Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Interesting... Is his hand healed up? I don't follow the NFL... Does another team give him a shot based on his gimmick abilities or his unreal pre season last year?

All depends on a teams SMS...he has no PR eligibility left...and he makes too much above league minimum now to be a cost effective guy who at his age...isn't the future with any team...he is in CFL next yr....if not at some point past labour day

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Interesting... Is his hand healed up? I don't follow the NFL... Does another team give him a shot based on his gimmick abilities or his unreal pre season last year?

I really can't see him get another NFL shot after this, The injury buy-out seems like the end of the road. 

On 2023-08-11 at 11:00 PM, Brandon said:

So finding a woman attractive equals thinking they are an object?     

Say it with me now:  Your thought process is not of a normal male.   

A. How is commenting on a woman's appearance on topic for "Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news" 

B. Why do you think it's reasonable for Taylor Lavonne to have her appearance commented upon by a random stranger on a public forum that is clearly not intended to be about her appearance?

C. Is finding a woman attractive required to have the thought process of a "normal male" in your view? If you think that's true, take a minute to think about what that says about you.

Edited by kschach
Correcting bullets

33 minutes ago, kschach said:

A. How is commenting on a woman's appearance on topic for "Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news"  -  Its not

B. Why do you think it's reasonable for Taylor Lavonne to have her appearance commented upon by a random stranger on a public forum that is clearly not intended to be about her appearance? - Yes!  Did you know people on these boards made fun of how men look on a frequent basis.  Trump ,  people in Saskatchewan, etc.....

C. Is finding a woman attractive required to have the thought process of a "normal male" in your view? If you think that's true, take a minute to think about what that says about you.   Yes 100%, are you living in a hole in where the world isn't sexualised and where marketing and almost anything and everything is about beauty?  

Absolutely hilarious and I had a good laugh at what you wrote here.    I took a minute and I'm still debating if I'm now interacting with an incel or just someone who is just very odd.  Either way yes it is normal for men to look at women and at times say they are attractive.    I'm somewhat certain that physical beauty is still a thing in this world.   Either way Chris Streveler is a handsome man and his girlfriend is also very attractive.   They make a nice couple and hopefully he brings her back to Winnipeg once ZC hangs it up and Strevolution continues with the Blue Bombers.  

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Absolutely hilarious and I had a good laugh at what you wrote here.    I took a minute and I'm still debating if I'm now interacting with an incel or just someone who is just very odd.  Either way yes it is normal for men to look at women and at times say they are attractive.    I'm somewhat certain that physical beauty is still a thing in this world.   Either way Chris Streveler is a handsome man and his girlfriend is also very attractive.   They make a nice couple and hopefully he brings her back to Winnipeg once ZC hangs it up and Strevolution continues with the Blue Bombers.  

Since you're curious about whether I'm an incel (and I don't think you really understand the anti-feminist implications of that term) or just "very odd" -- I'll out myself as being a member of the latter category. I'll happily identify as a "very odd" feminist husband and father who thinks that commenting on a woman's appearance is a form of objectification when it's irrelevant to the topic (the irrelevance at least we agree upon) and that being attracted to women is not required to be a "normal male" (did you know that "normal" men are not always hetero?). I'll show myself out, but in my closing words I'll invite you to reflect upon who may feel unwelcome by your comments here. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I took a minute and I'm still debating if I'm now interacting with an incel or just someone who is just very odd. 

yeah jumping to these conclusions isn't really going to help your case here dude.... 

I haven't got the energy to get into this particular debate but immediately going to the "you're weird or an incel" argument is just a nicer way of saying "what are you a ***?" if you ask me. 

35 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Since you're curious about whether I'm an incel (and I don't think you really understand the anti-feminist implications of that term) or just "very odd" -- I'll out myself as being a member of the latter category. I'll happily identify as a "very odd" feminist husband and father who thinks that commenting on a woman's appearance is a form of objectification when it's irrelevant to the topic (the irrelevance at least we agree upon) and that being attracted to women is not required to be a "normal male" (did you know that "normal" men are not always hetero?). I'll show myself out, but in my closing words I'll invite you to reflect upon who may feel unwelcome by your comments here. 

Friends gif. David Schwimmer as Ross wears a suit with slicked back hair as he turns toward us, pumps his fists, and shouts, "Woohoo!"

Anyway, hope that we can bring Strevs back to Winnipeg for a few more Cup runs, and also, I hope that he finds true love with his girlfriend, who may or may not be attractive, depending on how many feminist husbands are lurking out there.

On 2023-08-16 at 10:07 PM, Brandon said:

Absolutely hilarious and I had a good laugh at what you wrote here.    I took a minute and I'm still debating if I'm now interacting with an incel or just someone who is just very odd. 

FFS, please don't act like that guy. smh. 

Please, don't be that guy. 

On 2023-08-16 at 10:34 PM, True Dru said:

It seems to me that the rhetoric is becoming a bit heated here. The first thing we notice upon seeing another human coming into view is their gender. That said, there is an obvious line between remarking on their attractiveness and commenting on this physical attribute or that. I am and have been a feminist for many decades and have believed that it is possible to acknowledge physical attractiveness without using that as a way to diminish someone.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Who cares about the Rourkes to be honest....there are a ton of other canadians showing well in the NFL...and some for yrs now....

The cfl mouthpieces who get the most coverage seem to think that what the league needs is a Canadian star qb story. Guys like Alex singleton deserve all the news and hype the rourkes have gotten. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Who cares about the Rourkes to be honest....there are a ton of other canadians showing well in the NFL...and some for yrs now....

Thank you!!

I actually went as far as to mute the word Rourke on Twitter because I was so sick of hearing about him. The whole Kid Canada thing drives me nuts. He's played hardly any football in Canada and virtually all of his training is in the US. The only way this amount of drooling would be worthy is if the player was born here, raised here, and played all their ball here...graduated CIS.....THEN became a star. That would be something to talk about. 

Other than his birth certificate, there is almost nothing separating Nathan Rourke from any other NCAA football player....

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The cfl mouthpieces who get the most coverage seem to think that what the league needs is a Canadian star qb story. Guys like Alex singleton deserve all the news and hype the rourkes have gotten. 

Tre Ford ...an actual CIS QB that played all his football here.... Should be getting hype as a starting QB in pro football. **** the Rourke's.

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Thank you!!

I actually went as far as to mute the word Rourke on Twitter because I was so sick of hearing about him. The whole Kid Canada thing drives me nuts. He's played hardly any football in Canada and virtually all of his training is in the US. The only way this amount of drooling would be worthy is if the player was born here, raised here, and played all their ball here...graduated CIS.....THEN became a star. That would be something to talk about. 

Other than his birth certificate, there is almost nothing separating Nathan Rourke from any other NCAA football player....

Tre Ford ...an actual CIS QB that played all his football here.... Should be getting hype as a starting QB in pro football. **** the Rourke's.

Yup..I don't ..or didnt like the "kid Canada" thing as there are tons of Canadians doing great things in the CFL so that's a slap in their face...who cares what positions they play

If a QB tho is to be labeled that it's def Tre Ford..born...bred...trained in Canada 

even if he just came back to play Teams and sub in a bit in the secondary for the back half of the season, that'd be outstanding. Is he still technically "ours" if he wants to come back to the CFL? 

nm - found it: 

The CFL’s NFL window dictate that Ford will need to sign back with the Blue Bombers if he returns to the CFL before February 2025, which is when his original rookie contract would have expired.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

even if he just came back to play Teams and sub in a bit in the secondary for the back half of the season, that'd be outstanding. Is he still technically "ours" if he wants to come back to the CFL? 

he could fill Darby's role, and allow us to dress a import dlineman....and also I would immediately put him in for Kramdi...and use that as our sole position on defence and use 4 imports on the dline, with heavy Lawson rotation to keep inside guys fresh and a slight sprinkling of Thomas...then we be talking!

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Nothing against Tyrell Ford but it’s still crazy to me that Ford got an NFL opportunity but Schoen couldn’t even catch on with an NFL squad. Oh well, I’m perfectly okay with another year of dominance through the air. 

Ford was a fresh new face...Schoen was a 2x already guy....and NFL looks downward toward college walk-ons and have even more disregard for ones who go undrafted too....he was behind 8 ball, and was already up there in age