LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

If I'm paying my hard earned money for something I expect to have a good time, I expect to enjoy myself, I expect to get my money's worth so with sports I expect a win.  I'm not naive  enough tho think that's going to happen every time  

I guess why would I waste my money if I didn't think my team was gonna win (bombers Jets Seabears Fish whoever). I have a pretty solid career record at bombers Jets and home games for winnipeg based teams, vikings I'm 0 for 2 ffs. 

I'd like to think me being positive at the game or watching brings good vibes. We have enough negativity in the world already and lots of negative people also. 

But I have no say in the end cuz on any given Sunday ish 

So basically it's about those good good good good vibrations 

Edited by Goalie

57 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Even in the shittiest of shitty years I never took the mentality of expecting a loss. Choose to look for reasons they can win instead. 

When Kevin Glenn's arm was broken in '07, I was banking on a couple pick 6s in the GC

Hey Noeller, we were playing the Riders

#ldcrelated 

as I thought.....Haba....Hansen...Clements all fully dressed and participating in practice today.....Grant running sprint drills....I bet all 4 could be in the BB lineup...but 3 likely

Haba...Hansen..Grant in,,,Mcrae..Jackson...Mauro out.....now wouldn't that be a boost all around

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

TBurg called and said what do you mean? There is an alternative?

It's not the least bit exhausting nor depressing to look at things positively, negatively or realistically. It's just something that positrons say when they don't have facts on their side. It's like religions. If you don't have facts, argue the other person must be wrong anyway. 

Edited by TBURGESS

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

as I thought.....Haba....Hansen...Clements all fully dressed and participating in practice today.....Grant running sprint drills....I bet all 4 could be in the BB lineup...but 3 likely

Haba...Hansen..Grant in,,,Mcrae..Jackson...Mauro out.....now wouldn't that be a boost all around

None will be since they need to miss one more game to get to the 6th game.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

None will be since they need to miss one more game to get to the 6th game.

after this weekends game they will have sat out the 6....so they could be back...thats why u let them practices' after the 5th game to get them game ready

Edited by Booch

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

DT said he doesn’t think Grant is close, but is encouraging to see him out there

yeah that one I doubt...But Haba been out since week 4....Hansen on second stint, so I could see him come off early as he on a shittyassed global del and a paperboy makes as much as him...so whoopity do there....

Clements will have served his 6th game after the LDC and from seeing him the last few weeks...he more than ready to step back in if need be

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

DT said he doesn’t think Grant is close, but is encouraging to see him out there

this is all I was hoping to see from him this week... just running around and testing out the foot. He'll be a bit yet, but hopefully in top shape for playoffs.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

It's not the least bit exhausting nor depressing to look at things positively, negatively or realistically. It's just something that positrons say when they don't have facts on their side. It's like religions. If you don't have facts, argue the other person must be wrong anyway. 

Just to make our heads spin and to test potential irony here, do we have an agreed upon definition of your term positron and what validated and reliable facts do you have to support this claim about them?

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Even in the shittiest of shitty years I never took the mentality of expecting a loss. Choose to look for reasons they can win instead. 

Exactly. There is nothing happening Sunday that we haven’t gone through before . I said it last year and I will say it this year - we won a Grey Cup against Hamilton in Hamilton. The circumstances will never be tougher than that. 

I’ve been there for Labour Day when we got caught by Butler - and when we smoked them in front of expanded seating the next year. 

I don’t remember anything about the crowd either time except how quiet it was in the blowout with the exception of Bomber fans having a great time. 

Edited by Geebrr

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Exactly. There is nothing happening Sunday that we haven’t gone through before . I said it last year and I will say it this year - we won a Grey Cup against Hamilton in Hamilton. The circumstances will never be tougher than that. 

I’ve been there for Labour Day when we got caught by Butler - and when we smoked them in front of expanded seating the next year. 

I don’t remember anything about the crowd either time except how quiet it was in the blowout with the exception of Bomber fans having a great time. 

Big crowds...big games...enemy territory doesn't phase this squad ...and we have easily managed that fake Sask crowd noise now...they need to try a different fake noise

I went to the 2019 Cup not expecting a win (I had more hope going into the 2011 Cup, the other time I went to the game), but feeling like I needed to be there just in case we beat what turned out to be paper Tigercats. Suffice to say I'm very glad I went. 

Hope for the best, expect the worst, and sometimes you get to see the first Grey Cup win since you were 8 years old.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Big crowds...big games...enemy territory doesn't phase this squad ...and we have easily managed that fake Sask crowd noise now...they need to try a different fake noise

I just get nervous before games, In the old days before TSN broadcast all CFL games on tv as good as Bob Irving was, I hated the radio broadcasts & seeing the game in my head as Bob described the action. Lots of times I had to turn the game off only to worry even more about the score when I turned it back on a few minutes later. It's like I'd live & die all at once. Since I can watch all games now & actually see the action unfold in real time, my stress level has dropped substantially.