2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don't revel in things of this nature as it's bad for the league as a whole.

I am embarrassed as a CFL fan that this idiocy is part of our league and there's seemingly nothing to be done beyond a BS suspension. 

Yeah I don’t like the bad publicity that’s associated with the CFL, it’s a wonderful league, with skilled players, rich history and strong diversity. To someone who knows little about the league this is a bad way to introduce the league.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, after the apology by the Riders & Marino, if they appeal the suspension then what they say meant nothing.

A guy can be guilty, agree that he’s guilty and not be satisfied with the penalty. Chris Edwards as an example. Martesano said he won’t appeal and neither would the CFLPA. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Laws, contracts, and policies continue to evolve. As an example John Diefenbaker defining the Bill of Rights was a cornerstone and signalled a change that eventually would bring about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. 

I'm trying to remember if a player has ever been banned from the league for onfield stuff.  

I can think of a couple of banned guys -- there was Manziel violating his contract conditions and there was a dude who had a bad domestic on him and the league either voided his contract or said they wouldn't register one for him -- but those were things that happened away from the field.

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Laws, contracts, and policies continue to evolve. As an example John Diefenbaker defining the Bill of Rights was a cornerstone and signalled a change that eventually would bring about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. 

but master. ......... judges ignored the diefenbaker bill of rights.... properly, cause he was from saskatchewan. a known Riders fan.   this was the argument that scc wisely accepted!

I am liking the nickname series. koresh ups the ante.

maybe, beelzebub next? 😂

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Marino is one or two hits away from being thrown out of the league. A leopard can't change his spots. He's done & he knows it.

The thing is that every single player in this league knows it too, and are going to provoke the crap out of him. Does anyone believe he will grit his teeth and take it. I don't. 

45 minutes ago, Mark F said:

but master. ......... judges ignored the diefenbaker bill of rights.... properly, cause he was from saskatchewan. a known Riders fan.   this was the argument that scc wisely accepted!

I am liking the nickname series. koresh ups the ante.

maybe, beelzebub next? 😂

Ahhh! A friend? :)

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Marino issues apology, told cflpa to not appeal suspension.

says masoli hit was unintentional.

Might be that admitting it was intentional would be invitation to a law suit. 

looks like a lawyer drafted the thing.

Guess well see whats next for this guy.

He did not apologize for trying to take out Boyds knees a few plays earlier, barely alluded to the hit that injured Masoli, made most of his apology about a "misunderstanding" of his racist comments, and made no apology for the grotesque victory lap he did knowing full well he ended a man's season and had just been ejected for it. 

This apology is almost condescending. How anyone could think this is a proper apology is beyond me. The Riders organization should have at least made sure their pre-written apology that they wrote for Marino contained an apology for each suspension. All he seems sorry for was the racist comments.

Edited by GCn20