CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

29 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

One saying they expected nothing less from Osh and implying we win in spite of him is not constructive criticism. It's frankly just stupid and moronic.

Sure, buts that’s ignoring the pages of commentary that preceded that comment on possible ways to utilize the new rules or possible roster combinations that offered increased flexibility.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

One saying they expected nothing less from Osh and implying we win in spite of him is not constructive criticism. It's frankly just stupid and moronic.

I mean is saying they expected nothing less of MOS when they were right really all that moronic?

That being said, no we do not win in spite of him. But his roster management IS piss poor and it’s likely going to come back to bite us at some point.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Sure, buts that’s ignoring the pages of commentary that preceded that comment on possible ways to utilize the new rules or possible roster combinations that offered increased flexibility.

Some people make moronic and stupid comments not knowing the context...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean is saying they expected nothing less of MOS when they were right really all that moronic?

That being said, no we do not win in spite of him. But his roster management IS piss poor and it’s likely going to come back to bite us at some point.

Please identify when and in what way his roster management has cost us a game in the last few years. And sitting Collaros in a late season loss to rest up for the playoffs does not count. Neither does simply having Liegghio as our kicker count as “roster management”. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Please identify when and in what way his roster management has cost us a game in the last few years. And sitting Collaros in a late season loss to rest up for the playoffs does not count. Neither does simply having Liegghio as our kicker count as “roster management”. 

Please identify where I said it has. I said at some point, it is going to in the future. It’s almost inevitable.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Please identify where I said it has. I said at some point, it is going to in the future. It’s almost inevitable.

While O'Shea's stubbornness might cost us a game or two a year, the strong team culture he fosters leads to winning four or five others. I'll take that deal.

48 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

While O'Shea's stubbornness might cost us a game or two a year, the strong team culture he fosters leads to winning four or five others. I'll take that deal.

You’re not wrong, until the stubbornness costs you the wrong game. 

On 2023-06-07 at 11:45 PM, Mike said:

This could (and I hope it does) turn out to be a wildly wrong take, but I really think there’s a chance this ends up being the year Bomber Nation starts to turn on O’Shea a little bit

I think we’re going to end up very frustrated with how our roster gets managed this year. It’s been a weak point of his forever, but I think there’s a very good chance it costs us some games this year. If we’re trotting out guys like Gauthier and Maruo because we don’t wanna play dirty with the rest and game this system, we’re going to be in trouble. I guess we’ll see tomorrow how they play it. 

If he walks or get fired, O'Shea will be welcomed by 8 other teams as a Head Coach. He has absolutely nothing to worry about. No matter what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

He didn't cost us the Cup. 

I can point to a litany of other points in the game that were more consequential to the outcome of the game.

Yeah like his shitty punt into the middle of the field that gave the Argos a short trip for their final TD.

Prukop throwing passes too.

Just play that game out without giving Prukop reps and you probably win.

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah like his shitty punt into the middle of the field that gave the Argos a short trip for their final TD.

Prukop throwing passes too.

Just play that game out without giving Prukop reps and you probably win.

Or stopping what's his nuts, on 2nd and 15... 20? Where he just ran up the gut... 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

24 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I can point to a litany of other points in the game that were more consequential to the outcome of the game.

well...he makes a convert and we likely go to O.T....there is that....and his kick offs allgame gave T.O instant field position...theres that too.....also his punting that game blew...there is also that....so a culmination of that can be construed as he had a major hand in the loss....tho there was other factors, but he was a biggie

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need to sign Kyle Walters, Ted Goveia & Danny Mac.

I hope we do, but I worry this is walters last year here. 

55 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

A lot of things cost us that cup. And legs isn’t high on the list. 

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

well...he makes a convert and we likely go to O.T....there is that....and his kick offs allgame gave T.O instant field position...theres that too.....also his punting that game blew...there is also that....so a culmination of that can be construed as he had a major hand in the loss....tho there was other factors, but he was a biggie

The three guys that stood out most for the GC loss are gone.

Leggs, sucked all game, gone.

Prukop, handing the ball back to TO, gone.

Sayles, brutal whiffed block causing the fg miss, gone.

Not as much a coincidence as it seems, honestly.

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

If the mop played like the mop we would’ve won by 3 tds minimum. 

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

The play call with prukop was the problem on that play. 
 The top of the list is our highest paid leaders who under performed. Front 6, collaros, WRs. 

2 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

plus....if that was any other game than the Grey Cup...ZC wouldnt have played..he was hampered and limited and it was plainly obvious

The flyout schedule on the CFL homepage shows a May 22 ex. game for no discernable reason, and has the home team wrong in the season opener. And on the Bomber site it shows 1 game, and that's it.

It is 2023. Get your **** together CFL.

And the arrows on the main page to navigate the schedule make no sense! Go backwards then forwards, and it skips a bunch. And it defaults to a game from 3 days ago. Wtf?

As a software developer this **** infuriates me.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron