Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Rose has been exposed on the last few games. Playing way off, has been in chase mode on more than a few passes, and has been straight-armed by receivers a few times when trying to tackle. Not sure Houston is the answer with his gambling style, because he leaves is open to the big play against, but Rose being out is not the worst decision, even if surprising, IMO

I think Rose is the 2nd best corner on this team.  And in comparison to Houston it's not particularly close.  Houston also gives a giant cushion and isn't particularly comfortable pressing.  Rose is a lot sturdier.

BC will be isolating Houston.  Will be a matter of our pass rush being disruptive.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Didn't they use a 3-4 a lot last BC game in the second half. Maybe that's the plan? I am grasping at straws.

we did....lotsa sets with Cole.....and Clements..we also disrupted BC receivers timing...which cause the Vaj big issues...He's a timing guy, and when he has to think...and look for anything past 1st option...tends to struggle....Factor in this with that crowd noise now...and communication going to be hampered....he may struggle mightily

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Didn't they use a 3-4 a lot last BC game in the second half. Maybe that's the plan? I am grasping at straws.

They used a 3 man front almost exclusively from the 2nd quarter on that last game in BC and it worked extremely well. 

Calgary tried to copy it in the WSF. It didn’t go over for them.
They had a 3 man rush but it looked like they were somehow still in man. Not sure what the hell they were doing tbh. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They used a 3 man front almost exclusively from the 2nd quarter on that last game in BC and it worked extremely well. 

Calgary tried to copy it in the WSF. It didn’t go over for them.
They had a 3 man rush but it looked like they were somehow still in man. Not sure what the hell they were doing tbh. 

The Bombers have a million linebackers on the roster probably paid off in that situation. 

46 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/11/10/3downnation-cfl-picks-will-favourites-fall-flat-in-division-finals/

Aside from Dunk, they could get more knowledgeable predictions from 5 jobbers on the street. 
“Bombers will lose because it’s only going to be zero degrees.” Morons. 

Everyone seems wowed by the passing yardage BC gets... well no ****, when you never run the ball you will get passing yards.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Everyone seems wowed by the passing yardage BC gets... well no ****, when you never run the ball you will get passing yards.

Yeah, the Bombers averaged more offensive yards per game than the Lions. 431 for the Bombers (139 rushing, 292 passing) and 392 for the Lions (78 rushing, 314 passing).

Pretty excited for the game today . The Bombers spent the entire 90s through the 2010s (mostly) shattering my soul, but they've certainly made the wait worth it. Hopefully the boys bring it home and it starts Sunday. I hope we play a clean game shove it down the Lions throats.

Edited by White Out

8 minutes ago, White Out said:

Pretty excited for the game tomorrow. The Bombers spent the entire 90s through the 2010s (mostly) shattering my soul, but they've certainly made the wait worth it. Hopefully the boys bring it home and it starts Sunday. I hope we play a clean game shove it down the Lions throats.

Uh... just to clarify - kickoff is today (Nov-11-2023) at 5:30PM, correct?