Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It would be nice if we could go into the playoffs one of these years with the leagues #1 QB and leagues #1 receiver healthy. F**k you football Gods!!!!!!!!!

Lashing out at the football Gods before the biggest game of the year?  I think we’re going to need you to retract that statement.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

The clappers are cool for the kids I guess.... But I like to think we're just naturally an insanely loud crowd that we don't need artificial enhancements. Having said that, there are a lot of cowbells and horns, so I suppose this isn't much different. Whatever it takes to make the barn absolutely deafening on Saturday. Let's ******* GOOOOOOO......

Environment Canada page (always trust the Canadian government..................) says -3 but that BAC is definitely a minimum..... Ell. Eff. Gee.

Nothing beats the sound of 10,000+ fans clapping "garbage pail mitts"...it's a beauty of a sound

CFL.ca with some nice stats to consider.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/07/3-stats-that-could-loom-large-in-the-western-final/

Kinda blows the theory out of the water that BC has some kind of advantage in rushing the QB, and really illustrates how vastly superior our offence is running the ball, balance wise, and protecting our QB.

My bold predictions for the Western final:

1. Janarion Grant shows up. 2 return TDs

2. BO goes over a 100 yards mostly in the 4th as we grind down the clock

3. Zac is average but efficient

4. VA throws for 400 yards but BCs offence stalls out in the red zone getting only FGs

5. The Jeffs show up and dominate BCs crap OL

6. Deatrich Nichols gets a ball thrown his way and promptly intercepts it. VA does not throw his way again.

7. Betts goes offside multiple times.

8. Time count violations kill promising BC drives and IGF gets louder and louder.

9. This game is effectively over by half time.

10. Final score WPG 41-BC 18

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

4. VA throws for 400 yards but BCs offence stalls out in the red zone getting only FGs

6. Deatrich Nichols gets a ball thrown his way and promptly intercepts it. VA does not throw his way again.

8. Time count violations kill promising BC drives and IGF gets louder and louder.

Yes please.

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I thought that the second the boot went on.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

None of the guys practicing need the reps. I don't know who will or won't be out there Saturday, but I have full confidence in any vet to play at a high level without taking physical reps during the week.

In fairness you thought the whole team was doomed from the start of existence....

<checks avatar name> Yeah, that tracks. 

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Lashing out at the football Gods before the biggest game of the year?  I think we’re going to need you to retract that statement.

We need more that that...

How about:

34042092.gif

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I like it! However....if the Jeffs are dominating BC's crap o'line, which I totally believe they will, VA doesn't even come close to 400 yards. I'm generous to let him have 200, but that's it.

On 2023-11-06 at 8:30 PM, bb1 said:

Damp cold my ass, we played hockey outside back in the day when they used that crazy number to tell you how cold it was and that day was like 3500 + we had ice dripping off every stitch of clothing,scarves,eye brows, we had to warm up every ******* 20 min in the shack... when its -40 and windy in Winnipeg there isn't anywhere in the world with people, that's colder....🥶🥶🥶

the big deal is footing ... will it be greasy or will the players be able to cut on a dime .... VA avoids the rush because of his nifty acceleration out of the pocket & he needs that perfect surface

further throwing accuracy is highly related to being able to plant and shift weight for balance and throwing accuracy

around zero feels like melt and freeze ... then it becomes who falls down the most

ZC is probably better in greasy conditions

luck is going to be a big factor

MOS is a make-your-own-luck kind of leader .... character you say!

Edited by BigBlue

9 hours ago, bryan35 said:

When was the last time we sold  out a playoff game??

Going back to 1972, the club has had 3 announced playoff sellouts, and 2 complete sellouts. 

1981 West semi-final vs BC 32,936 (capacity 32,946) lost 15-11

1987 East final vs Tor 32,946 (capacity 32,946) lost 19-3

2001 East final vs Ham 29,503 (capacity 29,503) won 28-13

The Toronto game is the club record for a playoff game. If we sell out this game, we will set a new record at 33,236. According to Ticketmaster we have just under 1,000 tickets available. If their numbers are accurate, we will set a new IG Field playoff record this year, surpassing the 31,160 set in 2021 vs Saskatchewan. Source for all figures is www.cfldb.ca

Edited by TrueBlue4ever