Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread

Noeller

1 hour ago, Bombertown said:

Parker was a projected starter at corner due to injuries. Holm was projected starter at half. We haven’t seen Parker on field in nearly a year against a real team so saying he’s better than holm who has improved immensely in the last year isn’t a possible comparison. 2023 holm is better than 2022 parker. I can remember parker having more than a bit to work on last season. 

No...Rose and Lawrence were projected corners...like Grey Cup...west final and last few games of yr

Parker had 7 starts last yr...and more games overall compared to Holms 4....so not sure what u were watching to determine Parker hadn't played a "real" team in over a year..nice try tho 

And 2023 Parker is better than 2022 Parker too...Parker is also one best pure tacklers on team...and showed it a lot last yr...again...not sure what you were watching...also...do u not think other players have improved immensely?? Have you been to practice to watch? I have...also have talked with coaches in the spring and were looking forward to Parker's continuation...and he also played lights out in preseason until hurt....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

No...Rose and Lawrence were projected corners...like Grey Cup...west final and last few games of yr

Parker had 7 starts last yr...and more games overall compared to Holms 4....so not sure what u were watching to determine Parker hadn't played a "real" team in over a year..nice try tho 

And 2023 Parker is better than 2022 Parker too...Parker is also one best pure tacklers on team...and showed it a lot last yr...again...not sure what you were watching...also...do u not think other players have improved immensely?? Have you been to practice to watch? I have...also have talked with coaches in the spring and were looking forward to Parker's continuation...and he also played lights out in preseason until hurt....

Edit: my bad, I do believe he did rotate at halfback in preseason, but corner was likely going to be his spot due to rose injury. 

When I said a year, I mean he has not played a non preseason game on D since 2022, I still stand by that. 

Edited by Bombertown

1 hour ago, Booch said:

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/burning-questions-what-to-watch-for-in-winnipeg-blue-bombers-training-camp/wcm/cbb3c06a-bb75-44a0-8645-b41da671c1a1/amp/

Case you don't "believe" me....he played and was highly regarded like Alford and Nichols....where is the Holm mention?

I wouldn’t have mentioned Holm’s name as a projected starter pre-preseason this year either. His rookie year was just ok.

I could attach some articles of during preseason about holm…but I think those were shared enough 😂 

The sun using Parker’s name in the same sentence as Alford and Nichols to me is so laughable. Parker is good for sure, but not legend like them omfg. 

1 hour ago, Bombertown said:

Edit: my bad, I do believe he did rotate at halfback in preseason, but corner was likely going to be his spot due to rose injury. 

When I said a year, I mean he has not played a non preseason game on D since 2022, I still stand by that. 

Well....nobody had/has...

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So... in street clothes until one of the other QBs gets dinged? 

Do I remember correctly, that the Bombers during Mike Kelly era actually had one game where all three of their QBs went down?

I don't think so.... I remember a home game against Toronto where we played all three - LeFors, Bryan Randall, and Richie Williams. And they were all terrible, though that wasn't really their fault. Michael Bishop was signed shortly thereafter.

Joe Mack era I recall we had a game where Pierce and Brink both got hurt and Joey Elliott had to play. Next game after that I believe they dressed Joey Elliott, Justin Goltz, and Zac Champion at QB as a result.

Update for today/tonight:

Today Cloudy. Rain beginning this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Local smoke. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 19. UV index 1 or low.

Tonight

Rain ending near midnight then partly cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low 7.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Today Cloudy. Rain beginning this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Local smoke. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 19. UV index 1 or low.

Tonight

Rain ending near midnight then partly cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low 7.

Hooray for rain!!!

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's definitely needed... but won't be a fun sit at shitty ol' McMahon tonight. And I'm curious how it's going to even up the game for the lousy Stamps...

Curious if there will be another weather delayed game tonight if it's a thunderstorm.

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Tonight

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's definitely needed... but won't be a fun sit at shitty ol' McMahon tonight. And I'm curious how it's going to even up the game for the lousy Stamps...

We don’t need to worry about things we can’t control 😉

Calgary’s DL is terrible. Calgary’s OL is terrible. 

We will do whatever we want to do. 

Edited by Geebrr

no, but there's no reason to believe it's false. It was the same situation with VAJ a couple weeks back. He didn't dress, but was listed as QB3, then when Evans got hurt, VAJ dressed at half time and came out to hold the clipboard the rest of the way. I expect similar for Collaros tonight. 

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

no, but there's no reason to believe it's false. It was the same situation with VAJ a couple weeks back. He didn't dress, but was listed as QB3, then when Evans got hurt, VAJ dressed at half time and came out to hold the clipboard the rest of the way. I expect similar for Collaros tonight. 

agreed. I just find Austin to be annoying and would love to see Collaros start tonight lol