Bombers Extend Zach Collaros

Rich

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Holy hell the Rider fan take on this signing is hilarious.

1. Laughing at the Bombers for spending money on aging players.

2. Speculation about tax loopholes and cap circumvention.

3. Something about a history of the Bombers being an easy target for agents to bleed money out of.

4. The ludicrous idea that this somehow sets the market for Cody Fajardo!

That is all Migs and that other guy. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That is all Migs and that other guy. 

Can't be sure but that other guy is also Migs imo. He has been known to have multiple accounts on forums before so that it creates the illusion that other members are agreeing with his absurdity.  If I were a betting man I would wager that Cereal Killer and Section 139 at Riderfans are never logged in at the same time.

Edited by GCn20

Chase mentioned this earlier but I wanted to concur, this signing absolutely reeks of "We are all in on winning the GC in our back yard, in front of our fans, to create the greatest party in Manitoba's history".... Here's hoping ZC8 can maintain his level of play a few more years. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Chase mentioned this earlier but I wanted to concur, this signing absolutely reeks of "We are all in on winning the GC in our back yard, in front of our fans, to create the greatest party in Manitoba's history".... Here's hoping ZC8 can maintain his level of play a few more years. 

I see no reason why he couldn't unless he starts getting banged up.

46 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Holy hell the Rider fan take on this signing is hilarious.

1. Laughing at the Bombers for spending money on aging players.

2. Speculation about tax loopholes and cap circumvention.

3. Something about a history of the Bombers being an easy target for agents to bleed money out of.

4. The ludicrous idea that this somehow sets the market for Cody Fajardo!

There are mental health issues over there. 

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No shame - I will cry happy tears if that happens.

I woke up,saw my phone,checked outside for snow,checked the calendar because I thought Christmas cake early,a no brainer and solid stability for the next 3 years. Next should be keeping that oline together as best as possible and this may help bring in free agents in the off season as they see Zach will still be back there for a secured amount of time.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

No shame - I will cry happy tears if that happens.

Cried during the players entrance in '19, cried following The Interception last year, and should we be so fortunate as to win at home, I'd probably never want for anything else as long as I live...... (okay, maybe a Lund Pro Guide 1875 with a 90 Honda tiller, but then that's it!) 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This is a very good point. The timing may have been on purpose to use up our remaining bonus cap and leave next year intact as much as possible. 

Yep they clearly had cap room if they were working on a deal to bring Lawler back.  Since that fell through, that money can be used for deals like this.