damaged coaching in Winnipeg for a variety of reasons. Even things like token assistant HC titles and more money aren't enough to lure people out of good situations. Be a realist here, would love leave a good stable environment to come to Winnipeg? Is that really the best career move for any of those guys? Better off correctly identifying an up and comer and hiring him. 

Coaching contracts are paid out even when we fire them, so getting a 2 or 3 year contract means stability in an unstable career and I doubt anyone who has choices would take the job for less than a 2 year contract. 

Lots of coaches have failed in Winnipeg. That's why we fire them and that's what hurts their reputations. 

Being a realist, I gave you lots of reasons why good coaches would come to Winnipeg and we haven't correctly identified an up and comer in the last 25 or so years so what makes you think we will this time around?

Man I can't wait for 2016 ... the Bombers offence retooled under an experienced OC, MOS shines forth as the champion caliber coach we thought he was, exciting new additions brought in by Walters, renewed hope from the fans ... awwwwww forget it, I tried ;) I just can't pump up this franchise like prime rib anymore ... back to your regular feeding of crappy gruel ...

9-9 minimum

9-9 minimum after our past 2 dismal seasons.

IMHO if they are not at least two games above .500 and showing tons more improvement

Put the 11-7 in writing now.

So O'Shea's poor records of the last 2 years means he only needs close to .500 next year to get even more years as our HC? Way to keep bar low folks. I thought MO would need a playoff spot to keep his job this year. Turns out that the Bomber management thinks 5 wins was good enough so I have no idea how low they set the bar next year.

Not one single person said "close to .500"... every response before yours said minimum 9-9 or better... I agree we should be looking at 10-8 or 11-7... don't make stuff up to ridicule every poster on this forum...