Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

They rested Ouellette last week so he could match up against us this week, I'm sure. Kelly will play most if not all of our game to prove a point. I hope we absolutely slaughter these assholes, both in score and physically. If like to see some smirks wiped off faces. Having said that, I do not trust this year's Bombers at all. 

This is the biggest game of the year. After a tough loss and a bye, at home in front of a sell out crowd vs the team that dethroned the bombers last year and the no1 team in the league. 
 This will be the biggest indicator game for us. We should come out fast and hard  while the Argos have every reason to be soft. We also still have the wf on the line.

Lots of keys to success here. We gotta get consistent pressure on Kelly and with 5 or less rushers. We have to make him pay to stand in the pocket and make him uncomfortable. But we can’t sell out blitzes all the time and give him easy first down passes.
The key to this is going to be dressing extra imp dl. 

Toronto loves to run outside/wide zone. The key step stopping their run isn’t as much going to be dl, it’s going to be about kyrie and biggie not getting washed out and filling the off tackle gap getting off blocks etc. 

Or dbs needs to do a better job of not selling out for picks (especially Houston) and hits (especially ba) or biting on fakes. We also need to get back to the gang tackling that made our secondary formidable. 

We have to protect Zach, and not get deep ball punch drunk. Gotta take what the D gives us, and pound the rock. 

Kick cover has sucked this year to put it lightly. We need to get back to our regular cover scheme, and stay lane disciplined. 

Edited by wbbfan

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honestly I'm not sure this is as big a deal as some are making it out to be. The BC game is FAR more important. This game means little other than bragging rights.

Anyhow, for this week...

Bc is a huge game too, they have crapskatchewan and we have the same record. Ssk us ham cal vs tor bc and the elk who are suddenly on a heater. We get a bye then they have one in the last week. If we lose vs tor the wf will likely be wrapped up before the last game of the year. Unless bc really craps the bed. 

Losing back to back games this late in the season would also be a huge step back at the worst time. 

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can't be too mad at a rookie making his first start. 07 I am mad at the veteran star running back who was God awful because he was hung the **** over.

I'm mad at both. Dinwiddie played terrible and on the last drive should have ran instead of tossing it up and getting picked for the third time.

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm mad at both. Dinwiddie played terrible and on the last drive should have ran instead of tossing it up and getting picked for the third time.

He had so much room to run. I was so emotionally amped up on that drive that when he threw the pick I swear my roof shook.

Based on my observations over the past few seasons, we tend to play like a lamb leading up to bye weeks but transform into a lion (the ones with majestic manes) after the break. I can't help but feel sorry for the Argonauts, as it seems we'll be putting up quite the impressive performance (50 burger?).

This week, let's focus on manifesting positivity, and a victory will surely follow.

Time to man up in the next two.....We need to make a serious statement in both games to show that this club still has the nads to get it done....Coming off of a bye week helps AND IF we play with the proper roster we have a good chance of taking the Argo and B.C. tilt.....T.O. has nothing to gain in the standings and that's too bad, where the Lions have almost everything on the line....Should be a couple of solid 'playoff type' action in the B.C. game for sure, and a lot to prove in the Argo game ....especially in front of our hometown fans....Go get em Bombers

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kick cover has sucked this year to put it lightly. We need to get back to our regular cover scheme, and stay lane disciplined. 

No need to sugar coat this.  The kick cover is atrocious.    I would also add that Zach needs to stop forcing the damn ball and trust his reads.   Ball security is gonna be paramount this game.

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

Honestly I'm not sure this is as big a deal as some are making it out to be. The BC game is FAR more important. This game means little other than bragging rights.

1000%.   Even if we lose to TO,  the BC game will determine first place in the west.   The season series is what matters.   That being said,  Bombers need to play some consistent ball now!

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

To be fair, one of the James Johnson interceptions wasn't really an interception. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Can't be too mad at a rookie making his first start. 07 I am mad at the veteran star running back who was God awful because he was hung the **** over.

Turns the ball over anything less than 5 times and I feel pretty good about winning that game.

I’m also miffed at Doug Berry for not getting him any game action throughout the year.