Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

even if he just came back to play Teams and sub in a bit in the secondary for the back half of the season, that'd be outstanding. Is he still technically "ours" if he wants to come back to the CFL? 

nm - found it: 

The CFL’s NFL window dictate that Ford will need to sign back with the Blue Bombers if he returns to the CFL before February 2025, which is when his original rookie contract would have expired.

Does Ford have a certain length of time to catch on?  Before guys couldn't sign to PR and had 10 days after release to get on an active roster otherwise had to report back to CFL team.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

he could fill Darby's role, and allow us to dress a import dlineman....and also I would immediately put him in for Kramdi...and use that as our sole position on defence and use 4 imports on the dline, with heavy Lawson rotation to keep inside guys fresh and a slight sprinkling of Thomas...then we be talking!

Ford was a fresh new face...Schoen was a 2x already guy....and NFL looks downward toward college walk-ons and have even more disregard for ones who go undrafted too....he was behind 8 ball, and was already up there in age

Also possible Schoen is just one of those dudes who is perfect with the waggle. That was suspected by some.

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Also possible Schoen is just one of those dudes who is perfect with the waggle. That was suspected by some.

I'd bet my life on him being a more productive NFL player today than anyone 5th on a NFL depth chart today (the last or 2nd last receiver dressed).  I can't believe some of the teams that run more spread stuff and use more receivers didn't sign him.

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd bet my life on him being a more productive NFL player today than anyone 5th on a NFL depth chart today (the last or 2nd last receiver dressed).  I can't believe some of the teams that run more spread stuff and use more receivers didn't sign him.

our gain tho ...so thank you NFL for your stupid biases....funny enough there are a shitton of guys on NFL rosters and PR's who wouldnt make a roster up here....go figure eh?....and many up here who could easily supplant an NFL rostered guy

13 hours ago, Booch said:

he could fill Darby's role, and allow us to dress a import dlineman....and also I would immediately put him in for Kramdi...and use that as our sole position on defence and use 4 imports on the dline, with heavy Lawson rotation to keep inside guys fresh and a slight sprinkling of Thomas...then we be talking!

Ford was a fresh new face...Schoen was a 2x already guy....and NFL looks downward toward college walk-ons and have even more disregard for ones who go undrafted too....he was behind 8 ball, and was already up there in age

Imo, Schoen just doesn't move like a prototypical NFL receiver and teams just aren't willing to flesh that out. It's a league where you might get a 5 minute look to convince someone and Schoen just needs more than 5 minutes to impress I guess.

Edited by GCn20

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Does Ford have a certain length of time to catch on?  Before guys couldn't sign to PR and had 10 days after release to get on an active roster otherwise had to report back to CFL team.

I believe the rule is still the same. 10 days after clearing waivers and their CFL contract is reactivated. At that point they are not eligible for the NFL anymore.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Ford would be a nice addition.....We aren't in short supply of talented DB'S  but the more the merrier....Is that being greedy????damn straight...

A Canadian one who can start immediately...Bring it on....He played very well when he got in actual games here, and in his start......and definately is a huge upgrade over Kramdi at SAM...

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

A Canadian one who can start immediately...Bring it on....He played very well when he got in actual games here, and in his start......and definately is a huge upgrade over Kramdi at SAM...

he was really good in his only start last year... I know 2.5 quarters of the game was against back ups... but I recall him doing well against starters too... was hoping he could be a ratio changer at corner this year  

55 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Ford would be a nice addition.....We aren't in short supply of talented DB'S  but the more the merrier....Is that being greedy????damn straight...

A NAT DB of his calibre is always welcome. Last year he played lights out when given a chance. He also excelled on the teams last year, so at the very least he brings a ton to the table there.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

he was really good in his only start last year... I know 2.5 quarters of the game was against back ups... but I recall him doing well against starters too... was hoping he could be a ratio changer at corner this year  

IT was impressive...shocking actually but in a good way

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

A NAT DB of his calibre is always welcome. Last year he played lights out when given a chance. He also excelled on the teams last year, so at the very least he brings a ton to the table there.

he was impressive...I would be totally fine with him as a starting HB....and allow us to use an import elsewher on defence...hello dline

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Rourke stuff is insufferable.  Dozens of Canadians in NCAA and NFL.  Not even half the hype around Tre Ford at any point here.

Wonder why TSN is so far up the Rourke families butts.

yeah I sick of it...and could care less about them to be honest....too many others doing just as well or better

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Rourke stuff is insufferable.  Dozens of Canadians in NCAA and NFL.  Not even half the hype around Tre Ford at any point here.

If Ford wants to start throwing for 400 yards a game and jump to the NFL, he can get that attention too.

Just now, Jesse said:

If Ford wants to start throwing for 400 yards a game and jump to the NFL, he can get that attention too.

Yeah well Ford is also a born and bread...and Trained...key word there all his life in Canada...Rourkieboi went us prep school before university down there...so a bit diff..and really against the elite teams up here...didn't win spit...

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's Farhan driving the bus on it I think. He simply won't write about anything else...lol.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It is completely insufferable....but it was bound to happen with the first NAT QB that actually looked really good in the CFL. TSN has been pumping NAT QB for many years now, and they probably feel all their hard work finally paid off with the Rourke's. lol. Makes the swing and misses they made on the Brandon Bridge/O'Connor hype trains look like distant memories.

Edited by GCn20

really tho...who cares about a Canadian QB??....Are Canadian RB'S....WR'S...DE'S...etc just totally insignificant??? What does it matter what position an elite Canadian plays is my question...promote em all...or promote none

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he's BARELY a "Canadian" QB. He's about as Canadian as Ben Cahoon. That's the **** that pisses me off. 

Isn't he born and raised in Canada until his football training took him south? 

Wasn't Cahoon fully from like Utah and just had some family relation in Canada to qualify as a NI? Not unlike Woli right now?

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Isn't he born and raised in Canada until his football training took him south? 

Wasn't Cahoon fully from like Utah and just had some family relation in Canada to qualify as a NI? Not unlike Woli right now?

Cahoon's National status was biggest joke ever to be honest...Woli has more claim to than Cahoon

Rourke was born here but all of his formative training that actually matters was in the U.S....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Cahoon's National status was biggest joke ever to be honest...Woli has more claim to than Cahoon

Rourke was born here but all of his formative training that actually matters was in the U.S....

He attended High School in Canada till his senior year then went to a US prep school. His brother did all his high schooling in Canada. Wolitarsky is basically Ben Cahoon.

Rourke was born in Victoria, British Columbia but grew up in Oakville, Ontario. He played minor football for the Burlington Stampeders before playing for three years at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School in Oakville.[2] He transferred to Edgewood Academy in Elmore, Alabama, for his senior season of high school football.[3] After his grade 12 season, he committed to play college football at Fort Scott Community College in Fort Scott, Kansas

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I believe the scenario was he once ate a bag of ketchup chips while watching a Beachcombers episode

Cahoon spent part of his childhood in Cardston, Alberta, and is therefore considered a non-import under the CFL's import/non-import ratio rule.[4]

Cahoon was born in Utah but qualified as a Canadian in the CFL because his parents were Canadian and he spent time as a youth in Alberta. Throughout his career Cahoon steadfastly maintained he felt he was Canadian despite being born in the U.S. and attending both high school and college in Utah.[5]