Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Reading that Insta post, I felt like he's matured from the guy who got a DUI a couple of years ago. We've seen the steps WJ5 has taken in his life, in terms of maturing, and I think we're seeing it with Lawler now, too...

and this man is ready to do work in '23!! 

Sky is the limit for Brady. He was probably our most improved player when you compare his work early in the year towards the end of the season - and now with an off-season of training where you know you're the unquestioned lead back on the best team in Canadian football, which happens to be your town....stock up. Way up.

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Reading that Insta post, I felt like he's matured from the guy who got a DUI a couple of years ago. We've seen the steps WJ5 has taken in his life, in terms of maturing, and I think we're seeing it with Lawler now, too...

and this man is ready to do work in '23!! 

My knees hurt watching that.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Sky is the limit for Brady. He was probably our most improved player when you compare his work early in the year towards the end of the season - and now with an off-season of training where you know you're the unquestioned lead back on the best team in Canadian football, which happens to be your town....stock up. Way up.

That is crazy 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Didn’t realize the price tag for receivers was so high all of a sudden

I don’t like 300k but I wouldn’t have liked 140k for Bailey last year either 

That is where I am at. Quite honestly I would have gone up to $275k/year for him and we average out to around that.

It may sound like splitting hairs at that price, but you have to draw the line somewhere. 

Seeing what receivers worse than K-Law are getting, I guess this is just where we are.

I am more scared of Scheon’s next deal TBH

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That is where I am at. Quite honestly I would have gone up to $275k/year for him and we average out to around that.

It may sound like splitting hairs at that price, but you have to draw the line somewhere. 

Seeing what receivers worse than K-Law are getting, I guess this is just where we are.

I am more scared of Scheon’s next deal TBH

Will be a nice problem to have hopefully. Need to scout for rookies now.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

especially when you consider it took him 4 or 5 games to "figure it out"... and he still reached 1000 yards... he could be in for a special year

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

especially when you consider it took him 4 or 5 games to "figure it out"... and he still reached 1000 yards... he could be in for a special year

Have you seen our receiving core? He might not see the ball until September.

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Buck Pierce knows that when you can ground and pound it makes your receivers jobs easier too. So just score 60 points a game,  put up 500+ yards offense and everyone is happy.

60 points and 500 yards? That's a little low, don't you think? 70 and 650 is what I'm thinking. This season cannot start soon enough!Chicago Bears Nfl GIF by ADWEEK

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Have you seen our receiving core? He might not see the ball until September.

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Buck Pierce knows that when you can ground and pound it makes your receivers jobs easier too. So just score 60 points a game,  put up 500+ yards offense and everyone is happy.

And he should have bigger gains with the carries he does get. That receiving corps will force a D to spread out.  A quick toss from ZC with the DL in pass rush...could be dynamite.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

And on top of that, the O-line was sorting itself out for the first half of the season.

On the subject of our offensive line. I could see O'Shea making Eli wait his turn even if he is the best center in camp. I think it could tick off some players who got jabbed against their desire for the team if Eli could take a year off and then come right back and get a starting job on day one.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

On the subject of our offensive line. I could see O'Shea making Eli wait his turn even if he is the best center in camp. I think it could tick off some players who got jabbed against their desire for the team if Eli could take a year off and then come right back and get a starting job on day one.

I'm not sure O'Shea would play those types of games... he's not he coach he's become by not being honest... the best player will start

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

doubt it...not even a remote chance of that...doing that would piss of the vets more than a persons religious beliefs in not getting it

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

There's no ******* way they play politics with players like that.

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Most people don't care that much about the jab.  The best players will play.