Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All players want to play and be a starter, however, I would be particularly interested in where you heard him state ANYTHING about CFL opportunities since he left for the NFL. Where did he state this? I think you are mistaken. Strev to my knowledge has not ever at any time entertained a return to the CFL since he left, and would only do so once all his NFL options were exhausted. Then and only then would we know what his intentions, salary, and play time preferences are. Anyone saying they know what a guy like Strev would want is full of beans. He is not your average dude.

He talked about the possibility of returning to the CFL on the "Handled Internally Blue Bombers Podcast", last Jan. he had no idea whether he would get another shot in the NFL or not.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He talked about the possibility of returning to the CFL on the "Handled Internally Blue Bombers Podcast", last Jan. he had no idea whether he would get another shot in the NFL or not.

Yeah he’s definitely said a couple times that he’s be open to coming back to the CFL.

And obviously none of us have any idea as to what his intentions are: which is why it makes no sense to me why some of you think he’d like to be a half-time starter with Zach as opposed to leading his own team. 

It makes zero sense to me. 

26 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All players want to play and be a starter, however, I would be particularly interested in where you heard him state ANYTHING about CFL opportunities since he left for the NFL. Where did he state this? I think you are mistaken. Strev to my knowledge has not ever at any time entertained a return to the CFL since he left, and would only do so once all his NFL options were exhausted. Then and only then would we know what his intentions, salary, and play time preferences are. Anyone saying they know what a guy like Strev would want is full of beans. He is not your average dude.

You don’t really pay attention then. 

He was ready to come back up to the CFL before he signed with the NYJ  - specifically here. 

9 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

Prukop is good a short and sneak plays only.

Please do not have him throw the ball deep ala GC game grossness.

Piggy you out! Lol

He did have a nice bomb to Demski in the banjo bowl. We don't need Streveler with Pigrom and Brown, I just want to see what Pigrom can do.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Yeah he’s definitely said a couple times that he’s be open to coming back to the CFL.

And obviously none of us have any idea as to what his intentions are: which is why it makes no sense to me why some of you think he’d like to be a half-time starter with Zach as opposed to leading his own team. 

maybe some people have some info that makes them think as such....and with the 2 QB rule...it would be a lot of time on field

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He was ready to come back up to the CFL before he signed with the NYJ  - specifically here. 

I know for a fact his primary intention and want is in Wpg...or nowhere up here...so I approve this comment ;)

9 hours ago, Booch said:

I know for a fact his primary intention and want is in Wpg...or nowhere up here...so I approve this comment ;)

I really hope for the sake of Winnipeg football fans everywhere that one day we see Strevs back in Blue and Gold for one or maybe two more seasons.  Even if he is just the "change of pace" guy again.  Man do I miss those days when he was here.  2019 will forever be a magical season much like 1984 and 1990 for me.

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I really hope for the sake of Winnipeg football fans everywhere that one day we see Strevs back in Blue and Gold for one or maybe two more seasons.  Even if he is just the "change of pace" guy again.  Man do I miss those days when he was here.  2019 will forever be a magical season much like 1984 and 1990 for me.

Super times back then. Great teams. Great crowds. And these too, are the good old days. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-06-27 at 11:46 AM, Geebrr said:

. Sure, if things dry up for him he would come back. That wasn't the conversation though was it. The conversation was would he immediately want to start.  Paying attention goes both ways my friend. If things dry up for him in the NFL, undoubtedly he would likely come back to the CFL and would love a path to becoming a starter. Nowhere in that interview did he say he would ONLY come back as an immediate starter. 

Edited by GCn20

On 2023-06-27 at 11:36 AM, Fatty Liver said:

Yes, and in that podcast he stated pretty clearly that he would come back to the CFL IF no NFL interest came about but he wanted to exhaust every NFL opportunity first. He also stated he would prefer a chance to be a starter. That does not necessarily mean that he would not consider a back up role if a team laid out a very clear path to becoming the starter.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, BomberfanMKS said:

How many more years can we expect Collaros to play?

Turning 35 this year,  maybe 3-4 more seasons?

If Strev gets cut this year I see him signing somewhere else but if it's next year we might be in play

He'll retire in late November 2025, after hoisting the Grey Cup, at home. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

it's what the whole Trinity Era has been building toward....

That's not how it's trending right now, from all appearances they've already peaked and are on their way down.  If we see a strong renewal of personnel next season that may change, but O'Shea has decided to ride players past their peak and this season it appears they've already been surpassed by 2 teams in terms of performance and have fallen off their high mark.  If the Bombers want to remain on top another 2 years O'Shea needs to embrace the reset function as enthusiastically as Wally ever did.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

That's not how it's trending right now, from all appearances they've already peaked and are on their way down.  If we see a strong renewal of personnel next season that may change, but O'Shea has decided to ride players past their peak and this season it appears they've already been surpassed by 2 teams in terms of performance and have fallen off their high mark.  If the Bombers want to remain on top another 2 years O'Shea needs to embrace the reset function as enthusiastically as Wally ever did.

Pretty bold statement after 7 games of an 18 game season.  There is no doubt we have some players that will be aging out but we don't know who or if anyone has surpassed us yet. Unless one game determines that in your mind?

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Our starters are still the best across the board.

I think most of our complaints have to do with depth and rotational players. PR misusage, etc.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I think most of our complaints have to do with depth and rotational players. PR misusage, etc.

Yea...for sure. It's not even our overall depth, as groups like the secondary and OL are abundantly deep. It's more or less roster usage, PR usage, and DL depth. Everything else looks pretty darn good.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...for sure. It's not even our overall depth, as groups like the secondary and OL are abundantly deep. It's more or less roster usage, PR usage, and DL depth. Everything else looks pretty darn good.

For me it's really just DL depth/rotation (which is equally a Walters thing) - and LB rostering. I love the rest of the team across the board. 

12 minutes ago, Jesse said:

basically yup....thats my gripe...

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

For me it's really just DL depth/rotation (which is equally a Walters thing) - and LB rostering. I love the rest of the team across the board. 

basically a total lack of any depth on the D-line, and the one depth piece we do have who I see being somewhat of a possible quality rotation guy (Fox) we have only dressed once...and he fared well.

We have no DE depth at al...none....sure Bennett is on the roster as "depth" but in all honesty he is pretty much below average at best...and doubt he is even on team next yr. Was thinking that Hansen would be back by now, and he would help, but seems like he has hit a hiccup in the rehab

That and how we use the DA and the non use of the Nationalized American...why we are the one team not taking advantage of it is beyond me, and isn't helping our over all roster one bit in not doing so....wasting a DA on a full back is just plain pointless when anyone can be coached up to do that job....and I see no use right now in DA the extra receiver like we did with Agudosi and not using him...Our starters can be more than capably backed up by BOLO..as he can play outside, or inside and really...save for injury how many reps will that DA receiver get?....few if any as we have already seen that this yr, and last year...an extra DL , DB or LB would be way more useful and make way more sense...again why aren't we doing that?....one reason is a useless PR allocation

Edited by Booch

43 minutes ago, Jesse said:

For sure. In a perfect world we would have some replacements on the PR ripening on the vine for our aging guys but we would probably lose them at season's end anyway.

On 2023-06-27 at 11:44 AM, Jesse said:

I think no one really knows how Strev's mind clicks. He is one of a kind.

On 2023-06-27 at 1:05 PM, Booch said:

maybe some people have some info that makes them think as such....and with the 2 QB rule...it would be a lot of time on field

That is what I was getting at. I was arguing against the notion that he must be an immediate starter or he will go elsewhere. I don't believe that to be true.

Edited by GCn20