Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

they are all big now......and the one with the Argo's even tho they may rest a few guys is key...and huge....They don't want to lose, and have doubt there, any more than we do. 

Kelly is gonna play, and he is gonna wanna see how they stack up against this defense and what they may need to work on, or look to attack if we meet again. This game won't be a game of hiding scheme and gameplan...15 games into the season is basically what you are save for a few lil tweeks here and there, and that like any game is a in game adjustment and how do you counter.

We need this win to keep pressure as I can't see them losing to Sadskatewan....so next week should be a battle for who is 12-4 and who is 11 and 5 going into our bye

BC then needs to keep pace with a win against Hamilton who is fighting for their playoff position as well, and even tho looked like crap last week they aren't the tire fire they were, and being in the Hammer will be a tough task for the lions

We need to sweep these next 2 games basically to be able to breathe easy, so it's time to see if we are who we were....or if we are a team with flaws.....significant enough that if we need to win 2 playoff games to get back to the Cup it is far...farrrrr from a given...We have had too many games this yr where it asks the question of how bad have we regressed

I'm not nearly as concerned with locking up 1st place as some others are. I might have been had we been fighting against CGY or SSK. But I feel just fine with this team going into BC place for the West Final if need be. We have at least 1 playoff game here. The rest is gravy imo. They got to the show, now get healthy and get ready for the playoffs from here on out.

I know that's not really how the Team will see it. But that's how I feel. This team has heavy 2019 vibes lol

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Getting into the fall and weather being an issue for playoffs.  

It might even be better for our offense to play in doors for the west final...

Our offense in years past has struggled in bad weather games. 

this is true and I don't disagree, but who wants to take the chance of an extra game? I'll take one game to get into the Cup over having to play 2...

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Getting into the fall and weather being an issue for playoffs.  

It might even be better for our offense to play in doors for the west final...

Our offense in years past has struggled in bad weather games. 

True....But I think our offence, and QB with BO tenderizing meat all game would fare much better than the VAJ and their group of receivers and slight RB....Not to mention our  oline and BO pounding that undersized dline into ground chuck.....all happening with deafening noise all around them

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

One game and that game is at home. 

I almost take this as a bit of a cop out on the Argo's, as I bet even with their full squad, we were gonna beat them, possibly handily....not so much as to not show their cards, as all teams cards are well known now, but moreso for the "yeah but" part

I wonder if that isn't just games being played in TO. I expect Kelly to start the game, and if things aren't going well perhaps they pull him out rather than risking an injury. As another poster said, they're pretty thin at the QB spot. Oh, and I fully expect us to put a beat down on these guys. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would prefer that we don't have to play on the road in BC. We might be rolling, but I prefer to see the Lions OUTSIDE in November and not in their cushy dome. Plus, more games means more chance for injuries and less recovery time. 

kitten-cat.gif

Yup. Bringing the Kitties out here on the tundra in November after theyve been vacationing all season in their dome will be a shock to their system. Theyll be snuggling on the sidelines, not wanting to get hit, trying to get their innies to turn back into outies, and so forth.

Argos have only one actual practice this week (tomorrow). Today's was described as a "walk-through." Chances are they will have a very vanilla game plan, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few other key players (in addition to Kelly) sit this one out. They're probably more interested in playing a full-ish lineup on Oct. 6 when they celebrate the team's 150th birthday. And then they'll likely use the last three games to rest some guys, try to stay semi-sharp, etc.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Argo fans making excuses well in advance, the whole team sounds like it has the blue flu... pathetic. Not sure how a team running scared from it's only potential regular season challenge is a good thing.

The only real excuses this week would be if the Bombers fail to capitalize on beating the Champions who are in effect, serving themselves up on a double blue platter for it.

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

The only real excuses this week would be if the Bombers fail to capitalize on beating the Champions who are in effect, serving themselves up on a double blue platter for it.

Yep. Argos are almost certainly gonna lose, and they don't care, so why should we? Bomber fans should be happy they're being gifted a win. If I were running the Argos I'd have fielded a full lineup for this game, and used meaningless games upcoming to rest guys. But fortunately for all concerned, I'm not running the Argos.

Argos have had the softest schedule in the CFL this year....BY FAR...resting guys...lmao. Sorry, but until you have played the Bombers you have not faced the CFL's measuring stick. 12-1...beating up on the Ottawa's and Hamilton's of the CFL. If the Argos were in the West they are behind the Bombers and Lions in the standings. 

Edited by GCn20

22 minutes ago, bluto said:

In case you've missed it, folks here have been talking a lot about the Bombers issues this season. And have been for quite some time. 

If they lose, it's because they **** the bed again, which has been a common theme too often this season.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Argos have had the softest schedule in the CFL this year....BY FAR...resting guys...lmao. Sorry, but until you have played the Bombers you have not faced the CFL's measuring stick. 12-1...beating up on the Ottawa's and Hamilton's of the CFL. If the Argos are in the West they are behind the Bombers and Lions in the standings.

1 game vs. The lions and 1 vs. The Bombers... just sad that this is the level of catering the argos get.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

In case you've missed it, folks here have been talking a lot about the Bombers issues this season. And have been for quite some time. 

If they lose, it's because they **** the bed again, which has been a common theme too often this season.

1 game vs. The lions and 1 vs. The Bombers... just sad that this is the level of catering the argos get.

Yep, and being in the East they get the full slate against Hamilton, Ottawa, and Montreal every year. Just a joke of a schedule really in comparison to any of the Western teams.

Oh ffs, argos fans coming in here letting us know our team doesn't care about this game so we don't, we going to lose, we aren't showing you anything, we're serving up our depth, if you can't beat our depth with vanilla packages oh boy.

Whatever. And they wonder why its so chilly here for them at a WBB site.