CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Rourke is gonna sit on a PR for a few yrs...basically as his starter skills erode....an they weren't even refined yet...then be back and look average to decent and you will have people saying it's the NFL hangover....book it

Hopefully when Zach is hanging them up, Rourke will get signed here- unless we have a better prospect.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

or not at all....step up in the pocket and fire an accurate pass....hmmmm....neat concept

The move was invented by NFL QB Coach Jack Elway in the 70's. There was a drill my son used to do practicing that exact move. It's called "Elway's Way". He used to spin the other way. Once he spun to his left in a HS game here in Calgary & didn't know a linebacker or DL was coming the other way to his left. He got pancaked & said "**** that". He told me that he wouldn't do that again. But he did, of course when he needed to. All the way thru college. To be really effective, a qb has to spin both ways. At the same time the DE on Fajardo's left has to be aware he's going to do that.

Today, I don't think they coach that move anymore with the way young qbs are being taught to throw. Now qbs use  different arm slots &  just throw around a charging DL or linebacker suckering them in. We saw Collaros do that, I believe last game. However, I'd love JUST ONCE to see Fajardo get lit up like a Xmas tree when he does that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

QB Tyrie Adams out for the season in Ottawa with a torn ACL after a low hit by Elks DL Jake Ceresna. What's with Ottawa & their qbs being injured. If they didn't have bad luck then they'd have no luck at all. Time to start really fining these DL who go low & crab their way to a qb's legs injuring them seriously. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

QB Tyrie Adams out for the season in Ottawa with a torn ACL after a low hit by Elks DL Jake Ceresna. What's with Ottawa & their qbs being injured. If they didn't have bad luck then they'd have no luck at all. Time to start really fining these DL who go low & crab their way to a qb's legs injuring them seriously. 

What's with playing low rent teams with dirty players? 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

What's with playing low rent teams with dirty players? 

DL coaches are also to blame here encouraging their guys to go low to get the qbs. The fine system in the CFL is much too low as are the suspensions. But we've been saying that for decades to deaf ears by the BOG's & CFLPA. They should a lose a minimum of a total game check when fined or more. Maybe that would change some players attitudes. But again, this is the CFL. So nothing will change.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was thinking watching that game that Adams looked pretty damn frail to be a option style QB in this league.

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

DL coaches are also to blame here encouraging their guys to go low to get the qbs. The fine system in the CFL is much too low as are the suspensions. But we've been saying that for decades to deaf ears by the BOG's & CFLPA. They should a lose a minimum of a total game check when fined or more. Maybe that would change some players attitudes. But again, this is the CFL. So nothing will change.

I'm gonna need to see proof

I'm finding it kind of hard to believe the Ceresna hit did it.  Adams is full speed lead blocking on the Redblacks last TD in that game.

Delayed effect?  Most people I've seen tear their ACL can hardly move because their knee is so unstable.

Saw Gene Gaines passed away.

Great player and great coach for like 40 years in the CFL.  7-8 years with Bombers in different eras.  Late 80s-90 Grey Cup teams leading those secondaries and back with Ritchie.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm finding it kind of hard to believe the Ceresna hit did it.  Adams is full speed lead blocking on the Redblacks last TD in that game.

Delayed effect?  Most people I've seen tear their ACL can hardly move because their knee is so unstable.

Saw Gene Gaines passed away.

Great player and great coach for like 40 years in the CFL.  7-8 years with Bombers in different eras.  Late 80s-90 Grey Cup teams leading those secondaries and back with Ritchie.

yeah....I don't think it was that Ceresna play....and he didnt seem affected in the least afterwards as game went on....I blew mine apart 2 x...well all 3 main ligaments the first and on the second just the ACL and you couldnt be playing unless you were braced up...and even then a partial tear may allow u to play with a brace...many have but a complete tear...which usually as miniscus damage with it....no way no how

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah....I don't think it was that Ceresna play....and he didnt seem affected in the least afterwards as game went on....I blew mine apart 2 x...well all 3 main ligaments the first and on the second just the ACL and you couldnt be playing unless you were braced up...and even then a partial tear may allow u to play with a brace...many have but a complete tear...which usually as miniscus damage with it....no way no how

Ceresna was fined the league max. for low hit on QB Tyrie Adams, so who knows.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/07/05/one-player-fined-after-week-4-action/