Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Argos have had the softest schedule in the CFL this year....BY FAR...resting guys...lmao. Sorry, but until you have played the Bombers you have not faced the CFL's measuring stick. 12-1...beating up on the Ottawa's and Hamilton's of the CFL. If the Argos were in the West they are behind the Bombers and Lions in the standings. 

yeah....advantageous position they have being in the East with more games vs those turds...and minimal travel inconveniences as well with 3 teams withing pissing distance of them

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah....advantageous position they have being in the East with more games vs those turds...and minimal travel inconveniences as well with 3 teams withing pissing distance of them

Not to mention 3 byes in the first 10 games. We will find out who the Argos really are when they play us....and they knew that....and are not going to let us shellack their starters without a built in excuse.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Oh ffs, argos fans coming in here letting us know our team doesn't care about this game so we don't, we going to lose, we aren't showing you anything, we're serving up our depth, if you can't beat our depth with vanilla packages oh boy.

Whatever. And they wonder why its so chilly here for them at a WBB site.

What surprises me the most is that the entirety of the Argo fan base came here to post.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not to mention 3 byes in the first 10 games. We will find out who the Argos really are when they play us....and they knew that....and are not going to let us shellack their starters without a built in excuse.

What surprises me the most is that the entirety of the Argo fan base came here to post.

likely got tired to talking to themselves in whatever forum they have...do they have one?...

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

In case you've missed it, folks here have been talking a lot about the Bombers issues this season. And have been for quite some time. 

If they lose, it's because they **** the bed again, which has been a common theme too often this season.

Starting up with the excuses pretty early, Dave...

27 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Argos have had the softest schedule in the CFL this year....BY FAR...resting guys...lmao. Sorry, but until you have played the Bombers you have not faced the CFL's measuring stick. 12-1...beating up on the Ottawa's and Hamilton's of the CFL. If the Argos were in the West they are behind the Bombers and Lions in the standings. 

How'd you guys make out against them?

Edited by bluto

18 minutes ago, bluto said:

Starting up with the excuses pretty early, Dave...

Is it an excuse to say if they lose it's because the issues that have plagued them a lot of the season showed up? Cause to me they lost because they didn't play well enough to win isn't an excuse... you know like they whole "oh we have nothing to play for, it's preseason in the fall" crap you folks are doing.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yep, and being in the East they get the full slate against Hamilton, Ottawa, and Montreal every year. Just a joke of a schedule really in comparison to any of the Western teams.

That argument makes sense until you consider we lost to both Ottawa & Hamilton. As far as easy teams go, we played Edmonton when they had Corn Head playing qb along with Calgary. We split our games with the Riders so what's that say?? We're good but we aren't well prepared which comes down to coaching.

In Toronto, say what you will about an easy schedule with crap teams in the East... but their team is prepared to play every game & they look absolutely dialed in. I hate to say this but the Argos go out & kick ass every time they play. What do we do? If we feel like it we play hard & win. Other times we put it in cruise control & eventually find a way to win games...  In the fourth quarter because we got behind as we played awful. Or we just went out & **** the bed.

There seems to be an issue with the Bombers. Is it coaching? Is it players not being ready to play? Overconfidence? Arrogance? Age? I have no idea but we are beyond a doubt, a real Jekyll & Hyde team. I see as lot of the 2014-17 Mike O'Shea this year. He doesn't seem to hold his players accountable if they play badly. Roster management is in question. He just smirks on the sidelines when we're losing like it's no big deal. Hey, we're 10-4 & we all should be happy but we're not. The problem is, we have no idea what kind of a 10-4 team we are. Can we make another GC run or are we one & done in the playoffsl??  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Oh yeah the argos were so ready to play when they lost to calgary... and they've had some close games that should never have been close as well. 

Honestly the argos remind me an awful lot of the lions last season. Tons of byes early on and everyone had them pegged as THE team to beat, except they didn't make it to the Grey Cup. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, how you play in the summer doesn't matter for much in the cfl. How you are playing in the fall is what matters.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'll eat it if I have to, but mark me down right now... on September 26th..... that the Argos will be upset in the EF this year. Whether it's Hamilton or Montreal, someone's gonna catch them sleeping and keep them outta the big game. 

Oh the thought of an early Christmas present like that makes me giddy.

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'll eat it if I have to, but mark me down right now... on September 26th..... that the Argos will be upset in the EF this year. Whether it's Hamilton or Montreal, someone's gonna catch them sleeping and keep them outta the big game. 

I sort of have to agree with Noeller here (cough cough cough) - and I seldom agree with Noeller. I think the Argos could get sharpshooted in the Eastern Final. Just think they are on cruise control and it will be hard to put the pedal to the metal when it counts.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

I sort of have to agree with Noeller here (cough cough cough) - and I seldom agree with Noeller. I think the Argos could get sharpshooted in the Eastern Final. Just think they are on cruise control and it will be hard to put the pedal to the metal when it counts.

well, we've at least nailed down ONE of your problems, anyhow........

Argos update:

The Argonauts took to the field for the first time this week on Tuesday, with wide receiver Cam Phillips (groin) sitting out. Running back AJ Ouellette (foot) and offensive lineman Isiah Cage (hamstring) were full participants after sitting out of the team’s Week 16 win over Hamilton. Linebacker Wynton McManis (ankle) and defensive back Jamal Peters (groin) were limited.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/25/bombers-argos-injury-reports-schoen-sits-out-on-monday/

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

so this post made me curious and I did a little research:

the odds are with the Argos -- in the past ten years, there have been 18 Grey Cup finalists and 14 of them were division winners.  The exceptions:

* 2021 (the Argos lost the EF)

* 2019 (the Roughriders lost the crossbar game.)

* 2013 (the Stamps and Argos both lost their divisional finals)

The worst all-time collapse of this nature is the 16-2 Eskimos of 1989, who got sniped in the west final by the Roughriders, who went on to win their second title stripe in franchise history)

Edited by johnzo

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

so this post made me curious and I did a little research:

the odds are with the Argos -- in the past ten years, there have been 18 Grey Cup finalists and 14 of them were division winners.  The exceptions:

* 2021 (the Argos lost the EF)

* 2019 (the Roughriders lost the crossbar game.)

* 2013 (the Stamps and Argos both lost their finals)

The worst all-time collapse of this nature is the 16-2 Eskimos of 1989, who got sniped in the west final by the Roughriders, who earned their second title stripe)

So you’re saying there’s a chance is what I read here. :)

5 hours ago, Booch said:

I almost take this as a bit of a cop out on the Argo's, as I bet even with their full squad, we were gonna beat them, possibly handily....not so much as to not show their cards, as all teams cards are well known now, but moreso for the "yeah but" part

I disagree. Its a smart way on RDs part to take the option of Hall trying a few things against CK to see how he reacts and test him.  Hall cant throw certain looks at him to see how he responds... 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh yeah the argos were so ready to play when they lost to calgary... and they've had some close games that should never have been close as well. 

Honestly the argos remind me an awful lot of the lions last season. Tons of byes early on and everyone had them pegged as THE team to beat, except they didn't make it to the Grey Cup. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, how you play in the summer doesn't matter for much in the cfl. How you are playing in the fall is what matters.

That is true & I agree but I don't know about you. I see a disturbing trend with the Bombers. Other than the Banjo Bowl, it's not trending in the direction you speak. This has been a problem all year. The intensity & fire just hasn't there like in 2021 & 22. We win not because we impose our will on other teams. We win because we have more talent. However, talent only takes you so far, though. I'm hoping that we come together as a team & start playing a lot better. Just 4 games left. Now's the time for everyone on the team (coaches & players) to bear down & work together. 

59 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Argos update:

The Argonauts took to the field for the first time this week on Tuesday, with wide receiver Cam Phillips (groin) sitting out. Running back AJ Ouellette (foot) and offensive lineman Isiah Cage (hamstring) were full participants after sitting out of the team’s Week 16 win over Hamilton. Linebacker Wynton McManis (ankle) and defensive back Jamal Peters (groin) were limited.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/25/bombers-argos-injury-reports-schoen-sits-out-on-monday/

I always thought his name was Wynston.