CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

40 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What if the o-line gave him more time,  what if the receivers made the wrong decisions in routes or when to go for the ball,  what if the coach called a different play.     

What if's mean nothing. For example: What if Adams didn't throw the ball to the wrong team 6 times? Who cares?

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yards will get you nothing but false hope. Losing teams quite often have the better yardage totals. In the game we shredded Saskatchewan we had about the same yardage as what TO had. No one would argue that we decimated their defence.....and you are delusional if you think this is the first time he has looked bad in a BC uniform. The guy had 4 piss poor outings for them last year alone and he only started 6 of them....not sure where you are getting 13 or 14 games from? 3 this year and 6 last year...in which he has 5 losses. Yea.....really a world beater that guy.

Adams threw for 1,504 yards with six touchdowns and one interception with the Lions last season. I though he played 10 games for the Lions, but it was only 6. Redoing the arithmetic... 6 games last year, none of them anywhere near as bad as this years TOR game + 4 games this year = 9 good games + 1 horrible game. Therefore we should expect that he has a really bad game 1 out of 10 games or twice this year. He's lost 3 games out of 10. Every loss doesn't = Adams playing badly. Note: I'm not saying that makes him a word beater. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

BC defense held Toronto to 0 yards in the first quarter. TOR only needed 329 yards to score 45 points. TOR had 106 yards rushing & 249 passing. Not great, but I wouldn't call it being shredded especially when you take the 6 turnovers into account. 

BC's offense put up 413 Net yards. They had around the same number of first downs, sacks, & Time of Possession as TOR. 

That punt return TD was a huge play for TOR.

First time Adams has looked that bad in a BC uniform. So it's once every 14 games so far, not 8 or 9 times a year. 

THE stat is turnovers: 6 for Adams, 0 for TOR. (+1 on downs each) The rest of the team mostly did their jobs.

If the Argo D has a weakness it has to be their backend pass coverage, what looked like broken plays was often 3 DB's trying to cover 5 receivers.

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Don Landry, CFL.ca

"BONUS TAKEAWAY: If Cody Fajardo ever wants to unleash the element of surprise, he could instead choose to spin counter-clockwise on one of his pocket escape attempts."

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/07/04/landrys-5-takeaways-from-week-4-2/

or not at all....step up in the pocket and fire an accurate pass....hmmmm....neat concept

16 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

What if's mean nothing. For example: What if Adams didn't throw the ball to the wrong team 6 times? Who cares?

Adams threw for 1,504 yards with six touchdowns and one interception with the Lions last season. I though he played 10 games for the Lions, but it was only 6. Redoing the arithmetic... 6 games last year, none of them anywhere near as bad as this years TOR game + 4 games this year = 9 good games + 1 horrible game. Therefore we should expect that he has a really bad game 1 out of 10 games or twice this year. He's lost 3 games out of 10. Every loss doesn't = Adams playing badly. Note: I'm not saying that makes him a word beater. 

He is a career backup getting a chance to be a starter because our league is in a bit of a QB crisis right now. He shows just enough every 3rd or 4th game to give a fan base hope and is average to below average the other 3/4 of his games. That's not my opinion, that's historical and present day fact. Maybe, he has a team around him this year that can help him hide his warts a little more but he is realistically in the same ilk as a Matt Nichols, Kevin Glenn etc. He is not a guy I would be scared of over the course of a season.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

or not at all....step up in the pocket and fire an accurate pass....hmmmm....neat concept

The spin move worked for 4 games in 2019, it can work again.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Don Landry, CFL.ca

"BONUS TAKEAWAY: If Cody Fajardo ever wants to unleash the element of surprise, he could instead choose to spin counter-clockwise on one of his pocket escape attempts."

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/07/04/landrys-5-takeaways-from-week-4-2/

J C   That’s hilarious! 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Then hit the upright? Have his wr not win a 50/50 battle? Then cry face down on the field? Sorry I’d die of shock if any thing else happened. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

we could maybe see piggy land there now....Not sure what else they have after Arbuckle

I almost want rourke to come back so vaj gets traded to ham or ott. 

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Then hit the upright? Have his wr not win a 50/50 battle? Then cry face down on the field? Sorry I’d die of shock if any thing else happened. 

I almost want rourke to come back so vaj gets traded to ham or ott. 

Rourke is gonna sit on a PR for a few yrs...basically as his starter skills erode....an they weren't even refined yet...then be back and look average to decent and you will have people saying it's the NFL hangover....book it

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rourke is gonna sit on a PR for a few yrs...basically as his starter skills erode....an they weren't even refined yet...then be back and look average to decent and you will have people saying it's the NFL hangover....book it

Yeah probably. I can’t imagine he gets less interest than strevy. I’m just tired of some teams having dumpster QBs like ott and edm