Week Six: Non Champ Games

I didn't think Dolegala sucked, Considering the little practice & prep time he had I thought he played pretty well. Toronto is some kind of screwed up team. They had problems defensively covering those inexperienced receivers for the Riders. Dinwiddie with only a couple of minutes left in the first half tries a 61 yard FG with the most inconsistent kicker in the CFL. Why??? Pin the Riders deep with the time left. Don't give them an opportunity to score. But. that's what Dinwiddie did.

As I said earlier, I thought Dolegala played well. But let's face it, these tall & lanky qbs even if they can run to avoid a sack aren't the future of the CFL at qb anymore. Guys with skill sets like Collaros, Rourke, Massoli, Maier are the future of the CFL. When I say Collaros, I know that age wise he only has a few years left. However, I completely refer to his skill set & intelligence.

More & more young qbs will be coming up the college ranks in the years to come that will have those skill set. The stand in the pocket passers will go the way of the Dinosaurs. Because defensive players are faster than ever qbs have to be able to adapt. They'll have to be able to throw with accuracy from anywhere on the field while on the run or under pressure. They won't have time to stop, set their feet & throw like Taylor Cornelius, Bo Levi Mitchell or MBT have to. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, Nolby said:

Suitor can talk about the weirdest stuff or random things but he's nowhere near a Rod Black and I'll take that every game.

suitor reminds me of the CBC television news  6 pm evening crew.... 

ie lot of unwarranted self importance and self love. odd how it seeps into whoever he works with.

I was thinking yesterday, I would rather have rod black.

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I didn't think Dolegala sucked, Considering the little practice & prep time he had I thought he played pretty well.

Agreed. I thought he looked better than Faj, though that's a really low bar.

Dolegala sucked pretty bad.  He stared everything down, almost through about six picks and has no quick or short game.

He has an arm though and can make the highlight reel throw to the spot on the deep routes in man coverage.

Don’t see much utility for the guy in this league though.  Need to process and move a lot faster.

39 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Riderfans realizing how easy their schedule to start this year was and how it's actually going and how much harder it's gonna get. They're talking about the wins they'll need to compile to get a cross over now.

they better hope to win labour day at IGF west... because I don't like their chances with 2 games at IGF east this year

yup....wins against the league bottom dwellers, and really not convincingly should have been a red flag and alarming...and the severe lack of depth at many positions, and the pisspoor lockeroom culture there just compounds it....coupled with a HC with no clue or idea...sure they have some injuries....deal with it....we missing how many starters who are basically league all-stars?...played with several who are hurt...still hurt but you wouldn't know it as none are whining in the media about it...Hi CoFaj!...as well as had to replace half our recieving corp...starting RB and Left Guard...D-Tackle...Dime...and all world CB...And are what...oh yeah...7 and 0 and u can chalk that all up to the players we employ, the culture here, and a coaching staff that has a clue, and control of their team when need be, but onus is on the players to police it until the Boss needs to say a few things...yup..FIFO is a real thing and is chillin' on top of the Grey Cup for 2 seasons....and counting

Don't you guys know...if the Bombers had to deal with the injuries the criders have the records would be similar! Bombers are just lucky they haven't had their top 2 receivers go down...followed by back up receivers going down over and over again...I mean could you imagine if they had to play without a starting WIL...or SAM....or Safety...or DE? It's just ridiculous the lack of injuries the Bombers have had to deal with this year! (according to some at riderfans no other team is dealing with significant injuries)

it's because Rider fans are to clueless to realize our players playing right now are back-ups....not starters....it confuses them because our back-ups are better than their starters....so u have to be easy on them as homeschooled grade 7 educations don't allow for critical thinking.

And really?...other than Robertson, (who is good but feasted on the lesser rans this yr)  who are they missing who is an impact player?...Shaq and Swerve?....gimme a break, ones a head case who pouts and is soft...the other is a guy if you cant hit him in the numbers within 10...12 yards cant track, better yet even catch a ball downfield worth spit. CoFaj?....yeah ok...he should be relegated to back-up change of pace duties, as he had been his whole career...who else is missing there?...and Duke missing but up till then what has he done to garner 275k other than make his team act like idiots, as he is a proclaimed "leader" there...there main issue is tied to a core of for lack of better losers.....a HC over his head...management and scouting who have done a horrendous job of bringing in talent, and or adressing 3...4 yr old issues...shameful

Only guy that I would want off that roster is KSB but he would need to be deloused first as he has taken on the act like a dumbass personality from the cancers there, and would need a FIFO tutorial....Hickson....he would thrive here as RB1...feel sorry for him stuck there, and Dean...the rest....not!!

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Don't you guys know...if the Bombers had to deal with the injuries the criders have the records would be similar! Bombers are just lucky they haven't had their top 2 receivers go down...followed by back up receivers going down over and over again...I mean could you imagine if they had to play without a starting WIL...or SAM....or Safety...or DE? It's just ridiculous the lack of injuries the Bombers have had to deal with this year! (according to some at riderfans no other team is dealing with significant injuries)

Can you imagine if the Bombers had to play a game without Ellingson and Demski?!.... surely they would lose that...

yeh KSB is a damn good receiver - maybe the best Nat Rec in the league.

Cofaj has the benefit of much better processing and mobility vs. Doegala - Which is entirely to be expected for a young QB on his first start without significant starter reps.

Doegala throws with good velocity and once he calmed down his accuracy wasn't terrible (the corner route TD he threw was quite nice).  That being said, the CFL QB cast-off graveyard is littered with guys who can throw a good ball but can't process a defense at a pro level.  Doegala is definitely looking like a guy who needs a couple years as backup before he's even close to being ready.

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Can you imagine if the Bombers had to play a game without Ellingson and Demski?!.... surely they would lose that...

Imagine Winnipeg without two top receivers such as Ellingston and Demski, an all-CFL C such as Couture, an all-CFL S like Alexander, their WIL Kyrie Wilson and an all-CFL DE such as Jeffcoat. They might only win by 2 TDs.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

coupled with a HC with no clue or idea.

man that guy is 26-13 in the past three seasons.  if what you say about his roster and culture is true, he shouldn't be winning 2/3 of his games.  Someone deserves the credit for all the winning they've been doing over there.

The riders have a good team and a good coach, just not good enough to beat us at any point.

if you take Winnipeg games out of the equation, the Riders' record goes from very good to stellar.  We are basically their kryptonite.

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

man that guy is 26-13 in the past three seasons.  if what you say about his roster and culture is true, he shouldn't be winning 2/3 of his games.  Someone deserves the credit for all the winning they've been doing over there.

The riders have a good team and a good coach, just not good enough to beat us at any point.

if you take Winnipeg games out of the equation, the Riders' record goes from very good to stellar.  We are basically their kryptonite.

Shivers

teams can also win despite themselves....case in point there....and some of those "wins" were classic cases of other teams "losing" It is shocking the wins they have gotten all things considered....nothing to do with the coach tho

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Shivers

i dont see any banners or cups...thats winning...not getting some wins during the year....but all your faults and flaws rear up in post season...over and over....time to reboot

9 minutes ago, johnzo said:

he riders have a good team and a good coach, just not good enough to beat us at any point.

I disagree,  especially about the good coach part. They got a good defence and a good special teams coach but as a head coach in wouldn't want Dickenson. 

Really they are just taller than the other midgets in the league.

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The Riders have been fortunate as well - outside of the Bombers, the rest of the league has been average at best over the last couple seasons.  The entire East division has been trash for a while, Calgary was not playing up to their standards while Bo was hurt, the L's haven't won a home game in 3 years and BC has been a bottom two team in the West since 2017.  

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I disagree,  especially about the good coach part. They got a good defence and a good special teams coach but as a head coach in wouldn't want Dickenson. 

Really they are just taller than the other midgets in the league.

This.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And really?...other than Robertson, (who is good but feasted on the lesser rans this yr)  who are they missing who is an impact player?...Shaq and Swerve?....gimme a break, ones a head case who pouts and is soft...the other is a guy if you cant hit him in the numbers within 10...12 yards cant track, better yet even catch a ball downfield worth spit. CoFaj?....yeah ok...he should be relegated to back-up change of pace duties, as he had been his whole career...who else is missing there?...and Duke missing but up till then what has he done to garner 275k other than make his team act like idiots, as he is a proclaimed "leader" there...there main issue is tied to a core of for lack of better losers.....a HC over his head...management and scouting who have done a horrendous job of bringing in talent, and or adressing 3...4 yr old issues...shameful

Shame, you failed to mention Robertson was leading the league in sacks before he was wiped out. Using Sask. math, that makes him the second best DE in the league this season next to Charleston Hughes.