Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

Saturday was weird.

We had nothing to play for (and it showed) and the Cats are in a battle for 2nd, saw the Als win their game earlier and should've been desperate to avoid being swept. The Argos went up by two touchdowns early on and it looked like the Cats just quit.

Collaros will be facing a talented defence... but it will be a completely undisguised one. The Argos did absolutely nothing fancy and never so much as tried to hide a blitz. I think that giving Zach the ability to read us that well will likely get us beat.

Dinwiddie has said that he plans to sit Kelly in two games. I can't figure that this would be one. (Likely in our pair against Ottawa). So if Kelly is playing, that means that our first choice O-Line definitely is. But they've only let him get sacked 12 times this year (and only once in the last 6 games). I think that what we'll do exactly what we always do on offence. But like against Hamilton, it was a very bland version where we didn't do anything that wasn't pretty straightforward.

I'd love to win this one since the Argos are now chasing history (in their 150th season)... But in reality the only thing that matters is getting to November 11th with all of our first choice players healthy.

Prediction: Bombers win. Javon Leake runs a punt back for a TD. Kelly has a one play scoring drive at some point.

38 minutes ago, bluto said:

Saturday was weird.

We had nothing to play for (and it showed) and the Cats are in a battle for 2nd, saw the Als win their game earlier and should've been desperate to avoid being swept. The Argos went up by two touchdowns early on and it looked like the Cats just quit.

Collaros will be facing a talented defence... but it will be a completely undisguised one. The Argos did absolutely nothing fancy and never so much as tried to hide a blitz. I think that giving Zach the ability to read us that well will likely get us beat.

Dinwiddie has said that he plans to sit Kelly in two games. I can't figure that this would be one. (Likely in our pair against Ottawa). So if Kelly is playing, that means that our first choice O-Line definitely is. But they've only let him get sacked 12 times this year (and only once in the last 6 games). I think that what we'll do exactly what we always do on offence. But like against Hamilton, it was a very bland version where we didn't do anything that wasn't pretty straightforward.

I'd love to win this one since the Argos are now chasing history (in their 150th season)... But in reality the only thing that matters is getting to November 11th with all of our first choice players healthy.

Prediction: Bombers win. Javon Leake runs a punt back for a TD. Kelly has a one play scoring drive at some point.

i see a pick 6 too 

25 minutes ago, johnzo said:

such a weird game.  massive storylines abound and it's been awhile since the Bombers entered a game with so much to prove.

but at the same time this is almost an exhibition game, for all the impact it's going to have on the standings.

Well, maybe. If the Argos can beat the Bombers with  a starting lineup peppered with B team players, the ought to give them a huge psychological lift. Even if the Bombers squeak out a win, it would be almost as beneficial for the Argos. If, on the other hand, Bombers trounce the Boatmen, the Argos can comfort themselves with "well, it wasn't our best lineup". The key might be to humble Kelly with sacks, knockdowns, hard hits and maybe an INT or two.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Well, maybe. If the Argos can beat the Bombers with  a starting lineup peppered with B team players, the ought to give them a huge psychological lift. Even if the Bombers squeak out a win, it would be almost as beneficial for the Argos. If, on the other hand, Bombers trounce the Boatmen, the Argos can comfort themselves with "well, it wasn't our best lineup". The key might be to humble Kelly with sacks, knockdowns, hard hits and maybe an INT or two.

this is what I want more than anything. I hope Kelly takes an absolute BEATING and the finger pointing comes fast and furious...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

this is what I want more than anything. I hope Kelly takes an absolute BEATING and the finger pointing comes fast and furious...

Imagine if Kelly gets banged up in this game? The 17 argos fans in Toronto would be livid! 
 Man dukes has thrown 15 passes in the cfl. Dru brown has thrown 129,  Poopkup has attempted 607. Collaros ofc has 2137. Kelly has 370. Harris has 164 Carries as an Argo. 
 Boy I’d be concerned about experience among the Argo QBs. 

I never encourage trying to hurt a guy, because you never want a guy to lose the chance to support his family, but....... I really would love to see him get smacked around but good. That smirk wiped off his face. He seems like the type who is quick to whine and point fingers, kinda like Faj. I would enjoy watching that bit of drama. 

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I never encourage trying to hurt a guy, because you never want a guy to lose the chance to support his family, but....... I really would love to see him get smacked around but good. That smirk wiped off his face. He seems like the type who is quick to whine and point fingers, kinda like Faj. I would enjoy watching that bit of drama. 

I haven't followed the Argos closely enough this year -- have they faced any big adversity?  Tough injuries, position controversies, that kind of thing? 

You could say that their weird backloaded schedule is kind of adversity, but they clinched so far in advance that they're going to be able to give all their key players multiple bye weeks leading into the playoffs.

I guess the early clinch is a form of adversity -- are they going to stay a high-performance outfit while playing out the string?

anyway, I'm so stoked for this week's game; outside of a championship game this is sports drama at its best.

8 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

No need to sugar coat this.  The kick cover is atrocious.    I would also add that Zach needs to stop forcing the damn ball and trust his reads.   Ball security is gonna be paramount this game.

1000%.   Even if we lose to TO,  the BC game will determine first place in the west.   The season series is what matters.   That being said,  Bombers need to play some consistent ball now!

To be fair, one of the James Johnson interceptions wasn't really an interception. 

I will NEVER understand how the booth didn’t overturn that. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny