2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

16 hours ago, Nolby said:

I was born in 84 so my memories of these great Ds in the 80s are foggy so, where does last year's defensive team rank for some of the older Bomber fans?

Neck and neck with the '90 defence.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I asked my 70 year old uncle, who is a rabid Bombers fan, about the '21 D vs the legendary 80s Bombers D, and he said this is better. They've never had a front 7 at the same level as the one from last year...

I disagree. I am not suggesting that the 90 defensive front 7 is better than now but I would put them as equals. That 90 D had a pretty awesome front 7 too.

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

here's the thing: Each generation is better than the last, because of improvements to health and training...... and today's athletes would dominate previous ones.

For sure. There is no doubt about that.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not in 1984. Guys didn't show up overweight. They did in the earlier years up to the mid 70's but after that players were expected to work out, lift weights, do cardio & eat right in the off season as they do now. They were on training regimens. Training Camp is pure hell. Why anyone would show up 20 lbs overweight & then suffer for a month afterwards is beyond me. It's just stupidity.

Hawerchuk smoked 2 packs a day and the extent of his off season workout regimen was playing summer beer league in Gimli. I know, I played on his team. That guy would have been ridiculous if he had trained, ate right, not smoked.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Hawerchuk smoked 2 packs a day and the extent of his off season workout regimen was playing summer beer league in Gimli. I know, I played on his team. That guy would have been ridiculous if he had trained, ate right, not smoked.

Had the chance to hear him speak and it was how they had a coke machine in the dressing room, spagetti and meatballs for a pre game meal or a burger and yeah the smoking. Pretty remarkable.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

So a lot of similarities with the Charles Roberts fitness regime. Lol

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-dont-deserve-an-a-for-accountability

“The CFL’s flagship franchise has become a flagged-ship franchise. This is on top of the recent hits to the team’s once-pristine reputation.”

How can you cram so much nonsense into 2 sentences?

Flagship franchise?  Pristine reputation?

What? When? What?! 

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

I remember that famous "Code of Conduct".   May need some editing...

“All of this has prompted discussions as to whether there has been sufficient adherence to the Roughriders’ code of conduct.

When we attempted to access the code via the team’s website on Tuesday, the response was this: PAGE NOT FOUND.”

You literally cannot make up how hilariously terrible this franchise is.

22 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-dont-deserve-an-a-for-accountability

“The CFL’s flagship franchise has become a flagged-ship franchise. This is on top of the recent hits to the team’s once-pristine reputation.”

What? When? What?! 

hahahahahaha they literally believe it

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What? When? What?! 

Its called self-pity- AKA "poor me".

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why are they called flagship? In who's eyes is that? And what is reason for it? It's league joke if anything 

Vanstone calls them that in nearly every article he writes.  I guess he believes in the saying that if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as the truth (to Rider fans anyway).

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Had the chance to hear him speak and it was how they had a coke machine in the dressing room, spagetti and meatballs for a pre game meal or a burger and yeah the smoking. Pretty remarkable.

Carbo loading was a big thing back then before games.  That TV commercial with Doug Gilmour and Mike Vernon was a real thing.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Vanstone calls them that in nearly every article he writes.  I guess he believes in the saying that if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as the truth (to Rider fans anyway).

IF they're viewed as the 'flagship'....which is bull$hit....then that ship is listing badly and headed for 'davey joneses locker'

So...10 players in riders in various stages of vivid...so obviously several can't be saying....que up the new pre made excuses....depth gonna be severely affected there...couldn't happen to a better group of arsebags...Duke musta been spitting at his team too....and if does have it too ..not a good look spitting on Argos.

Just now, bigg jay said:

Another cancelled practice for the Riders... I wonder at what point they start to consider postponing the game?

Just cancel them hahah....

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Vanstone calls them that in nearly every article he writes

not quite as laughable as the   "CANADA'S TEAM"

that they kept shoveling out there for a few years.

😂

finally mercifully shelved .....I guess the mockery and derision was more than even those 🤡s could handle.

I would have allowed it if they had used "Canada's hillbillies team". 

Edited by Mark F