Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

Remember when Kyle Walters went into the offseason and the one before that and the one before that saying money was tight not sure if everyone can come back... and then retained most of the key pieces anyway? 

Yeah these guys don't go bragging about how much money they have to spend.  If anyone thinks the Bombers don't have the money to keep Kyle Walters well I just don't know what to tell you... 

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

If you need a spark on D , you send in the snake....I agree with the reps with Lawson.....Jake ain't getting any younger and a little long in the tooth....and if you have ever seen a cobra you'd know what I mean

Yes and on Saturday the Bombers announced signing Cole Adamson as well... 

Agree with you on Lawson getting more reps, but believe the Cdn D-Tackle situation is being looked into (a vet of many years, 2020 draft pic and of course last years draft pic).  

I do not understand the mixed feelings. Fatboi was one of our best and most consistent players along the line this past year. They signed him to a new contract...they didn't guarantee him every rep of every game. He'll come to camp and compete and if he earns it, he'll get his rotational reps again this year. There is absolutely nothing to be "mixed" about with this signing. 

I mean, we've got Cam Lawson and now just signed Cole Adamson......we ARE attempting to get younger at the position. And if they're good enough, they'll beat out Thomas at camp. It's not like they're guaranteeing anything by signing JT to a one year deal. And in terms of getting more push from the interior.....that's more to do with recruiting an American DT than about who the rotational Canadian is in there. 

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I mean, we've got Cam Lawson and now just signed Cole Adamson......we ARE attempting to get younger at the position. And if they're good enough, they'll beat out Thomas at camp. It's not like they're guaranteeing anything by signing JT to a one year deal. And in terms of getting more push from the interior.....that's more to do with recruiting an American DT than about who the rotational Canadian is in there. 

I don’t disagree, I have no problem bringing him back. Just hope a younger guy can take a bigger role.

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We need a Canadian or Global DE or the DL rotation falls apart.  None of the interior guys we have can really handle more than 20-25 snaps a game and none of Canadians are really strong playing Nose.

Hansen will be back, maybe Kongbo as well.  High hopes for Cole Adamson making an impact, 6'-5", 292 lbs. DT should be able to plug some gaps.

On 2022-12-10 at 12:49 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Funny how you don't hear this problem with the Stamps. How much is Hufnagel & Dickenson making? 

You don't hear as much details because people in Calgary don't care about the team the way Bomber fans do. But in reality Hufnagel moved up and is no longer getting paid out of a football operations cap and Dickenson now does two jobs under the cap. Seems like a similar situation.  However, I think it will end up looking different in Winnipeg.

43 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

What did folks expect Miller to say, “We’re gonna pay Kyle but we have to wait until we can do it creatively enough to skip over the dumb ops cap” 

Clearly, the club has a way of getting everybody enough when it’s all said and done. 

I would have 1000% more respect for that show of MUCHO HUEVOS GRANDE.

michael-scott-dare-i.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy