Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I'm glad we in a dog fight now...may eradicate the complacency and make us actually have romdo some tweeks...best thing ever was the Lions to win....barely....we will now see if we are legit champion Calibre 

I agree. Needing to fight for first is the best thing for the Bombers.

On 2023-09-23 at 3:05 AM, Atomic said:

I'm glad we've locked up a home playoff game at least.  Still hoping it's the west final. The last couple years' home playoff games have been such incredible experiences. We've been getting spoiled with 3 straight home playoff games but don't forget prior to 2021 our last home playoff game was in 2011 (the Chris Garrett game). A full decade between games and now we get 3 in a row. You just can't beat playoff football at home in the hostile cold.

We hosted Edmonton in the West semi in 2017. 

On 2023-09-23 at 9:19 AM, Stickem said:

YUP.....walking away with the west last year did not end well for us....Nothing like having to fight for a position in the standings, to keep your edge, going into post  reg. season

If we had a field goal kicker who didn't pee his pants everytime he had to make an important kick, we'd have won last year's Grey Cup. Sure, the kick was blocked. But as Matt Dunigan said in TSN's 2023 season preview the day before the season opened, the kick was wide to the left anyway had it not been blocked. It came off Marc Liegghio's foot with too low a trajectory & that was why it was blocked.

We could have fought all we wanted & won every battle all season in 2022. We could have been the most game ready team in CFL history & it wouldn't have mattered. In the end though, it came down to one thing. Losing a championship because Marc Liegghio couldn't handle the pressure. When he was needed the most, Lieghhio had one job & didn't do it. He never stepped up. He fell down. We  all knew that if he was put in that position, Liegghio would choke. I know I felt what happened was inevitable as I screamed obscenities at my television. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-09-08 at 6:34 PM, wbbfan said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cal-linebacker-kuony-deng-is-a-prospect-with-loaded-potential/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/quinton-bell/32004245-4c52-8610-7855-43ab9e547ed6

Deng is a monster athlete with good size. Bell is a bit light but an out of this world athlete and 6’6. Very Willy j career path. 
Martin is a former 4 star recruit with monster athleticism and good size. After the army he struggled with snaps at some good schools. Strong pet project type. Wilson reminds me a bit of grant 

All 4 are highly desirable developmental guys and likely to kick around the nfl for a bit. We’d be damn lucky to get one of the dl. 

Deng has been signed so looking forward to seeing what he can do.

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Deng has been signed so looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Pretty awesome get. Reminds me a lot of Willy. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah but...how you get him on?...We all know the Seal is wasting a spot and Osh seems to just wanna keep a wastin' it

this is always the rub. But if mos doesn’t manage the roster better starting this week we are in for a bitter disappointment at year end. 

so just looking ahead to playoffs...... they've moved the non-Grey Cup Game playoff games to Saturday this year. West Final would be 3:30 on the Saturday afternoon.... apparently the Jets host Dallas that afternoon at 3pm. If everything works out the way we hope, hopefully they're able to make something work between the leagues there. Though, depending on the weather, I still think the Bombers could sell out even with a Jets game at the same time...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so just looking ahead to playoffs...... they've moved the non-Grey Cup Game playoff games to Saturday this year. West Final would be 3:30 on the Saturday afternoon.... apparently the Jets host Dallas that afternoon at 3pm. If everything works out the way we hope, hopefully they're able to make something work between the leagues there. Though, depending on the weather, I still think the Bombers could sell out even with a Jets game at the same time...

Between ticket prices and the relative recent success of the teams, I think the conflict is worse for the Jets, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

If they were a healthy team in 2017 they had the team to win the Grey Cup but losing Leggett and Adams, having Dressler having to play with a messed up hand they were in tough.

Don’t think so. We were super reliant on medlock and that was his toughest year here. 
 we really struggled to perform up to expectations in the play offs before 19. I don’t think that team finds a way to win it all. 

Reality for the Jets 

Bombers are more fan friendly family friendly and affordable and better bang for your buck. 

Jets are for the rich. Not really but in reality 

Bombers season tix for 5 years = maybe 1 year for Jets  

Choice is obvious 

For the W over pouting whining ******* every day 

Edited by Goalie

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Watch the Bombers cream the Lions or watch the Jets get speed bagged by Dallas...tough choice....