CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

??..we lost one home game this year and have been dominating in the others. We are 9-2 on the season, and have the most explosive offence and defence that has really been getting better week in and week out. This is a team that is the most dangerous Bomber team in recent years imo. Heck we can even make mistakes and still win big.

Yeah we seem to be able to overcome dumb mistakes...tho I dont like seeing the amount that are occurring this yr

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The guy seems he's an 'injury waiting to happen'.....I'd be careful bringing in a 30 yr. old with that injury history

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/08/25/bob-dyce-believes-better-coaching-not-personnel-changes-the-answer-for-redblacks-porous-secondary/

dyce is a great guy and leader. I hope they do well enough for him to be kept on. 

If he’s not, let’s scoop him up right away and find a spot for him no matter what. BD and KJ have always looked fantastic in Blue and Gold.

On 2023-08-23 at 2:31 PM, Tracker said:

Amazing, considering that the product on the field is the worst we've seen in years.

I think I heard Marshall Ferguson say last night's crowd was the biggest for the Argos this season. I have noticed the attendance is more this season than the last few years but still a loooong way to go. Anyone notice that Ferguson kept referring to Jake Maier as the CFL's leading passer? There's more to being the leading passer than just yards. Not having stats is just so bush league. 

22 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Are Ian Book's rights still owned by the Bombers, just released by the Eagles

Wasn't on the last partial list that was announced but still could be.  

Looking back at some of the players who have previously been on teams NL's is always fun.  Like Sask had Joe Burrow on their list at one point.  Good use of a neg list spot... not sure he's cut out for the NFL  😂

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Who 

https://3downnation.com/2021/05/01/blue-bombers-neg-list-qb-ian-book-selected-in-nfl-draft-by-new-orleans-saints/

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Wasn't on the last partial list that was announced but still could be.  

Looking back at some of the players who have previously been on teams NL's is always fun.  Like Sask had Joe Burrow on their list at one point.  Good use of a neg list spot... not sure he's cut out for the NFL  😂

https://3downnation.com/2021/05/01/blue-bombers-neg-list-qb-ian-book-selected-in-nfl-draft-by-new-orleans-saints/

I assume Joe Borrow was on theirs before his breakout season at LSU 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Won the heiseman the following year was a pretty much average QB at that point in 2018

Going 10-3 in the SEC with a Bowl win in his first real season is nothing to sneeze at.  It's certainly not as good the year he had the next season but that one would be hard for anyone to match (15-0, national championship, Heisman).

Sask did take him off their list before the 2018 names were released so it might not be the worst use of a NL spot I've seen. 

Hamilton having Jalen Hurts on there, after he had spent 3 seasons shattering records at Alabama might be worse.

Thye Argos tried to sign Joe Montana when he was a free agent in the 80's. He seriously gave it some thought to come up here. That would be unfathomable today. Can you imagine a CFL team trying to sign a player like Patrick Mahomes today??? The Bombers signed former Seahawks qb Jim Zorn in 1986 which caused a bit of a stir at the time. The Seahawks great actually ended his carrer as a Blue Bomber. He was 3QB behind Clements & Hufnagel that season & he held for Trevor Kennerd. I asked my son in Seattle to have him sign my Bomber mini helmet when he told me he was going to meet him. He obliged. It's now in my collection. 

I'm not sure if this is posted already but something to watch out: WR N'Keal Harry is also released by the Vikings. He counts as a Canadian in the CFL. I believe no one hold his rights so he can sign (if healthy) for any club.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone notice that Ferguson kept referring to Jake Maier as the CFL's leading passer? There's more to being the leading passer than just yards. 

But he is the leading passer,  Ferguson didn't say he was the "best" passer.