Jump to content

2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)


Noeller

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Bailey would be an option too. I just really can't see us wanting to be on the hook for half a million dollars between two receivers. Defense wins championships and our offense is set to be a bit more dynamic with Streveler the leveler coming back

I can't see us letting a talent like Schoen go without throwing a very big number at him to stay. Guys like Schoen don't come around often. He is a legit top of the league receiver that has barely scratched the surface of his career. He is a unicorn when it comes to replacing him and what he brings to an offence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm not a fan of people crapping on Brady O for wanting to get the most money that he can.   When I was job hunting I didn't stay at my old job out of loyalty when I had much higher offers at other places.   Just because the guy wants to cash in while he still can I won't fault him.   

I'm not scared to lose Brady O because as I pointed out many times before,  other guys behind this line have been able to run effectively.   Augustine has a 6 yard average,   McCrae has a 7 yard average,  Grant had a 9 yard average when he had some carries two years ago.   

I trust our system and that other guys can come in and perform at a high level.  

I see it exactly like how it was when Lawler left us.   Schoen arrived and filled that gap.  I can see us recruiting or signing a known entity "IF" Brady goes elsewhere and I don't imagine a huge drop off in our ability to move the ball.  I also trust Walters wouldn't over pay at a position like RB where it is a dime a dozen and one of the easiest positions to recruit and fill.   

I don't think the idea of losing a hometown boy has any impact on the clubs perception or attendance or anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So I'm not a fan of people crapping on Brady O for wanting to get the most money that he can.   When I was job hunting I didn't stay at my old job out of loyalty when I had much higher offers at other places.   Just because the guy wants to cash in while he still can I won't fault him.   

I'm not scared to lose Brady O because as I pointed out many times before,  other guys behind this line have been able to run effectively.   Augustine has a 6 yard average,   McCrae has a 7 yard average,  Grant had a 9 yard average when he had some carries two years ago.   

I trust our system and that other guys can come in and perform at a high level.  

I see it exactly like how it was when Lawler left us.   Schoen arrived and filled that gap.  I can see us recruiting or signing a known entity "IF" Brady goes elsewhere and I don't imagine a huge drop off in our ability to move the ball.  I also trust Walters wouldn't over pay at a position like RB where it is a dime a dozen and one of the easiest positions to recruit and fill.   

I don't think the idea of losing a hometown boy has any impact on the clubs perception or attendance or anything. 

I would love nothing more than to keep Brady with a raise to a fair contract. However, our ability to replace him effectively puts a cap on that number that is far lower than the numbers the media is throwing around. If Brady can get what he wants elsewhere all the power to him, but anything more than 200k is in the realm of stupid contract for a RB. Anything more than 180k for us, would also probably qualify as the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I made no such claim.

You implied that people are going to be happier losing with Brady on the team vs losing with him on another roster.  

This would be an extremely small part of the ticket buyers. 

You shouldn’t be catering to this segment of the fan base - that’s what it boils down to. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Agreed WR budget is bigger than the RB budget, but what is the limit?

Lawler $285k

Demski $180k

Bailey $120k?

Woli $120k?

Schoen $250k?

Looking at $1 million for 5 players in that positional group and there are at least 2 backups, all within a $5,450,000 salary cap.

I predict Schoen receives an offer the Bombers can't match and they bump Bailey to $140k to reward him for his hard work and sticking with the team.  Slot in rookie contract Ontaria Wilson in Schoen's absence.

 

Impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How did the bombers survive before having no local players. Brady tho went to UND. He’s from here sure but demski was born and bred here and went to u of M. 
 

he’s more of the local star. 

I would take out the words 'the local' and replace them with 'a CFL'.

The debate is not his elite impact, its more where's the max you need to pay balanced with ensuring you're not greatly impacting other areas of team development/improvement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I would take out the words 'the local' and replace them with 'a CFL'.

The debate is not his elite impact, its more where's the max you need to pay balanced with ensuring you're not greatly impacting other areas of team development/improvement. 

I wouldn’t pay a rb 200k. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

So I'm not a fan of people crapping on Brady O for wanting to get the most money that he can.   When I was job hunting I didn't stay at my old job out of loyalty when I had much higher offers at other places.   Just because the guy wants to cash in while he still can I won't fault him.   

I'm not scared to lose Brady O because as I pointed out many times before,  other guys behind this line have been able to run effectively.   Augustine has a 6 yard average,   McCrae has a 7 yard average,  Grant had a 9 yard average when he had some carries two years ago.   

I trust our system and that other guys can come in and perform at a high level.  

I see it exactly like how it was when Lawler left us.   Schoen arrived and filled that gap.  I can see us recruiting or signing a known entity "IF" Brady goes elsewhere and I don't imagine a huge drop off in our ability to move the ball.  I also trust Walters wouldn't over pay at a position like RB where it is a dime a dozen and one of the easiest positions to recruit and fill.   

I don't think the idea of losing a hometown boy has any impact on the clubs perception or attendance or anything. 

A lot of this has been touched on to death, but if we do a platoon at rb (we should but likely won’t) I’d love to see grant get more touches. He’s such a deceptively strong guy and tough runner he’d be great to get more looks. 
 If we do lose grant I wouldn’t be against a home coming for lucky if he’s at a reasonable price. 
 Morrow could also be and option but not a fan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A lot of this has been touched on to death, but if we do a platoon at rb (we should but likely won’t) I’d love to see grant get more touches. He’s such a deceptively strong guy and tough runner he’d be great to get more looks. 
 If we do lose grant I wouldn’t be against a home coming for lucky if he’s at a reasonable price. 
 Morrow could also be and option but not a fan. 

Take a time out and sit and think of what you said hahaha.....U are better than that!

A guy tho I think we should target if we lose Schoen is Coxie from T.O....Could prob get him for half the price, and combined with who we bringing back as it is...could be a real threat here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Take a time out and sit and think of what you said hahaha.....U are better than that!

A guy tho I think we should target if we lose Schoen is Coxie from T.O....Could prob get him for half the price, and combined with who we bringing back as it is...could be a real threat here

How about Stanback?

Please be nice to me. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

How about Stanback?

Please be nice to me. 🙂

for cheap....and as a duo for sure...I think his days being the main every down guy are behind him...he just hasn't looked the same since his return from the broken leg.

I'm almost 100% certain that if BO ask is way out to lunch we grab Oullette and also roster another RB in the role Mcrae played....I don't see Mcrae being back

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

Take a time out and sit and think of what you said hahaha.....U are better than that!

A guy tho I think we should target if we lose Schoen is Coxie from T.O....Could prob get him for half the price, and combined with who we bringing back as it is...could be a real threat here

I mean in terms of league kr/roster players. I’d take him returning kicks over the guys we’ve had the last few years not named grant, but yeah we should be able to throw a rock at a fa camp in the us and hit 6 guys who can kr. We just fall in love with the worst return men. 
 

 

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

for cheap....and as a duo for sure...I think his days being the main every down guy are behind him...he just hasn't looked the same since his return from the broken leg.

I'm almost 100% certain that if BO ask is way out to lunch we grab Oullette and also roster another RB in the role Mcrae played....I don't see Mcrae being back

 

I’d love him as a di rotating at rb, but I don’t think he’d do that. Carey would imo. I don’t trust stanback to block catch or stay healthy as a no1. Damn shame. id be happy for him if he bounces back though. Love watching that guy run. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bombers sign American offensive lineman Micah Vanterpool. Might be an interesting prospect. The guy is 6-6 315 pounds. 

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/football/roster/micah-vanterpool/20045

Interesting that he played two g and T spots. Looks like he’s a guard by nature though. But a big ass guard. I actually prefer shorter stocky interior ol. I think being tall makes it tougher in the cfl. looks like the pats brought him to convert him to T long term. 
 Guy played a crazy amount of snap with out giving up a sack, even for a guard. 500 in one year with no sacks allowed and went 900 snaps with no penalties against. Played with a mild pain near his stomach. Then a couple days later he had ruptured his appendix and played through it, and lived with it. Then didn’t want to have the surgery till after the season and wanted to miss no games lol. Tough business. 
  And he played against some monster nfl prospects. Not hard to see what they like about him. 
 

 

Edited by wbbfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...