Bombers Extend Zach Collaros

Rich

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Ellingson won't be back, because Lawler will take that spot likely..... Unless Schoen heads south and Ellingson replaces him, but I doubt it. Gelliman has had his day in the sun... We'll go a different route. 

Probably too early to say. Have to see how the group shakes out first. 

I agree that he's probably no longer plan A - though he certainly had the opportunity to be had he stayed healthy. 

I wouldnt write him off just yet. People forget he was leading the league in yards and catches when he got hurt, and he has a telepathic like connection with Collaros. He's a savvy chain moving vet that has baby soft hands filled with glue. If he's willing to sign a reasonable contract to stay with a winning organization i'd be more than happy to have him back for another year.

If Dru Brown starts looking over the fence for greener pastures, he would do well to be very very selective in where he goes. I remember how Drew Willy deteriorated after the relentless pounding he took, and I suspect that Fajardo, for all the mocking, sure looks like he has had the same experience in Regina. Had Collaros not had the dominant O-line he has had, there is good reason to believe he would have likely met the same end. 

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If Dru Brown starts looking over the fence for greener pastures, he would do well to be very very selective in where he goes. I remember how Drew Willy deteriorated after the relentless pounding he took, and I suspect that Fajardo, for all the mocking, sure looks like he has had the same experience in Regina. Had Collaros not had the dominant O-line he has had, there is good reason to believe he would have likely met the same end. 

As Bob Irving would have said, "One game does not a career make."

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I have not heard anything about the injury or where he currently is at for Ellingson.   Is this a case of a guy who *could* be on the field playing had we been fighting for a play off spot?  I have assumed that he is lightly knicked and they are simply giving him time off to make sure that he's as healthy as he can be for our play off run?

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I have not heard anything about the injury or where he currently is at for Ellingson.   Is this a case of a guy who *could* be on the field playing had we been fighting for a play off spot?  I have assumed that he is lightly knicked and they are simply giving him time off to make sure that he's as healthy as he can be for our play off run?

Even tight lipped O'Shea has said he expects Ellingson back in the regular season.

Just giving him one game to get back into the swing of things and back on the bench, I'd imagine.

Then it's "just win, baby".

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Two spells on the 6-game pushes it well beyond "lightly knicked", I wonder what his actual injury is and if it's chronic.  It's bizarre O'Shea still treats injury reports like they're top secret.

17 hours ago, Jesse said:

Probably too early to say. Have to see how the group shakes out first. 

I agree that he's probably no longer plan A - though he certainly had the opportunity to be had he stayed healthy. 

Ellingson was lighting it up until he got hurt & then that was it.... Then the lights went out. Nothing. Never to be heard from again. Our luck with older free agent receivers over 30 isn't very good. We need to concentrate on younger free agent receivers like Jaelin Acklin & not Greg Ellingson. I'm thinking Kenny Lawler will be back next season. 

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Two spells on the 6-game pushes it well beyond "lightly knicked", I wonder what his actual injury is and if it's chronic.  It's bizarre O'Shea still treats injury reports like they're top secret.

I had this same discussion earlier this season & was told by posters here that it was none of my business what player injuries are as they are private. MOS is doing a great job protecting his players. End of story. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I watched a CFL game on You Tube from September of 1969 yesterday. It was a CBC production, It had all the commercials & halftime show. Just like someone from that era would have seen the game if they were sitting watching in their living room. Argos @ Rough Riders September 13, 1969. Check it out. 

During halftime, they had the "athletic trainer" for the Argos talking about injuries. They had Argos receiver Bobby Taylor being treated on television for a rotator cuff injury he had. The description of the injury including massage & manipulation of the joint as well as treatment using ultra sound & electrical stimulation (an early form of TENS). Taylor sat there while being treated saying very little as the therapist described what he was doing. In today's CFL, you'd never see that. Teams wouldn't allow their players on television to discuss their injuries. Let alone treat them publicly. Especially O'Shea.

I just found it very interesting the way things have changed in regards to injuries in half a century. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I watched a CFL game on You Tube from September of 1969 yesterday. It was a CBC production, It had all the commercials & halftime show. Just like someone from that era would have seen the game if they were sitting watching in their living room. Argos @ Rough Riders September 13, 1969. Check it out. 

During halftime, they had the "athletic trainer" for the Argos talking about injuries. They had Argos receiver Bobby Taylor being treated on television for a rotator cuff injury he had. The description of the injury including massage & manipulation of the joint as well as treatment using ultra sound & electrical stimulation (an early form of TENS). Taylor sat there while being treated saying very little as the therapist described what he was doing. In today's CFL, you'd never see that. Teams wouldn't allow their players on television to discuss their injuries. Let alone treat them publicly. Especially O'Shea.

I just found it very interesting the way things have changed in regards to injuries in half a century. 

One thing yiu and I have in common, for sure, is a love of watching old games. I'm not sure I'd watch Argos vs Riders, but I love watching old Bombers games on YouTube or the GC Portal at the league website. Fascinating. 

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Ellingson was playing great, got hurt, came back too soon, got hurt again. Some would call that the Bombers pushing players into coming back too soon. I'd call it bad luck.

yup...I think thats the case..wasnt something super serious, and it nipped them in ass first time psuhing it...so they held him back...he's been active and will be back next week...if it was super crunch for us we may have had him back earlier, but our guys stepped up and it wasnt a need

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Losing Schoen to the NFL tho and Ellingson might be tough unless they go after a Zylstra or Acklin 

I dont think anyone her will see Zylstra...Acklin..meh...something about him I dont like....like I mentioned earlier...bet on Lawler being here cause from what I "heard" if that trade would have happened we were extending him at same time...as we have cap money from this yr to dole out...which we seeing now and after play-offs will see a few more

and I truly dont think Schoen is as gone as most think...lots of factors against him going into next yr turning 27 at this time next yr

1 minute ago, Booch said:

and I truly dont think Schoen is as gone as most think...lots of factors against him going into next yr turning 27 at this time next yr

It would be a shame if Schoen doesn't get multiple invites imo. Goes hard against the 'get some film on tape for a shot at the big show' narrative. What more could we have asked the guy to do?