Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

20 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I keep on hearing how good Toronto is, GC 2022 Champions and 'you are your record' so Toronto should be the favorite tonight, depth playing in certain positions or not.

Enough with the silliness of guaranteed win for us nonsense thrown at us by argoblow fans because of who their team has decided to healthy scratch.

Put up or shut up.

Dinwiddie served up the W for us when he put in the the third string qb when the game was still on the line nicely sucking out all the momentum on his sideline over to ours. I guess giving back up QB Dukes game experience especially at crucial times and winning the actual game isn’t that important as giving reps to your third sting qb.

Dimwoodie was shaking like a leaf holding their game chart....must have had a rough previous night....I don't think it was us putting any fright in to him but that was no wind blowing it around in his hand....They didn't show us anything new....and I don't think we gave them anything different just straight up football ...If it weren't for us needing the 2 pts. I would have liked to have seen some of our backups but...... c'est la vie

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Dimwoodie was shaking like a leaf holding their game chart....must have had a rough previous night....I don't think it was us putting any fright in to him but that was no wind blowing it around in his hand....They didn't show us anything new....and I don't think we gave them anything different just straight up football ...If it weren't for us needing the 2 pts. I would have liked to have seen some of our backups but...... c'est la vie

U noticed the shakes too eh?

2 hours ago, Booch said:

U noticed the shakes too eh?

I'm not suggesting anything untoward, but did anyone notice how red Dinwiddie's nose was? I wondered if he's been really sick this week or something.... maybe also explains the shakes if he's been ill? 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

yeah .....thought it kind of strange when they really didn't have anything on the line.....maybe a little pride.....It looked like he had the alcoholic shakes.....the red nose was another tip off and we know his name ain't Rudolph

Yeah...he was rather rosy too

Booch, I understand you know the game well. Among the most knowledgeable on this site.

It seems as though you are really slaggin osh the past few months...

Nobody is above criticism but damn man, he's taken us to 3 gcs in a row and an unfathomable good record. Never once heard of him losing the room in the slightest. 

Gotta be lucky to be good, but also good to be lucky... I'd say he's doing something right

Didn't say he lost the room...but he is severely hurting team with roster..some decisions...not using a new rule basically cause he doesn't like it...and yeah he got us 2 cups...then lost one...and this yr has had his team not very well prepared too many times to give him any Mulligan's from 'past' success

Pro sports is a what have u done for me now business and from grey cup loss to now...we have regressed...made some poor decisions...one of which is messing with special teams and having to.much pride..ego..whatever it is to revert back....piss poor roster moves on a few fronts...just standing pat and assuming beta from before can bring u back...we went to well now 3 yrs in a row with a lot of 30 something's and strictly special team guys who really aren't adequate backups ...no talent to test anyone brought in and the areas that we did...basically kept none...and yeah I have said myself gotta be good tombe lucky...but luck runs out sooner than later

I have lived thru and seen up close and personal situations like we are evolving into...loved Dave Ritchie like a father but similar stuff was his demise..and internally he was approached and had suggestions to rectify some things...but in good ol' Coach Ritchie  fashion had a unique response to it...something about u gotta dance with the highschool sweetie...or something like that as verbatum escapes me now...and beloved Ritchie fizzled out and was gone....history does repeat if u don't learn from it is all I am saying....

37 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Booch, I understand you know the game well. Among the most knowledgeable on this site.

It seems as though you are really slaggin osh the past few months...

Nobody is above criticism but damn man, he's taken us to 3 gcs in a row and an unfathomable good record. Never once heard of him losing the room in the slightest. 

Gotta be lucky to be good, but also good to be lucky... I'd say he's doing something right

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not suggesting anything untoward, but did anyone notice how red Dinwiddie's nose was? I wondered if he's been really sick this week or something.... maybe also explains the shakes if he's been ill? 

I've noticed this for a while.  I pointed it out to my wife a few weeks ago and she said he was not aging well.

Hopefully it's nothing serious but it's not just you that noticed.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Didn't say he lost the room...but he is severely hurting team with roster..some decisions...not using a new rule basically cause he doesn't like it...and yeah he got us 2 cups...then lost one...and this yr has had his team not very well prepared too many times to give him any Mulligan's from 'past' success

Pro sports is a what have u done for me now business and from grey cup loss to now...we have regressed...made some poor decisions...one of which is messing with special teams and having to.much pride..ego..whatever it is to revert back....piss poor roster moves on a few fronts...just standing pat and assuming beta from before can bring u back...we went to well now 3 yrs in a row with a lot of 30 something's and strictly special team guys who really aren't adequate backups ...no talent to test anyone brought in and the areas that we did...basically kept none...and yeah I have said myself gotta be good tombe lucky...but luck runs out sooner than later

I have lived thru and seen up close and personal situations like we are evolving into...loved Dave Ritchie like a father but similar stuff was his demise..and internally he was approached and had suggestions to rectify some things...but in good ol' Coach Ritchie  fashion had a unique response to it...something about u gotta dance with the highschool sweetie...or something like that as verbatum escapes me now...and beloved Ritchie fizzled out and was gone....history does repeat if u don't learn from it is all I am saying....

I'm not saying this theory is right or wrong, but to merely play devils advocate. 

Is it possible that him not using the new rule, or staying loyal to players ( roster management ) actually works to his advantage in anyway? 

There may be a locker room effect that the players respect his stubbornness in his ways. I don't know. I type that out and now it sounds like nonsense

I didn't mean to imply that you had said he had lost the room. I was just making note that over a tenure this long typically you see coaches wear out their welcome. Not the case with Mike.

17to85 nailed it, you come off a little strong with some of your wording 

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See it's the hyperbole like this that is what gets you heat.

I could really give a F to be honest ...take what I say how you wish...not to toot a horn...but I have experienced a lot first hand...seen even more...and have to this day still close connections and relationships to the League..so bring the heat...not my problem or care really but like they say sometimes truth hurts...issues abound here..not major overhaul kinds...but let it fester and it will get real interesting 

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I'm not saying this theory is right or wrong, but to merely play devils advocate. 

Is it possible that him not using the new rule, or staying loyal to players ( roster management ) actually works to his advantage in anyway? 

There may be a locker room effect that the players respect his stubbornness in his ways. I don't know. I type that out and now it sounds like nonsense

I didn't mean to imply that you had said he had lost the room. I was just making note that over a tenure this long typically you see coaches wear out their welcome. Not the case with Mike.

17to85 nailed it, you come off a little strong with some of your wording 

I don't mince words and pussyfoot around things...why should I? And like I said before...don't like it..block/mute me...or engage in thought out counter points that are relevant and make sense...not ya but we won 2 cups...and were dominant...yeah...2 yrs ago...things change fast in pro sports...and can swan dive even faster..

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

I could really give a F to be honest ...take what I say how you wish...not to toot a horn...but I have experienced a lot first hand...seen even more...and have to this day still close connections and relationships to the League..so bring the heat...not my problem or care really but like they say sometimes truth hurts...issues abound here..not major overhaul kinds...but let it fester and it will get real interesting 

I don't mince words and pussyfoot around things...why should I? And like I said before...don't like it..block/mute me...or engage in thought out counter points that are relevant and make sense...not ya but we won 2 cups...and were dominant...yeah...2 yrs ago...things change fast in pro sports...and can swan dive even faster..

SIR YES SIR 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

could really give a F to be honest ...take what I say how you wish...not to toot a horn...but I have experienced a lot first hand...seen even more...and have to this day still close connections and relationships to the League..so bring the heat...not my problem or care really but like they say sometimes truth hurts...issues abound here..not major overhaul kinds...but let it fester and it will get real interesting 

Yeah no one doubts your experiences or any of that, but it's the over the top language and hyperbole that people take issue with. Are there roster tweaks that could help? Yup sure are. Is it a severe handicap? Not at this point no. Just making things a little harder on themselves. 

In my estimation You're taking this all very personally and see everyone not in lock step with you as disagreeing with your overall point. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah no one doubts your experiences or any of that, but it's the over the top language and hyperbole that people take issue with. Are there roster tweaks that could help? Yup sure are. Is it a severe handicap? Not at this point no. Just making things a little harder on themselves. 

In my estimation You're taking this all very personally and see everyone not in lock step with you as disagreeing with your overall point. 

Well, that, and the gaslighting, name dropping, name-calling and character attacks on players, coaches, and disagreeing posters, and constant resume reminders that smack of “do you know who I am?”. 

I think Noeller put it best when he said there’s a good debate to be had somewhere, but the extreme positions taken have made it lose all context.

I think we're at a point in our roster cycle where the vets need to be challenged and lose playing time if there is someone who is out performing them.

But we heard Walters say it before this year even started: This group deserves the chance to run it back. 

So, instead of making personel changes, they're adapting the game plan to hide certain weaknesses. More protection in for Zach, Jefferson staying back and attempting to bat down passes rather than get to the QB, DBs playing at greater depth, because they're not expecting the pass rush to get through as fast.

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well, that, and the gaslighting, name dropping, name-calling and character attacks on players, coaches, and disagreeing posters, and constant resume reminders that smack of “do you know who I am?”. 

I think Noeller put it best when he said there’s a good debate to be had somewhere, but the extreme positions taken have made it lose all context.

If only u know my lil friend