Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

13 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Houston may also be due for a raise but I think he's more replaceable if need be with ADS and others able to take on a corner spot. The other players that come to mind are Dobson and Eli, depending on contract status.

Dobson has one more year of ELC and Tui just signed a spankin' new 3 year deal late in this past off-season....

22 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Houston may also be due for a raise but I think he's more replaceable if need be with ADS and others able to take on a corner spot. The other players that come to mind are Dobson and Eli, depending on contract status.

Eli signed for 3 yrs...I believe Dobson's option yr is due...so will be a 10% increase from his entry, unless we extend him for more

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You are selling Bailey very very short here.

yup...he makes the tough gritty catches too, and also is kind of a emotional leader for the team...he has a lot of value and not a kind of player u just toss away if its a matter of 5 to 10k

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary was going right at him and walling off the contain main on the kick side for punt.

This is interesting. I'd love to learn more... Was Augustine the contain man and Calgary's blockers were walling him off allowing the returner to break contain and get to the boundary or open field?

51 minutes ago, True Dru said:

This is interesting. I'd love to learn more... Was Augustine the contain man and Calgary's blockers were walling him off allowing the returner to break contain and get to the boundary or open field?

THIS must be all part of the new scheme they trying and is failing...giys with new responsibilities maybe?...because before Augustine been pretty good in kick coverage...especially in play-offs

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

This regime has already proven it will move on if it makes sense money wise and they have some one to replace them. Best example was Andrew Harris.  As long as we keep our key personnel Coaching and Management wise,we will be fine.

He moved on from us because we wanted stipulations that he would play games and have a proper off season and under estimated some one else’s willingness to over pay him. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You are selling Bailey very very short here.

Baileys production for his amount of reps and being the last imp on the hot list plus his blocking and leadership are worth a lot. No doubt he could be a 1k plus guy with ease if he was a teams no1 or 2 target. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He moved on from us because we wanted stipulations that he would play games and have a proper off season and under estimated some one else’s willingness to over pay him. 

Baileys production for his amount of reps and being the last imp on the hot list plus his blocking and leadership are worth a lot. No doubt he could be a 1k plus guy with ease if he was a teams no1 or 2 target. 

People forget as well last yr he had 9 TDs...and over 700 yards...3rd most TDs om team and in top 8 in league...and that was with being basically ignored the first 5..6 games while he did the dirty work for others success...if he was anywhere else he'd be an easy 1000 yard top 10 guy in league..we lucky to have him so cheap

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

We 100% did not want Harris back and were caught in the rock/hard place zone of respecting a player who had done so much but was no longer the same guy.

Edited by Jesse

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

We 100% did not want Harris back and were caught in the rock/hard place zone of respecting a player who had done so much but was no longer the same guy.

i think he not wanting to take a fitness test, and prove his health/skill level was nail in his coffin here and made it easier for Walters....that and the facthe had rubbed a lot of vets the wrong way in 2022 just added to it....and since he has lef has done nothing of note....for about 65k more of a hit to the SMS than BO

Imagine if we had retained him, and BO didn't get that yr last yr to learn/grow/find himself, he would have been doing that basically this yr, and may have never found his groove.....so things happen for a reason, and the smart football minds here allowed it to happen.

I bet when all said and done, BO if he stays healthy will likely eclipse Harris's rushing numbers here, and will be a one team guy his career, as he is a humble and kid and truly feels privledged to be on his hometown team for all the right reasons

1 hour ago, Booch said:

i think he not wanting to take a fitness test, and prove his health/skill level was nail in his coffin here and made it easier for Walters....that and the facthe had rubbed a lot of vets the wrong way in 2022 just added to it....and since he has lef has done nothing of note....for about 65k more of a hit to the SMS than BO

Imagine if we had retained him, and BO didn't get that yr last yr to learn/grow/find himself, he would have been doing that basically this yr, and may have never found his groove.....so things happen for a reason, and the smart football minds here allowed it to happen.

I bet when all said and done, BO if he stays healthy will likely eclipse Harris's rushing numbers here, and will be a one team guy his career, as he is a humble and kid and truly feels privledged to be on his hometown team for all the right reasons

He can blow the rushing numbers out of the water. Will never get the opportunity to get the receiving numbers Andrew has.

31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He can blow the rushing numbers out of the water. Will never get the opportunity to get the receiving numbers Andrew has.

AND wouldnt want him too....that would mean we had a stale stagnate offence in my opinion

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And an oc who doesn't live and die on dump offs to running backs.

exactly

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Hodge doesn’t think Ford will come back up here this year - so I expect him back in a few weeks. 

hahahah....Hodge.....he's funny

I can't see any team PR'n a guy with zero U.S football experience when there are literally hundreds of guys like him available down there with it....I still shocked he even got a look and stuck around as long as he did

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

We had a contract offer in for him, he declined the contingencies. So no we didn’t 100% not want him back. 
 Harris is still capable of a Demski esq role in the slot position too imo. Maybe 80 or 85% as effective as a slot but that’s still a lot. 

13 hours ago, Booch said:

People forget as well last yr he had 9 TDs...and over 700 yards...3rd most TDs om team and in top 8 in league...and that was with being basically ignored the first 5..6 games while he did the dirty work for others success...if he was anywhere else he'd be an easy 1000 yard top 10 guy in league..we lucky to have him so cheap

Yeah that’s a whole lot of production for a 4th wr. 
 I could see a push for woli to take an even friendlier team deal bolo right on his heels. And I think he would though I don’t think woli plays into his mid 30s. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

hahahah....Hodge.....he's funny

I can't see any team PR'n a guy with zero U.S football experience when there are literally hundreds of guys like him available down there with it....I still shocked he even got a look and stuck around as long as he did

More and more nfl teams are pring risky high upside athletes with low experience. Ayo oyelola is still with the jags after we had him. 
 Doesn’t take much for a coach to fall in love with an athletic guy who is high character or has some specific tangible they look for. 
 I’d love to have both here still. I wish we had more guys like ayo and less like machino, schmekel or even schmitz. 

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We had a contract offer in for him, he declined the contingencies. So no we didn’t 100% not want him back. 
 Harris is still capable of a Demski esq role in the slot position too imo. Maybe 80 or 85% as effective as a slot but that’s still a lot. 

Sure, as long as he was willing to come in and be paid less than Augustine. The offer was PR, nothing more. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Sure, as long as he was willing to come in and be paid less than Augustine. The offer was PR, nothing more. 

I believe the contract that was offered was heavy on incentives. Including a fitness test before TC. Which was due to him not being focused the previous off season (which imo is understandable considering he was going through personal stuff). He also lost the trust of coaches and other vets due to his 2021 issues.

They wanted him back, but they wanted him to want to be here as bad as Brady. And he just didn't. 

Just now, Jesse said:

he had an offer to pay him for what his role was "going" to be....not what his role "used" to be....he was not going to be the feature back here last yr if he would have accepted, and he had to take a fitness test, and complete physical....and he didn't like that part of it...probably because he knew the results were going to be less than stellar

Kudos to him milking the Argos for 160k last year....money well spent....not!!

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

he had an offer to pay him for what his role was "going" to be....not what his role "used" to be....he was not going to be the feature back here last yr if he would have accepted, and he had to take a fitness test, and complete physical....and he didn't like that part of it...probably because he knew the results were going to be less than stellar

Kudos to him milking the Argos for 160k last year....money well spent....not!!

Exactly.

We're arguing semantics on this one. Some you see that and think we wanted him back, I see that and think that we didn't really want him back

Bombers definitely hoped Andrew would just retire and they could let him walk off into the sunset with nothing but happy feelings. Then he said he wanted to keep playing so we created all these conditions to make it possible because they didn't want to create resentment.