CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Just now, Mike said:

It really has been. And just like I hinted at yesterday, the depth chart came out and he’s making absolutely no effective use of this new rule at all.

The roster management has been awful and the talent has carried us. I like O’Shea a lot, but his roster decisions leave more than just a little bit to be desired.

agreed...and why use Grant?...is an odd choice....nothing against Grant but is the the best choice to maximize this?

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

agreed...and why use Grant?...is an odd choice....nothing against Grant but is the the best choice to maximize this?

They are basically just using it like a di. Unless they intend to rotate grant in a package which I doubt. Sad but not surprising.  

There may be a myriad of reasons behind the scenes which we have no idea about. MOS favor 's special teams and we are just not privy to his other decisions or reasons for such decisions. But since he is the best coach we have had in 2 decades i prefer to defer to his expertise over said posters on the venerable Morning Big Blue....😆

11 minutes ago, bb1 said:

There may be a myriad of reasons behind the scenes which we have no idea about. MOS favor 's special teams and we are just not privy to his other decisions or reasons for such decisions. But since he is the best coach we have had in 2 decades i prefer to defer to his expertise over said posters on the venerable Morning Big Blue....😆

MOS will have his statue outside IGF one day. Doesn't mean he's perfect.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Many things can be said of va. Head on straight isn’t one of them. 

agree. And despite how great mos has been if we have to choose between walters and mos, I’d keep walters. 

Walters contract is up at the end of this year and there's no guarantee he continues in his current role.  The job is obviously his if he wants it, but there are often reasons people change career paths mid-life, better opportunity, more salary, less workload, greater job contentment.  You can kind of tell O'Shea is happy where he is but no real indication Walters feels the same way about his role.

Edited by Fatty Liver

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean Bailey probably makes more sense if you’re actually going to use it but Grant makes sense too for the amount he’d play to sub in and if a Canadian goes down on O he can play the rest of the game.

Should have labelled Castillo as one at least to mindfuck the Tabbies.

100% a MOS thing to do...

2 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Jesus Christ lol. Three straight Grey Cup appearances, two championships....think before hitting submit.

Ok. But we still need to be able to engage in constructive criticism or we may as well shut the whole board down.

No one is infallible and for all the positive things MOS brings, there are some negative side effects.

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Walters contract is up at the end of this year and there's no guarantee he continues in his current role.  The job is obviously his if he wants it, but there are often reasons people change career paths mid-life, better opportunity, more salary, less workload, greater job contentment.  You can kind of tell O'Shea is happy where he is but no real indication Walters feels the same way about his role.

With the management cap I think we will see a trend of hc GMs again. It’s hard to pay both under the cap. Since walters has stayed this long and with no deal for next year I think he’s as happy to be here as any one. 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Ok. But we still need to be able to engage in constructive criticism or we may as well shut the whole board down.

No one is infallible and for all the positive things MOS brings, there are some negative side effects.

One saying they expected nothing less from Osh and implying we win in spite of him is not constructive criticism. It's frankly just stupid and moronic.