Bombers at Ottawa

Jpan85

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Now here's a question.... Malik Clements has been playing pretty well. I am a huge Kyrie Wilson fan, but does he automatically come in for Clements when healthy?

They’ve been using a DI spot for Cole so likely would be both for a bit anyway.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Now here's a question.... Malik Clements has been playing pretty well. I am a huge Kyrie Wilson fan, but does he automatically come in for Clements when healthy?

Yes. Clements is serviceable but Wilson was one of the best LB's in the league when he went down last year. He's a game changer.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yes. Clements is serviceable but Wilson was one of the best LB's in the league when he went down last year. He's a game changer.

But coming off Achilles.  Hard to know what level he’ll be at.  First year back guys usually struggle, second year back better if their body lasts.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah...if Wilson is back...Its a no brainer...that being said room for both on roster...and rotation...different sets with both on filed....will only make us better having both on roster

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

But coming off Achilles.  Hard to know what level he’ll be at.  First year back guys usually struggle, second year back better if their body lasts.

sometimes yeah...Old man Larry Dean did it well for the Riders...so I sure Wilson who is a way better athlete shoud be okay...if not...he's a nice rotational piece as he gets himself back to where he was

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The realm of Achilles tendon ruptures is daunting, and carries a high potential of reinjury. So we need to keep Clements at the ready and on the roster until Wilson has been tested in the heat of battle. No sense to test our luck and fate.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I'd think Wilson will be eased back.

Yeah I'd think Wilson will be eased back.

Yeah, I'm Thinking I'm Back

36 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The realm of Achilles tendon ruptures is daunting, 

Jeremiah Masoli says hold my beer.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Grant’s injury not at the worst time, allows them to flip that DI spot to the secondary and have someone like 15 return punts, McCrae can probably handle kickoffs and missed FGs.

Put Parker or Rose on if they are ready.

McCrae better start doing some wind sprints and putting down the Hagen Daz if he's expected to take the rock 115 yards.  He ran out of gas last game at about the 10...

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Solar plexus injury

is that close to the thorax?

If I remember correctly,  Clements started off strong but faded down the stretch... to the point of not sure he was even playing games. Perhaps Wilson back is good for both Wilson and Clements. Keeps Malik fresher and when he's on, he's real solid. Cole being sts demon likely means someone else comes off but who. Any update on Miller? 

Edited by Goalie

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Lost track of which Cole they kept, is it the one that returned kicks pretty well or the S.T. demon?

I'm not sure what qualifies to be an ST demon.
Brian Cole made 3 ST tackles last week and now dubbed as an ST demon.
Meanwhile Cadwallader made 4 ST tackles vs the Riders and currently lead the team with 7 but no one talked about it. 
Rookie backup safety Kelly made 3 ST tackles vs the Als and was also the last blocker on Grant TD return but no one talked about it also. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

32 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm not sure what qualifies to be an ST demon.
Brian Cole made 3 ST tackles last week and now dubbed as an ST demon.
Meanwhile Cadwallader made 4 ST tackles vs the Riders and currently lead the team with 7 but no one talked about it. 
Rookie backup safety Kelly made 3 ST tackles vs the Als and was also the last blocker on Grant TD return but no one talked about it also. 

3 tackles a blocked kick a forced fumble and nearly blocked two more. He also made plays that set up tackles a couple more times. Dudes a beast on teams. Kelly wasn’t rushing the punter racking up tackles either. 

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kelly already in that kick side contain spot.  Doubt we see him come out unless he gets injured.  Even Exume back didn't displace him from that spot last week.

Exume was right back in same spot they had him on kicks in 2019

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

3 tackles a blocked kick a forced fumble and nearly blocked two more. He also made plays that set up tackles a couple more times. Dudes a beast on teams. Kelly wasn’t rushing the punter racking up tackles either. 

He was a stud on teams last yr too

20 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

No Grant or Dru Brown at practice.

According to the Free Press, Brown also missed Friday's game for non-football reasons (I guess we just went with two QBs). I hope everything is okay for him.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/2023/07/11/back-up-to-speed

Edited by kschach
Adding the article link