2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

How clueless and tone deaf is Craig Dickenson?

Try this one on for size, I can barely type it out because it both astounds me and makes me laugh at the Riders at the same time.

"Goodness gracious, it would be rough if we all were judged on our worst moment" - Craig "if the glove don't fit you must acquit" Dickenson

Might be the dumbest comment I've heard in some time. 

Craig you realize that literally thousands of people a day go to court and then are sentenced to jail on the basis they are being judged on their worst moment? It is how we keep the humans on this rock called earth from devolving into complete anarchy. Ted Kasczinski? Solid professor that helped educate countless young men and women....misunderstood because of this little Unabomber thing...at least according to Dickie's logic.

Craig do yourself a favor and just shut up now, the more you talk the more respect you are losing.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Rich said:

But the union's job is to protect their members (current and future)

all of their members. .

Collaros, and Masoli are members. They need to be protected too, from players that have shown that they will not play within the rules.

Collaros mentioned this in his brief interview on this. 

They can have their own set of rules about when a player will be represented. not just blind defending , appealing, no matter what.

as was said earlier post .... bigg jay.

Edited by Mark F

back at criderfans they're still complaining "why weren't people upset at other players who were dirty!"....as if people weren't. And they think this will help galvanize their team with a "us againt the world" mentality. That may be true if they had any actual leadership on their squad. They don't...so this is only going to cause issues for the rest of the year...especially when/if submarino plays again. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

back at criderfans they're still complaining "why weren't people upset at other players who were dirty!"....as if people weren't. And they think this will help galvanize their team with a "us againt the world" mentality. That may be true if they had any actual leadership on their squad. They don't...so this is only going to cause issues for the rest of the year...especially when/if submarino plays again. 

Wasn't everyone going after Lawrence earlier this year when he hit CoFaj high?

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Some of their delusions and hot takes, aren’t even funny anymore it’s straight up scary, like calling Masoli a snow flake, the league wide conspiracy against the riders, winning a Grey Cup for Marino’s honour, calling the rallying of the rough riders together a great Canadian moment, similar to “we the North” or “**** Brooklyn”. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Of course. But that's not good enough! 

They're also talking about why people outside the org don't want Marino on the field again..."Why doesn't he get a chance to redeem himself"...and fair enough, I can see their point (even though he has shown in 12 games that this is a pattern and not a one off) but why would the criders WANT to give him ANOTHER chance? What has he done to deserve it? That's what I don't understand, all this defense of a mediocre american DT...

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Short memories over there in Stubblejumperville. Whataboutism is always a tactic for insecure losers, though.

The level to which many have gone to either give Marino the benefit of the doubt or flat out defend him is appalling.

The Arbuckle trade should have cost the Riders the 4th round pick, not the RBs. 

(I know, I know, it's just that the Riders get off without any punishment. Marino being off the team is good news for the OL and QBs that he was going to hurt over the next four games.)

55 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How clueless and tone deaf is Craig Dickenson?

Try this one on for size, I can barely type it out because it both astounds me and makes me laugh at the Riders at the same time.

"Goodness gracious, it would be rough if we all were judged on our worst moment" - Craig "if the glove don't fit you must acquit" Dickenson

Might be the dumbest comment I've heard in some time. 

Craig you realize that literally thousands of people a day go to court and then are sentenced to jail on the basis they are being judged on their worst moment? It is how we keep the humans on this rock called earth from devolving into complete anarchy. Ted Kasczinski? Solid professor that helped educate countless young men and women....misunderstood because of this little Unabomber thing...at least according to Dickie's logic.

Craig do yourself a favor and just shut up now, the more you talk the more respect you are losing.

Your examples are great. Good argument. We are judged on our poorest conduct. 

Edited by Rod Black

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Short memories over there in Stubblejumperville. Whataboutism is always a tactic for insecure losers, though.

The level to which many have gone to either give Marino the benefit of the doubt or flat out defend him is appalling.

yeah but jeffcoat hit a player in the head 3 years ago!! Why aren't you mad about that!! HUH!!!?!?!?

Just now, Rod Black said:

Your examples are great good argument. Some peoples worse moments are badder than others. We are judged on our poorest conduct. 

Especially repeat offenders. And Marino fits that bill extremely well. He's a dirtbag and there's nothing to suggest he's a good or well-intentioned person.

30 minutes ago, Mark F said:

all of their members. .

Collaros, and Masoli are members. They need to be protected too, from players that have shown that they will not play within the rules.

Collaros mentioned this in his brief interview on this. 

They can have their own set of rules about when a player will be represented. not just blind defending , appealing, no matter what.

as was said earlier post .... bigg jay.

The union has the obligation to represent their membership, they do not have the obligation to defend them. In a case like Marino's if they opt to not appeal based on what they know of the situation, they are free to not do so.

6 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Your examples are great good argument. Some peoples worse moments are badder than others. We are judged on our poorest conduct. 

When our poorest conduct adversely affects the lives and livelihoods of others, you damn right we should be judged on that. Just a ridiculous take by Dickenson. In fairness the rest of his quote goes on to say that he should not be judged forever by one action. True...however, Dickenson has completely failed to pass judgement in any way at a time it would be extremely appropriate to do so. So...yea...bad take overall Dickie. He's not asking for a chance at redemption...he's asking for current absolution...and doesn't understand at all how completely revolting his ask is.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

No different than any union defending employees who abuse the system and create work. grief, and stress in the workplace for other union members. Anyone who has worked in a union environment and been stuck working with one of these types knows that unions are great....except in circumstances like this. 

Although I've worked alongside some hard working union reps, some of the most work-aversive guys I have ever seen are shop stewards.

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Although I've worked alongside some hard working union reps, some of the most work-aversive guys I have ever seen are shop stewards.

Lmao. Your not alone. 

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The union has the obligation to represent their membership, they do not have the obligation to defend them. In a case like Marino's if they opt to not appeal based on what they know of the situation, they are free to not do so.

When our poorest conduct adversely affects the lives and livelihoods of others, you damn right we should be judged on that. Just a ridiculous take by Dickenson. In fairness the rest of his quote goes on to say that he should not be judged forever by one action. True...however, Dickenson has completely failed to pass judgement in any way at a time it would be extremely appropriate to do so. So...yea...bad take overall Dickie. He's not asking for a chance at redemption...he's asking for current absolution...and doesn't understand at all how completely revolting his ask is.

Martinaro is losing his chance to apologize. Dorkson and his player need to throw themselves on the sword, to move on. 

49 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

One only has to go back to the thread at Riderfans after Collaros got taken out by Lawrence to see just how astoundingly hyprocritical some of them are being right now.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

From a union perspective, while they may not agree or like Marino, they will defend and fight for him if they are worried about a precedent being set that may impact other members down the road.

Personally, I'd rather see Marino thrown out of the league.  Too many clips and evidence that he plays with intent to injure.   But the union's job is to protect their members (current and future)

Entitled to representation to spell out his rights and ensure they are followed, but there's already strong recent precedent for the league to ban immediately and ongoing registered contracts for certain players who had off the field conduct that they felt tarnished the league, even without charges and/or before convictions.

This incident crosses the line to off-the-field conduct with the race based trash talk and behaviour after the play, if the on-the-field conduct isn't enough.

Still can't believe Riders are willing to die on this hill.  I knew the older Dickenson was a moron who wasn't fit to be a head coach but this is crazy.

Can't believe the CFLPA will be as stupid. 

30 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Yep. They are usually the first in line for the position. lol

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Entitled to representation to spell out his rights and ensure they are followed, but there's already strong recent precedent for the league to ban immediately and ongoing registered contracts for certain players who had off the field conduct that they felt tarnished the league, even without charges and/or before convictions.

This incident crosses the line to off-the-field conduct with the race based trash talk and behaviour after the play, if the on-the-field conduct isn't enough.

Still can't believe Riders are willing to die on this hill.  I knew the older Dickenson was a moron who wasn't fit to be a head coach but this is crazy.

Can't believe the CFLPA will be as stupid. 

I honestly don't believe they will be. They will look into the contents of the investigation to make sure it was done fairly, and once they find that it was this will be over from their perspective I would think, Other than to advise Marino on their findings, and give him advice on damage control probably. 

Forgotten amongst the gross on-field displays, and reaction afterwards, is the fact that Marino tried to initiate a public altercation with members of the Redblacks at The Keg, the day before.  Dickenson says heat of the moment, picking fights before the game says otherwise.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Had the Keg incident been included as evidence about the game shenanigans, it  could have done some damage in so many ways. 

I doubt it, as it fall outside their ability to do anything about since the Redblacks apparently did not take the bait, but it surely shows how loose of a cannon this guy is. Doubt the league could use it, but I am sure it is something that they were aware of when passing judgement on this guy.

I wonder if Oday has the mental capacity to muzzle his coach, and any more players from their idiotic tweets and comments, ...I think he doesn't just due to the fact he hasn't come out to address this in any manner....it's just baffling, and all in regards to a guy who isn't a top end player, a repeat offender, and obviously not remorseful as he hasn't even made an I am sorry statement, or shown any indication that he believes he was in the wrong...It's just utterly bizzare and sad all around...and to try and profess you are a legit professional organization and are doing all the right things is a pure load of crap

I truly think Dicklesson is actually a bit short in the common sense and intelligence area....he has never come across before overy smart or well spoken,..much less aware of the obvious around him...and this just compounds...or better yet proves it

4 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Had the Keg incident been included as evidence about the game shenanigans, it  could have done some damage in so many ways. 

I think the Riders are trying to find proof Loserino ate at a mexican or chinese restaurent....cause with their narrative...would mean the racial taunts were false...and that he's just a great guy who is misunderstood lol

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I wonder if Oday has the mental capacity to muzzle his coach, and any more players from their idiotic tweets and comments, ...I think he doesn't just due to the fact he hasn't come out to address this in any manner....it's just baffling, and all in regards to a guy who isn't a top end player, a repeat offender, and obviously not remorseful as he hasn't even made an I am sorry statement, or shown any indication that he believes he was in the wrong...It's just utterly bizzare and sad all around...and to try and profess you are a legit professional organization and are doing all the right things is a pure load of crap

I truly think Dicklesson is actually a bit short in the common sense and intelligence area....he has never come across before overy smart or well spoken,..much less aware of the obvious around him...and this just compounds...or better yet proves it

I can understand O'Daisy not coming forward initially and letting Dickie run with the ball on this one. However, after the public comments made by Dickie I cannot understand why O'Day wouldn't save him from himself. Just a rudderless leadership group all around.

it's almost looking as tho that organization thinks it wasnt that big a deal...even tho the rest of the league is lit up mad over it...most fans outside Regina and pretty much all media....tells u something when u look at it, and what a clown show it is there...

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Forgotten amongst the gross on-field displays, and reaction afterwards, is the fact that Marino tried to initiate a public altercation with members of the Redblacks at The Keg, the day before.  Dickenson says heat of the moment, picking fights before the game says otherwise.

Whoa whoa whoa... The Keg is in REGINA?!?!? Their organization just lost alot of respect from me.