Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread

Noeller

8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

200.gif

That's not mirroring. That's 4 qbs doing drills with a coach. Mirroring is when the backup qb runs the plays in his head behind Dru Brown while the starter goes through his reads & fakes & throws or hands off the ball with his offensive unit. So Zach goes thru the motions running the plays in his head while Brown actually does it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

what's wrong with the secondary? 

Honestly if it's a trap game it'd be because a young qb makes too many mistakes. 

Don't know yet if Brown can put together another big game at qb if Zach is out.  (Hoping but not sure). Maier & Dickenson are being skewered by fans on social media for not pushing the ball downfield. Maier may have something to prove to the naysayers in Calgary. Stamps could be highly motivated at home. They have two running backs who are fast in Carey & Mills. A decent receiving corps. I just hope we aren't over confident as we could have the Lions in chase mode the rest of the season if we keep winning.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

what's wrong with the secondary? 

Honestly if it's a trap game it'd be because a young qb makes too many mistakes. 

yeh stats wise we are basically one of the...if the not top secondary believe it or not....I'm not too concerned there....I more concerned with dline depth and rotation, and the averageness of a few back-ups more than anythiung with the prospect of both Mills and Carey splitting reps

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

200.gif

the mirroring they refer to, is ZC right in behind DB as he goes through the plays, seeing and locating the reads for what they are scheming , so he knows what they are trying to accomplish. Much like they have done with some defensive backs this yr during the game plan install

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's not mirroring. That's 4 qbs doing drills with a coach. Mirroring is when the backup qb runs the plays in his head behind Dru Brown while the starter goes through his reads & fakes & throws or hands off the ball with his offensive unit. So Zach goes thru the motions running the plays in his head while Brown actually does it. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

the mirroring they refer to, is ZC right in behind DB as he goes through the plays, seeing and locating the reads for what they are scheming , so he knows what they are trying to accomplish. Much like they have done with some defensive backs this yr during the game plan install

Sorry about that, was not trying to be literal with the visual, just couldn’t find a gig of a guy just standing there watching, lol. 

Seriously though, appreciate the clarification. Would Zach do any mimicking of the footwork or read progressions by turning his head and body, or is it purely a watching exercise?

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sorry about that, was not trying to be literal with the visual, just couldn’t find a gig of a guy just standing there watching, lol. 

Seriously though, appreciate the clarification. Would Zach do any mimicking of the footwork or read progressions by turning his head and body, or is it purely a watching exercise?

yeah unless someone was specifically filmin it and posted it....likely you wont see it, unless u attend practice....happens a lot in Canada as well with new guys coming up mid season to get a feel for whats going on...especially with d-backs

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Would like to see a D lineman or 2 added to the roster this week.  As others have said, Calgary’s run game could be a problem.  Would be nice to have a good rotation on the line.

well.... We do have 2 available...Fox and Garbutt....and we all know we have a DA spot being wasted....so technically we can

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Kinda off topic... was there any supplemental discipline for the D-man that landed on Zach's head, causing him to miss these two practices?   The very definition of RTP, and the CFL still managed to screw it up... twice!

The CFL had a statement released saying it was not a penalty.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The CFL had a statement released saying it was not a penalty.

What the hell universe are these yokels reviewing in.....I have totally lost confidence in anything they have to say....That was a bloody penalty and they know it.....Trying to bull$hit and save face at Zack's and our expense....garbage

Edited by Stickem

Just now, BomberBall said:

Yup, Those are the 2 I was referring to…. I’m hopeful they bolster the DL, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

if we add a guy...I can totally see Osh adding Shmuckel....just cause he a Canadian they drafted...lol

Mills and Carey together....with zero quality depth to rotate in makes me feel very uneasy...Bennet prob had his best game of yr last game, but hey it was the Elks, so who knows if thats just a direct result of the competition....even so....still not good enough depth, especially if one of the Jeff's goes down