Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue In BC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blue In BC

  1. I don't get why we don't attempt a pass to Daniels every now and again. Daniels, MCI, Clercius and so on are essentially just pylons on the field in Bomber jerseys. No offensive output and our QB is sacked more often than potatoes being prepped for retail.
  2. Yup. I think many of us thought the same thing going into TC. Too many decisions were pre-determined. 3 Canadian receivers was a starting point for failure on offence as an example. The downward spiral since 2022 that you mentioned should have been a wake up call.
  3. Why would they do that. Ratio would allow just benching Womack and starting 3 import receivers. We've been using a Canadian safety, SAM and DT in various combination. At times 6 Canadian starters on offence. So zero issues in 3 import receivers.
  4. We study the film and work on improving things we did wrong. We add more LB's to the PR and / or the AR. O'Shea tells us players are working hard and we're on the right path? lol
  5. No kidding. I thought they'd add Stuart as a player that might be able to take on the roll Ball filled. I also thought adding Texada instead of Hazen might be useful helping coverage issues. Essentially any other choice would have made more sense than leaving Hazen on the AR. I don't expect him to take one defensive snap.
  6. Collaros moved to 6 game IR suggests he won't be practising next week. O'Shea didn't think he'd be there for the entire 6 game stint but didn't suggest how long it might be before he can return. I'm not disagreeing that is a bad decision but it puts us in the same depth problem we had before trading for Brown. If Brown is injured, we're starting a rookie at QB until Collaros can return. The bigger question in my mind is whether Collaros should ever play another game and further risk his long term health. He missed games last year with the same issue and it's a cumulative problem. Add in the concussion history makes me think he's taking a big risk. Having traded for Brown was fortunate timing but I would have made the same comment regardless.
  7. Why did we add Hazen to the AR? Did he play on ST's or spend the entire game on the bench? We had an opportunity to add another import receiver or DB in case we had an in game injury.
  8. Why isn't Shay getting reps? Did we make a mistake drafting him as high as we did? Jenkins is essentially a rookie as far as experience. I'm not in a position to say he's better or worse that Reese or Dixon ( when healthy ) but we have several inexperienced players in the front 4. Add Fletcher into the mix. Nobody has had instant success but too early to tell who will have a CFL career. I don't have a problem with Smith or Shay getting reps but it's as much about mediocre performance from our LB's a whole than having seen something from either quite yet.
  9. We'll move a QB to the reserve list. I'd expect that to be Brown for a couple of weeks and then Elgersma.
  10. Of course that's how the ratio works whether he's a full time starter or not. Daniels comes on and a Canadian receiver comes off. If the TE is an American then an import receiver comes off. Obviously in order to make room for an import TE then someone like Ayers would have to come off. Regardless, that TE would have to be capable of being an offensive weapon and not just an extra blocker. You even suggested that requirement. At the moment we've already switched to a 3 Canadian receiver in order to have 3 import OL. The only other option is to replace an import OL for a Canadian for those snaps a import TE is used. There are only 4 DI roster spots which is the bigger issue IMO. We're already NOT choosing to have a receiver as a DI. We CHOOSE to draft a Canadian TE as part of the equation forming the ratio and use of our DI's.
  11. Daniels is a Canadian so he is a ratio advantage. Yes we could have found a better import in that role but it would have cost us a starter elsewhere.
  12. He could have given up a point because a FG would still win the game and we'd start at the 40 yard line anyway.
  13. Smart move yes but O'Shea won't move away from Ayers to open another spot.
  14. Yeah, those are among my thoughts as well. I am leaning towards Kelly as the odd man out and Stuart in for ST work and versatility. Munier-Bailey is an asset. Gatkouth makes the roster almost by default. I like the idea of Jenkins and Dixon both on the roster. What this means for Fletcher or Young is probably PR to start the season?
  15. Was it Clinton or Cretsinger that had the pic 6? I thought it was Cretsinger. We're likely to retain 1 or more on the PR anyway. Didn't we have a defensive player that had a scoop and score in pre season last year only to get released? He was in the right place at the right time against a back up QB. So he gets some credit and perhaps more than immediately obvious. Hard to say, but we do need extras on the PR and those 2 are ahead of Addison IMO. To some degree it also depends on whether we bump K. Wilson and or Ayers from the game roster. If they are here on reserve or 1 game IR, then less need for 2 many LB's on the PR.
  16. I don't think Vaval will be the starting CB and I don't think we'll use a DI spot for a DB. It's all LB's, Castillo and Vaval as DI's. We didn't have 2 import DT's last year or the year before IIRC. It's easy to do that if they just stop using an extra spot for Ayers.
  17. I'm not opposed to starting Smith at WIL. However I think Woodbey would be the next man. If we do that, then I'd replace K. Wilson with another import DT where we're really thing. The whole nationalized import is of limited value IMO. The players listed ( except Wilson ) will be starting virtually every down barring injury. It's of value if you have a veteran as a back up but it comes at the cost of another import that could give more reps without any count limitation. Smith didn't get many reps on defence last year. Going from that to starting regardless of upside is interesting and pros may outweigh cons. I think Singer made the AR on the weekend even if that was still in question before the game. He's just way better and more versatile than Cobb or Corcoran.
  18. How would we get Fletcher on the AR? He may be better than Kornelson but it's a ratio issue on how to do that. The Canadians that can rotate on defence doesn't change that dilemma. I predicted both rookie kickers would go to the PR to start the season. Does Sheehan have trade value? I don't see 2 punters on the roster at the same time. We'll see who does most of the punting in the next game. I agree we CAN'T have 3 Canadian receivers starting. Not much to choose for a 3rd import except for Singer who played well. I didn't get the impression we're planing on a 3 import OL so that frees up making Singer a starting receiver. When has making sense played into some of O'Shea's choices. Injured previously or not, it's a short practice week and final cuts this weekend.
  19. I don't know if Vaval is really being considered to start at CB. He might be capable but he's very valuable as our returner and can be an in game injury replacement if necessary. You'd think one of the remaining 6 or 7 rookie import DB's will win that role. Or they are giving serious thought to moving Allen and shuffling the SAM and safety roles. Reports from TC might suggest who is winning which battles.
  20. The norm is to sign them now so they can attend rookie camp. Yes we'll be adding and deleting as TC progresses, but we're a little thin at some roster spots.
  21. I'm surprised we haven't signed a few more players after the tryout camps. IIRC we've only added 2 newbies. Yes we're a bit short on a few more import WR's.
  22. Our draft in on April 28th and still no word on the 2025 SMS spend. IMO that suggests nobody is over or if so only by a nominal amount. Why they can't just report this info in a business like fashion is bush league.
  23. I'm not sure his suspension starts ticking down until he's under contract. Anyway, it was a minimum 6 games and could be more. Not a great opportunity for other teams to considering a player not available for that extended period.
  24. Bombers post $12.1M profit in 2025. Excellent work and support by the fans selling out every game.
  25. I wasn't expecting any team to lose a draft choice or to go over the SMS by any significant amount or at all. OTOH it would be interesting to see the results and compare the SMS spend to the standings. The problem is we only see overages. Even that isn't a direct relationship to season ending roster. Money left could be spent re-signing players and that could include and overage I'd like to see what each team spent after final game and then amount spent in December before free agency.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.