Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

It doesn't matter who they bring in as next OC - they are doomed to fail.

When you look at the chain of command: Miller, Walters O'Shea - their CFL experience is all ST and D - not an offensive mind among them.

Is it any wonder Bombers have seen the worst offensive production in the league since this regime took over?

Sure, OK, we've got Danny McManus in the group, and it was on his advice Bombers acquired Brian Brohm from Hamilton.

Now I happen to think Brian Brohm isn't nearly as bad as everybody says, but regardless we need to use this opportunity to find absolutely the right person in this critical OC job. Especially since whoever comes in here has got no real offensive expertise/coaching back-up since the rest of the senior coaching/management draws their experience from ST and D.

What really has me really worried is O'Shea's flat out declaration today that 'we feel we have a franchise QB' in Drew Willy.

That means he's already locking the next OC into using an immobile, slow-read, slow release, drop-back packet passer on one leg.

That tells me MOS still knows nothing about what really works or doesn't in a CFL offence and he hasn't learned anything either.

Sorry, but this is a recipe for more futility and failure in 2016.

Is Wally Buono been an Offensive coach ?

Is O'Shea been Wally Buono?

Charlie Taaffe ( I know it would never happen)

What about Pete Costanza from Calgary?

Would rather hire George Costanza.

Forget that, I'd rather have the only person to score 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk high.

2de08a93b188a0a74437a4104330b769.jpg

When you look at the chain of command: Miller, Walters O'Shea - their CFL experience is all ST and D - not an offensive mind among them.

Is it any wonder Bombers have seen the worst offensive production in the league since this regime took over?

Sure, OK, we've got Danny McManus in the group, and it was on his advice Bombers acquired Brian Brohm from Hamilton.

Now I happen to think Brian Brohm isn't nearly as bad as everybody says, but regardless we need to use this opportunity to find absolutely the right person in this critical OC job. Especially since whoever comes in here has got no real offensive expertise/coaching back-up since the rest of the senior coaching/management draws their experience from ST and D.

What really has me really worried is O'Shea's flat out declaration today that 'we feel we have a franchise QB' in Drew Willy.

That means he's already locking the next OC into using an immobile, slow-read, slow release, drop-back packet passer on one leg.

That tells me MOS still knows nothing about what really works or doesn't in a CFL offence and he hasn't learned anything either.

I agree that O'Shea is not Buono and that's not the point I'm trying to make.

My point is it doesn't require a HC to be a former Offensive coach to have a very good offense.

He need to hire a very good Offensive Coordinator.

I dont have any history whatsoever, but who are Buono's OC and DC when he started HC'ing?

So you've forgotten how good Willy has been for us? And forgotten that Bellefeuille made Calvillo look like a slow release slow read drop back pocket passer too? Drew Willy absolutely can be the franchise guy for this team. 

@Project_legacy

No need to offer Brady the Asst HC title since his contract is up.

I am aware of that, was just pointing out that if you add another title to a coach, it's not considered a lateral move.

BTW you guys can have him, I can't stand Brady and Milanovich's offense.

Slow read/slow release - but put up numbers that rivalled the best in the league until Defenses were able to que in on our Offence and our OC refused to adapt. And if you can't see that Willy could be mobile if needed I'm not sure what you're watching. Not to mention that the most successful QB in the history of Football (passing yards anyway) was a drop back pocket passer. Who needs one of those.

My point is it doesn't require a HC to be a former Offensive coach to have a very good offense.

I dont have any history whatsoever, but who are Buono's OC and DC when he started HC'ing?

And my point is that MOS may not be the best judge of quarterbacks. But he is already telling the next OC that Willy is the starter. Yikes. 

And my point is that MOS may not be the best judge of quarterbacks. But he is already telling the next OC that Willy is the starter. Yikes. 

So if it's not Willy, who should be the starting QB? Brohm? Davis? Bennett?

I am no coach, but I think everyone will agree that the defacto starting QB (because of his experience) will be Willy until those 3 or any new QB that will be brought in will prove it otherwise.

Pass on Lapo ..... couldn't stand his play calling & schemes when he was here  .... Vanilla City

Chapdelaine Benevides : disrespect from players

Pry Calvillo loose from Montreal

Calvillo is under contract and it's waste of time to try him leave the Als organization.

He will be the HC there in 2 or 3 yrs time.

I don't think there is doubt in anybody's mind, including our next OC, that Willy is our starting QB. (well, maybe in your mind)

I would hope the next OC isn't as closed minded about the QB position as you are. I'll give Drew Willy credit for his unbelievable toughness. But he hasn't played enough to prove he is worth $400k. Which is a problem for Winnipeg going forward. It means they have to allow a big percentage of the cap for QB if they want any real competition at the QB position. For example, let's say Harris or Ray is available. One of those guys could easily come in and beat Willy for the job. But they won't be cheap. (Assuming Wpg wants another pocket passer). 

I don't think there is doubt in anybody's mind, including our next OC, that Willy is our starting QB. (well, maybe in your mind)

I would hope the next OC isn't as closed minded about the QB position as you are. I'll give Drew Willy credit for his unbelievable toughness. But he hasn't played enough to prove he is worth $400k. Which is a problem for Winnipeg going forward. It means they have to allow a big percentage of the cap for QB if they want any real competition at the QB position. For example, let's say Harris or Ray is available. One of those guys could easily come in and beat Willy for the job. But they won't be cheap. (Assuming Wpg wants another pocket passer). 

How do we know they could? Did Harris do anything Willy isn't capable of? Has Ray been healthy enough to give out the big contract to? You are severely under rating Drew Willy here and I don't understand why. Watch the guy play and you see a guy in total control. He makes good decisions he can make all the throws you need. Give him an offense that doesn't handicap a qb and watch him put up some damned good numbers. You are falling into the grass is greener trap bigtime here. 

So you've forgotten how good Willy has been for us? And forgotten that Bellefeuille made Calvillo look like a slow release slow read drop back pocket passer too? Drew Willy absolutely can be the franchise guy for this team. 

Willy has shown incredible toughness at times. But I can think of only one or two games when I thought 'Wow - Drew Willy played great and won that game for us." Mostly he's been unable to muster the O when it counts. His lack of success can't be pinned entirely on Bellefeuille though. While it is time for the Bombers to part ways with Marcel, they should have done so last year. Going forward, I worry about cap space and the QB position and whether we can recruit real competition for the #1 QB job when we are committed to paying Willy $400k. It seems ridiculous that MOS would hamstring the incoming OC by declaring Willy the starter since we don't even know if he'll pass the physical come TC 2016.

Willy has shown incredible toughness at times. But I can think of only one or two games when I thought 'Wow - Drew Willy played great and won that game for us." Mostly he's been unable to muster the O when it counts. His lack of success can't be pinned entirely on Bellefeuille though. While it is time for the Bombers to part ways with Marcel, they should have done so last year. Going forward, I worry about cap space and the QB position and whether we can recruit real competition for the #1 QB job when we are committed to paying Willy $400k. It seems ridiculous that MOS would hamstring the incoming OC by declaring Willy the starter since we don't even know if he'll pass the physical come TC 2016.

MOS is the head coach.  And while I realized defense / ST is his background, and he would take any input from an OC, but the final decision on roster management, including starting QBs, is his.  The buck stops with him.

What about a guy like Tommy Condell?  Could we steal him from the TiCats?

Condell follows Austin wherever he is. Cant see him leaving the Ti-Cats.

Besides Hamilton and Cornell, where else have Condell and Austin worked together?

Please no Lapo. Brady would be a boon, as would be Jackson. Lapo is such a bombers hire. We've seen what he can do.

In fairness though, the last time he was here he is wearing 2 hats... HC and OC... He's no HC material back then... but he is a very good OC.

Lapo wore 2 hats because he wouldn't let his OCs wear one. He threw Barresi (who was not given a legit opportunity to be the OC) under the bus. Then he refused to hire an OC with CFL experience so he could keep control of the offence.