CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd take him if healthy since he'd help with the rotation and has the right passport. Would rather deal a 1st to Hamilton for Bennett though.

Looked for them in the game replay and neither Bennett nor Kongbo had much success creating pressure compared to Haba, who was a force.  It's pretty difficult to judge DE effectiveness when playing against the Bombers O-line, nothing much gets through. 

Boateng was fast and effective when he played in Edmonton, but he hasn't played a game since 2021 due to injury so who knows, if Walters thinks he's worth a look, he probably will.  

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

"when I got to the registration and was talking to Chris Jones (Edmonton’s head coach, GM), I knew him through my personal kicking coach, I didn’t want to be that guy who says no."

If your kicking coach knows Chris Jones and suggested you take part in this you need a new coach...

I mean no joke. Who is going to run an American punter who doesn’t kick off or kick fgs? Even 10+ years ago good freaking luck. That kid was little more than fodder. 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Isn't he still hurt?

When was the last time he was playing and healthy? Edmonton? 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The salary is pretty large as well. I would think he still wants a pretty hefty payday. Not sure we have that in the budget.

theres the rub tho...he wont get it now unless someone dumps salary...he may have to get what he can ...for this yr anyway and re-establish he's a player...he's still young enough

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd dress Boateng over Szott.  Even if he could cover kicks and play 20 snaps on D that would be big value.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'd take Boateng in a heartbeat if the price was right. 

Yup...on a nice cap friendly deal....I'd give him a look...maybe a new environment would invigorate him...if he can't find his game here...he prob has lost it...I'd give him a 2..3 game trial by fire, and like said...would make more roster sense than dressing that olineman whom I don't think even looked at his helmet let alone had a reason to slap it on

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ouch. Gonna be a two-horse race in the West this year.

I dunno....I like that Mills...he's also the perfect back to feed the ball to 15 to 20 times in that cold November rain...Dude is a beast

Edited by Booch

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Mills seems like a decent back but losing Carey is still a loss for them.

oh for sure...If Maier shows this week again that he is basically what we saw last week...then yup may very well be a 2 horse race for first

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

They dont even need him anyways! Havent you heard?? Only 2 sacks allowed!! O-line problem = solved. Riders are booking their flight to Hamilton as we speak.

Who'd fly to Hamilton??

3 hours ago, JCon said:

They have Mills, they'll be fine. 

They will be fine with Mills and Logan. They looked questionable every other spot on O except RB.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

#Riders Canadian OL Philip Blake had surgery on a torn pectoral muscle and is out long term.

Deep and talented on the OL - they’ll be fine. 

When you have cast offs Lofton, Johnson, Ferland and Godber anchoring your line you don't have to worry about injury and depth issues...You will be fine

Its funny how they chastise our line for being old and aging and will break down...none of whom have showed any of that, but their signing of Phillip Blake who will be 38 come playoffs was gonna make them great.....u just have to shake your head at some of that fan bases logic

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They will be fine with Mills and Logan. They looked questionable every other spot on O except RB.

Deep and talented on the OL - they’ll be fine. 

I like both mills and Logan a lot too. 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

When you have cast offs Lofton, Johnson, Ferland and Godber anchoring your line you don't have to worry about injury and depth issues...You will be fine

Its funny how they chastise our line for being old and aging and will break down...none of whom have showed any of that, but their signing of Phillip Blake who will be 38 come playoffs was gonna make them great.....u just have to shake your head at some of that fan bases logic

Nothing else they could say. One week in and Bryant seems to have found the fountain of youth. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I like both mills and Logan a lot too. 

Nothing else they could say. One week in and Bryant seems to have found the fountain of youth. 

Yup....37....trucking his ass downfield on runs throwing guys 15 yrs his junior out of the way...not to mention old broken down Hardrick pancaking guys all game....He musta did that to Thurman and Bennet 3 times I noticed...and on a few other run plays was just rolling over guys....yup...they old and washed up

Edited by Booch