Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

I don't think there is doubt in anybody's mind, including our next OC, that Willy is our starting QB. (well, maybe in your mind)

I would hope the next OC isn't as closed minded about the QB position as you are. I'll give Drew Willy credit for his unbelievable toughness. But he hasn't played enough to prove he is worth $400k. Which is a problem for Winnipeg going forward. It means they have to allow a big percentage of the cap for QB if they want any real competition at the QB position. For example, let's say Harris or Ray is available. One of those guys could easily come in and beat Willy for the job. But they won't be cheap. (Assuming Wpg wants another pocket passer).

Just who has the closed mind though?

I'm not worried what we have to pay for a franchise QB. And that's what Willy will be. And I want it to be here, on a new start with a capable OC. Willy would have got us into the playoffs this year...with Bellefeuille as OC. He has already looked like a starter as a QB...with Bellefeuille as OC.

The shackles have been removed. Let's see what Willy can do now.

As far as Harris goes, well he won't "goes" anywhere. And I like him, but he did hit his wall too, and looked quite average of late. They will keep him.

Ray is Ray. Very capable of winning..just not with us. We can't put all our chips on that play.

I can't believe there are actually people on this site that can't see that Drew Willy is an elite QB in this league....

What is elite in a 9 team league? Top 3? Top 5? He is neither of those...

I disagree.

Collaros was the hottest QB in the league before he got hurt and in my mind is #1, and Burris had a great season this year so that puts him at #2.  (Of course Burris is just as likely to crash and burn next year like he did last year.)

That leaves Mitchell, Harris, Reilly and Durant in the 2nd tier of QBs. (And possibly Jennings from BC? I did not see enough of him to say.)  Willy is easily in their league.  If you put any of those guys on the Bombers offence this year what do you think would’ve happened?  

Statistically speaking, if you extrapolate Willy’s numbers for an 18 game season he is right up there in the top 5 QBs.  He would have had approx. 4100 yards, 24 TDs, 9 int., With a QBR of approx. 100. And that's with Bellfool as OC.

I can't believe there are actually people on this site that can't see that Drew Willy is an elite QB in this league....

I disagree.

Collaros was the hottest QB in the league before he got hurt and in my mind is #1, and Burris had a great season this year so that puts him at #2. (Of course Burris is just as likely to crash and burn next year like he did last year.)

That leaves Mitchell, Harris, Reilly and Durant in the 2nd tier of QBs. (And possibly Jennings from BC? I did not see enough of him to say.) Willy is easily in their league. If you put any of those guys on the Bombers offence this year what do you think would’ve happened?

Statistically speaking, if you extrapolate Willy’s numbers for an 18 game season he is right up there in the top 5 QBs. He would have had approx. 4100 yards, 24 TDs, 9 int., With a QBR of approx. 100. And that's with Bellfool as OC.

You missed Ray. And I don't play the "if he had stayed healthy, he would have had..." game.

Why not? When Willy was healthy last year he lead the league in yards till he had to play hurt... just watching the guy play you can tell he's special. Super accurate with just the right touch on the ball.

I think he's right up there with Harris and Mitchell. Only guy who's clearly better is Collaros.

Wait till he has an OC. You will see

I disagree.

Collaros was the hottest QB in the league before he got hurt and in my mind is #1, and Burris had a great season this year so that puts him at #2. (Of course Burris is just as likely to crash and burn next year like he did last year.)

That leaves Mitchell, Harris, Reilly and Durant in the 2nd tier of QBs. (And possibly Jennings from BC? I did not see enough of him to say.) Willy is easily in their league. If you put any of those guys on the Bombers offence this year what do you think would’ve happened?

Statistically speaking, if you extrapolate Willy’s numbers for an 18 game season he is right up there in the top 5 QBs. He would have had approx. 4100 yards, 24 TDs, 9 int., With a QBR of approx. 100. And that's with Bellfool as OC.

You missed Ray. And I don't play the "if he had stayed healthy, he would have had..." game.

That’s okay that you don’t play that game, but if you want to compare QBs and rank them, you kind of have to. I understand that every QB could add numbers to their totals in this way, but there is really no other way to compare.

Ricky Ray in his prime was elite and I would have wanted him over anyone out there.

He is no longer in his prime though.  Going into next season he will be 37 years old and on the down side of his career.

At this point in their careers, I would stick with Willy.

It is my opinion that with a competent oline and a competent OC, Willy has the tools to be a top 3 QB.

I disagree.

That’s okay that you don’t play that game, but if you want to compare QBs and rank them, you kind of have to. I understand that every QB could add numbers to their totals in this way, but there is really no other way to compare.

Ricky Ray in his prime was elite and I would have wanted him over anyone out there.

He is no longer in his prime though. Going into next season he will be 37 years old and on the down side of his career.

It is my opinion that with a competent oline and a competent OC, Willy has the tools to be a top 3 QB.

Fair enough but he hasn't shown that yet. Hell we chose Willy over Burris because Burris was on the downside of his career and now Burris just had one of the best years of his career and very well may win the Grey Cup. Now we're saying the same thing about Ray. Hmmm something about not learning from our mistakes....

Willy elite?  No, hasn't proven that.
Willy a good QB?  Absolutely.

Willy has the tools, but needs an offensive structure that didn't come out of a Cracker Jack box.  More OL guys who can actually block, and a full time C to make proper snaps would help.   A real size/speed/strength go-to type of receiver, wouldn't hurt either.....

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.

You know you have a great point and is probably the reason MOS will never be a good HC he just doesn't have enough expertise or experience on ethier side of the ball to lean on in times of trouble.He desperately needs good experienced coordinators to be able to run a team.If they promote Buck with his limited experience it's just going to clearly show this limitation.

Fair enough but he hasn't shown that yet. Hell we chose Willy over Burris because Burris was on the downside of his career and now Burris just had one of the best years of his career and very well may win the Grey Cup. Now we're saying the same thing about Ray. Hmmm something about not learning from our mistakes....

Burris didn't have multiple shoulder injuries. Also, we did try to get Burris.

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.

You know you have a great point and is probably the reason MOS will never be a good HC he just doesn't have enough expertise or experience on ethier side of the ball to lean on in times of trouble.He desperately needs good experienced coordinators to be able to run a team.If they promote Buck with his limited experience it's just going to clearly show this limitation.

Well....he certainly got off to a roaring start with MB, Tracy.....and Etch.

If Marcus Brady is a free agent, and even if he isn't offer OC and associate coach, No to Lapo be there done that, make Buck QB coach i think he was coaching the RB's this year. I'm not opposed to Khari just not crazy about it. Should we be replacing the OL coach, Bob Wylie, no results or improvement and actually seem to regress as the season went. 

Of course he didn't. He is the most durable quarterback perhaps ever to play in the CFL. Hey we could have used a guy like that.

And yes we tried to get Burris. Until he got offered more money, then we gave up. Great. Now Ottawa won as many games this year as we have the last 2 combined but I'm sure glad the Bombers saved that money on Burris. Really helps me sleep at night.

Of course he didn't. He is the most durable quarterback perhaps ever to play in the CFL. Hey we could have used a guy like that.

And yes we tried to get Burris. Until he got offered more money, then we gave up. Great. Now Ottawa won as many games this year as we have the last 2 combined but I'm sure glad the Bombers saved that money on Burris. Really helps me sleep at night.

You would actually rather have Burris right now than Willy?

Is that a serious question???? Yes, 7 days a week and twice on Grey Cup Sunday. He's going to be hoisting the Cup at IGF anyways, may as well have been with the Bombers.

Burris has learned how not to get hurt ..... look at his injury time in the lasst few seasons .... noy invulnerable but can scramble or throw quickly

Pass on Lapo ..... couldn't stand his play calling & schemes when he was here  .... Vanilla City

Chapdelaine Benevides : disrespect from players

Pry Calvillo loose from Montreal

Calvillo is under contract and it's waste of time to try him leave the Als organization.

He will be the HC there in 2 or 3 yrs time.

Here he might be promoted to H?C in less than a season

I agree about Burris. He was my first pick at the time too. Not sure his situation is comparable to Ray though, which was the point being made in response to your "learning from our mistakes" comment.

Rich is right, O'Shea is the HC, and I hope he will make brilliant decisions when he picks his new assistant coaches and performs his duties as head coach in 2016. I hope he's right about Willy. I hope Walters and the scouts find great players to upgrade the roster. I hope everything works out in 2016 and we turn the corner and put it all together with Miller, Walters, and O'Shea leading the way. 

I hope I'm wrong about preferring to see Miller admit the problems here are bigger than Bellefeuille and fire Walters first, then hit a home run with his replacement in someone like John Murphy. I hope I'm wrong that then the rest of the pieces could have fallen into place. I hope I'm wrong that this isn't just three amigos covering each other's butts by sacrificing Bellefeuille.

I disagree.

He is no longer in his prime though. Going into next season he will be 37 years old and on the down side of his career.

Yes he has. When we is healthy is near the top or the top in all stats. He hasn't done it over an entire season due to injury. But when he's in there, he's one of the best.