CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

40 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

So I’m a huge stats guy and what the CFL has done in regards to checking on stats, is absolutely bush league, it’s an absolute joke. Downloading PDF’s to see game stats? What other “professional” league runs things like this? 

I’m incredibly upset.

If it’s not ready to be made public. Don’t mess with the existing system. The season is 6 months long, you have half the year to figure it out. 

8 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

So I’m a huge stats guy and what the CFL has done in regards to checking on stats, is absolutely bush league, it’s an absolute joke. Downloading PDF’s to see game stats? What other “professional” league runs things like this? 

Yup, its an absolute joke. Theyre going to lose tons of web traffic as ive been going to TSN to get my stats, and im sure im not alone. Just a huge blunder and cluster *uck on their part. Unreal.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, its an absolute joke. Theyre going to lose tons of web traffic as ive been going to TSN to get my stats, and im sure im not alone. Just a huge blunder and cluster *uck on their part. Unreal.

Can’t even get the defensive stats till after the week. Cmon cfl 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Can’t even get the defensive stats till after the week. Cmon cfl 

and sure...nice to see who top 3 guys are in a stat....but who's 4 thru 25?...not sure what they saw wrong with what they had last yr...and why make it have to be a forced upon you PDF?...that makes zero sense

23 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

What is the Argos plan at runningback?  Is Andrew Harris expected to get half of the touches?

How long is Harris gonna be healthy for any way probably doesn’t matter till the play offs. Till then I expect them to ride who ever is hot and run some two back set. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Interesting signing by Hamilton. Thought their kicker was decent last week and last year.

Sounds like Small has some issues going on.  Missed all of training camp, was activated for game 1 and has left the team again.  Ticats moved him to the suspended list so Leggs may just be a temporary solution for them.

On 2023-06-16 at 6:47 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

I've been saying for years, welcome to Randy Ambrosie's CFL 2.0. That he constantly overpromises & under delivers. Well, to you guys who always attacked my scarve wearing Randy Ambrosie criticisms just suck it up complaining about the lack of stats with the season already started. I'm sure Randy & Genius Sports will come up with something by mid season or Thanksgiving.

Reality check, this is just typical of Randy's stewardship when it comes to how this league is run.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Sounds like Small has some issues going on.  Missed all of training camp, was activated for game 1 and has left the team again.  Ticats moved him to the suspended list so Leggs may just be a temporary solution for them.

Seth Small is good young FG kicker, but he's an Import and he doesn't handle punting.

On 2023-06-17 at 5:07 PM, Rich said:

Wonder what happened with this new deal for CFL stats.  Delays getting this new system up?

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/05/18/cfl-and-genius-sports-unveil-cutting-edge-official-data-tech-system/

They may be genius but timely they are not. 

21 minutes ago, KshyGuy said:

Geez I'm not sure entirely whats going on but the Bombers are trying singlehandedly to keep the league scoring average up.

If my Math is correct, when the Bombers play there is an average of 74 points in the game.

If the Bombers aren't playing it goes all the way down to 35. 

Until our D gets healthy expect to see our game be the most entertaining game of the week, every week lol.