GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

1 hour ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I've got a question. Does anyone know what the deal was on Holm's late-game INT return. It looked like he "gave up" at the end. Why did he throw the ball up as he did? Had the whistle been blown (play dead because he was in the grasp?)

Whistle and the whole sideline was yelling clock to go down. I was on the 40 yd line lower bowl 

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

I read it and i will say it, dynasty. No matter what happens this Grey cup we have now played in 4 Grey Cups in a row,that my friends is a dynasty.  This team is special lets enjoy it while we can. There was a song included in the Oilers 80s dynasty video that sang " this is a time to remember cause it will not last forever" thanks big blue for another trip to the Grey Cup! 😊

In my twenties, the bombers lost everything. Every game in Regina. I repeat we didn't win a game in Regina when I was in my twenties. That **** hurts. We lost multiple grey cups. Saw Stegall retire without a ring. 6 different head coaches. No hope in sight.

In my thirties, one head coach. 4 consecutive grey cup appearances, hopefully 3 wins after next weekend.  Wins in Regina. 

100% this is special and it's been a hell of a ride that isn't over yet

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Anyone read the absolute drivel by JC Abbott at 3DN? It suggests the Bombers win was a fluke and he blames Adams for ruining a masterful BC performance. Good gravy..

It's embarrassing.  If that group wants to progress they need to have some actual standards on reporting and not just resort to fan blog drivel.

The Bombers literally pounded the Lions into the turf from the opening kick to the final whistle.  Both of their lines got absolutely ******* collapsed.  They had to pop 9 guys inside to stop the run, and yeah Collaros didn't hit a deep on them so they can get a banner printed that says that I guess.  West Finalists.  BC couldn't even get closer than kicks from 40+ or a hail mary for the entire game.  They sure looked affected by playing outdoors in November, can't really deny that.

26 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Anyone read the absolute drivel by JC Abbott at 3DN? It suggests the Bombers win was a fluke and he blames Adams for ruining a masterful BC performance. Good gravy..

And then Farhan defended it on Twitter when people were calling Abbott out....they're really two of a kind.

Just now, 17to85 said:

From the opening drive the noise was throwing BC off. So much for learning from last season and preparing for it. 

TV definitely didn't do it justice. It was raucous in the barn. 

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have been sorta Keepin' Tabs on 3DN ... all year ... there is a definite attitude there ... even when the Blue were in their glory after a great game, 3DN would focus on the loser and analyze what went wrong ... they just would NOt give it up for the Bombers

The most overlooked stat from yesterday is that my daughter is now a perfect 9-0 when attending Bomber games.  You can all thank me I brought her to the game to ensure a bomber victory!

And yes the crowd noise was insane yesterday.  I've been to two games this year... Banjo Bowl and West Final... I think yesterday was louder.  I could barely hear the announcer when BC was on O.  It was truly deafening.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Right? On many plays he had some time to throw the ball. Speaks to the DBs and the Bombers controlled rush. You knew the rush was going to get there, but they were very disciplined 

I expect the CONTROLLED method was the key to the whole game ... it was the KEY mindset that was the difference maker ... AND it will be the same strategy for Cody Fajaro ... rinse and repeat

no need for hero plays

The end of half Hail Mary cheesed me for the rest of the game. It seems so gawd damned lucky. Turns out, ESPN stats reports that an NFL chance of a successful Hail Mary is 9.7%. Cougar stats reports that Hail Mary’s are intercepted 19% of the time - which is 8 times more frequent than a Hail Mary Touchdown. Lions got their points by luck, and that’s it - luck. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

I know ppl speak of 16 win Argos and esks but didn't the Bombers only lose 1 game a couple seasons ago? Believe it wasn't an 18 game season but shouldn't that team be in the same talk as esks and Argos 2 loss teams 

They lost 3 that year iirc but 2 were piss around games at the end of the season. I think Sean McGuire was starting. 

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

The end of half Hail Mary cheesed me for the rest of the game.

Glad I'm not the only one. I was really sour about it. And then the run game getting shut down... I was chapped the OL wasn't doing more. As Booch mentioned in another thread, they had so little creativity offensively... No jet sweeps, almost no play action. I get they were trying to take manage and just not turn it over, but jeeze that was frustrating to watch. Thank goodness that D was incredible. 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

At the 8:04 mark of 2nd quarter....go watch baby Bett's frustration and pathetic reaction to Eli just basically eliminating him....that's is typical Betts when things not going his way and why he a tool....prepare to laugh a good one lol

Good catch. I was at the game and it was a sigh of relief not to hear his name on TSN all game. So tired of TSN feeling the need to manufacture game stories and clearly having a narrative they try to press during coverage. I guess it is aimed at the casual fan to build something up for them, but it is so forced and looks foolish when things don't go according to their script.

9 hours ago, Booch said:

At the 8:04 mark of 2nd quarter....go watch baby Bett's frustration and pathetic reaction to Eli just basically eliminating him....that's is typical Betts when things not going his way and why he a tool....prepare to laugh a good one lol

Watched it again. What a man baby...lol

6 hours ago, Bombertown said:

Also about biggie, he was holding back of knee or calf on the sideline. Devastating. You could hear the collective gasp in the stands 

Couple years ago I bumped into Adam Bighill at the airport. He had a giant suitcase/trunk with him. He said he was taking the Grey Cup up to some of the First Nations communities in Northern Manitoba, to talk to the kids about sports, football and what it's like to play for the Blue Bombers. I'm sure his team-mates will be playing for each other but especially for him next Sunday.

Rewatching the game. TSN is bad at their job.

- Started off saying it was Winnipeg's 4th straight Western Final (it was their 5th)

- Graphic showed Dru Brown in the starting secondary.

- Had the score at 19-3 at one point (it was 18)

- Suitor going on about how Zach set his feet to make a nice throw across the middle, despite the video showing him literally leaping and throwing in the air.

Not even at half time yet.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Watched it again. What a man baby...lol

right eh?...at about the 6.25 mark right after that....he didnt like how Neuf handles him either...came at him from behind to cheap shot....but stopped...was equally as funny....was about the last I noticed him

48 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Same.  It was the only noteworthy thing he did.  Zero stats recorded for Betts, the supposed MODP in the West.  Willie and Jackson outplayed him by a wide margin.

yup....what a tool eh?....funny tho lol

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

- Started off saying it was Winnipeg's 4th straight Western Final (it was their 5th)

- Suitor going on about how Zach set his feet to make a nice throw across the middle, despite the video showing him literally leaping and throwing in the air.

yeah Brown played corner yesterday hahah...U caught that too eh

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

...................and there biggest gaffe Suitor telling all of Canada that the Hail Mary play was planned to get the TD the way it did