CHAMPS vs. Flappers - early thread

Mark H.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think the Wally Buono dumps players before they drop off angle is far over used and over exaggerated here.

I think Wally Buono being able to recruit HOF QBs was a much larger factor in his success then his ability to cut a player.

Wally dumped veteran players because he didn't want to pay them. Not because of their so called, "Best Before Date". He was a cheap bastard. If he could find what he thought was a cheaper alternative to a higher paid veteran which were younger players then he'd do that. He cut Allen Pitts to sign Travis Moore. Pitts was so upset that a man who said Pitts was, "Like a son to him" would treat him so badly. Even 20 years later with Wally long gone, first to BC & then retirement, still Pitts wants nothing to do with the Stamps. Then, two years later, he lost Moore to the Riders because they offered him $5,000 more per season. Moore even talked to Wally saying he'd sign with the Stamps if he matched the Riders offer & Buono refused. So, Moore went to the Riders & played very well. 

There's a long list of disgruntled players he did that to who played with the Stamps & Lions when he was Head Coach & GM of those teams. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

notes from the Als injury list: 

The Al’s Worthy has been a real weapon for them. 

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He says that every game so I take it with a grain of salt. He's on Twitter. I've talked with him a few rimes. He's engaging & respectful. Just trying to increase his followers. 

Talked on the tweets? 

It's been said again and again... The best chance anyone had to beat us was Calgary last week. Who's gonna get a better chance than that? If they couldn't do it while shooting their best shot, we might honestly go undefeated until we rest guys for the playoff run, which could happen any week now since we've already clinched a playoff spot.... 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it just me that wants to drop one to the Als so there is no chance our first loss comes to the Riders?

My brain is broken.

I want to win every game. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

The bad news for the league is that we are 8-0 through the nightmare first half schedule. 

The reverse starts Friday. 

The better schedule starts after our break in mid August Week 11. Freaking Week 11??? Like WTH, CFL??? Get your damned act together with the schedule maker. Not only is it unfair. It's insane.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Don’t quite understand why Ricky Walker is on the injury report each day as a full participant in practice.

I believe it's because the league is trying to be more transparent when healthy guys are placed on the 1 game injured list.

Look at the Als, they have 4 healthy guys listed in their injury report.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I want to win every game. 

The better schedule starts after our break in mid August Week 11. Freaking Week 11??? Like WTH, CFL??? Get your damned act together with the schedule maker. Not only is it unfair. It's insane.

Unfair is the team that is going have to play this schedule in the last half of the season. I think we lucked out it was in the first half not the last half.

McCrae has been on filed...Harrison hasn't touched it....why even dress him if not gonna use him...especially when McCrae apparently knows all the receiver roles...my one Osh fault...he seems to do some odd things roster wise, and not the first time he dresses guys for no particular reason as they never touch the field, even when injury happens...

Interesting we took both extra ends off the roster, but like we added a DT to solidify the middle....have Liked what Walker has done when in before.

18 hours ago, Geebrr said:

We weren’t going to keep 4 QBs so Mancuso was not a big shock. 

Mancuso's CV described him as an interesting prospect and I am mildly surprised they kept Prokop who has not shown a lot- not even all that good at short yardage plunges. Oh well, that is probably why I wasn't offer the position of Director of Scouting.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

McCrae has been on filed...Harrison hasn't touched it....why even dress him if not gonna use him...especially when McCrae apparently knows all the receiver roles...my one Osh fault...he seems to do some odd things roster wise, and not the first time he dresses guys for no particular reason as they never touch the field, even when injury happens...

Interesting we took both extra ends off the roster, but like we added a DT to solidify the middle....have Liked what Walker has done when in before.

Something is up with that, the only backup DE is Hansen, you would think Jeffcoat especially would require heavy rotation to get back into game shape. I can't see them using their 3 DT set specifically more against the Als unless they're experimenting with something.