Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone gives a single solitary f*** about who Toronto is or isn't playing in this game. I want the Bombers to get 2pts and move on to the important game, in BC next week. I don't give a **** about the two supposed best teams in the league matching up... I only want Bombers wins, however they come.  Best case scenario is we curb stomp these assholes and the cockroaches can go back to the hole they crawled out of. 

Because in a competition you don't want to win by default, you want to  beat the best possible opponent you can . 

11 hours ago, BBRT said:

I see this game as sort of a no win for the Bombers regardless of what happens. If the Bombers win it is due to the fact that the Argos did not play their "A" team as they want to rest starters etc. etc. - If the Bombers lose there will be tons of questions .

IMHO the Bombers need to win just to stay in first and continue to fight for home field advantage for the WF or WSF etc. Nothing else matters! 

They have something to play for. The Argos? Not. We'll be playing to stay ahead of the Lions the rest of the year. I'd rather be in our position. Thw Lions & Bombers will stay sharp & focused.  

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hansen in. Haba out. 

Only change. Jackson still on 

That doesn't make sense if it works out that way. Based on this, it would mean Jeffcoat is not dressing and Hansen is the primary starter instead of the rotation player coming off a year long injury? 3 global player would mean one of them would have to be listed / qualified as a replacement for an import? I'm not sure if I've noticed any team actually doing that!!??

Our DI's last week were Cole, Clement, Parker and Jackson.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I guess Jeffcoat's hip is better

Is he dressing? That would suggest the earlier post not showing that was in error or early?

Edited by Blue In BC

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Jackson is just the most useless roster move going. drop him, put Haba on and we don't need to give snaps to Bennett,

Look ...do you want to break OSh's heart....He certainly is endearing to our coach.... but to a lot of fans,not so much....I think the experiment has to end before the end of the season, otherwise we are not fielding the best club possible............................................................signed flumoxed and frustrated

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Meh.... that sounds like a **** measuring contest. **** that. We know how good our team CAN be... don't need to prove it against some mythical villain. If they're that good, we'll see them in a game that matters in November...

With my Blue and Gold glasses on, if the Argo's fire on all cylinders and we fire on all cylinders, we win, they lose.

However I know it doesn't usually work that way in reality as many battles are happening on the field where its not all or none in wins and losses of battles had.

However I don't buy the argument that the Argo's are a better team than us at this stage because of the GC last year and we have three more losses then them this season.

Even if we win this week, nothing will be decided. If we lose, this place will be unbearable with Argo fan niceties around here.  

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Even if we win this week, nothing will be decided. If we lose, this place will be unbearable with Argo fan niceties around here.  

If you somehow lose against the team that's published on the Argo's depth chart today, it should be unbearable... because that would be a very ill omen for the Bombers. And there'd be no time for any niceties.

I quite frankly blame the Argos for not wanting to destroy their team confidence by dressing their whole lineup and then getting shellacked on Friday in Winnipeg. Could set them into a tailspin. It happens after a bad beatdown. They "rest" a bunch of guys and give themselves the mental out for the loss they were inevitably going to sustain.

well Oakman was/is hurt so not a surprise there, and really could care less who is playing for them....casue if we play our game we win regardless....so missing a few guys should make us want to really squash them....this is the game if we up by a big margin to really run it up...who cares how it looks, and thats what you get coming into a barometer game and kind of wussying out

Thank good Schmeckle is out...Kelly is a good add for ST's and really due to our lousy depth the only other option on defence.

When you finally get Hansen back, to also delete Haba is just dumb...why?....it's an easy flip of Jackson for him.

We can use an extra olineman....Baily...even Briggs or Cadwaladderatermater for gods sake and get same effect.....I'm sure Hanse as well would be a destructive fullback for 6 snaps a game wiping guys out.....just a dumb roster decision again....but expected nothing less

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In effect, Argo's are taking their third bye of this week.

Whatever, rest your guys who cares. Don't matter.

They need it. Primadonnas....all of them. No wonder Harris's suspect work ethic of recent years is a seamless fit there.